Ryan Edmondson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Ryan Edmondson

Post by Cjay »

The worlds oldest looking 17 year old. :)

Given our difficulty at times breaking teams down combined with our injury problems I'm a bit surprised that we havent seen more of him.

Paddy Bamford has only managed a handful of games, we have been solely reliant on Kemar Roofe or Tyler Roberts.

Both have done well, but because both of them are so similar we struggle.

Stoke for example, if you can handle Kemar Roofe you can probably handle Tyler Roberts.

Both smaller, more mobile and intelligent but both require room to move rather then a physical battle.

Ryan is built like a brick wall, 6ft3 and powerful, lacking the mobility and finesse of Roofe and Roberts, but more able to battle and compete physically.

Would be a good option from the bench when things arent going well.

Games like Stoke where Roofe or Roberts are being smothered by giant cbs and there is no where threatening to move to.

Put Edmondson on and you have a focal point, someone able to compete physically and hold up the ball or battle for crosses.

Watching Man City you can see the similarities between our playing styles.

But you can obviously see the difference in class to, City rarely cross the ball, we often get frustrated and do.

Its pointless in a crowded penalty box crossing for Roofe or Roberts.

But Ryan would have a chance.

Thoughts?

Should we have used Edmondson more as an option?

Or is he to raw.

Imo while he isnt on Clarkies level of development, he could be useful for 15-20mins in certain games.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ryan Edmondson

Post by Dalton »

I would say, yes we need him.
We have been chasing 3 out of the last 4 games without success. In that situation they should move to 2 through the middle. Ed and Roofe
I think that could make life difficult for tiring defenders in the last 20 mins
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Yes, I agree with Dalton. Use him in a two up front later in games.
He made one very brief appearance earlier in the season but not enough to judge his readiness.
As CJay points out, Roofe and Roberts are too similar. Sometimes you need a plan B.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Definitely have him on the bench . Leeds are quite predictable at times so he could be used as an alternative to give the opposition something to think about.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Another thing he brings is his head to set pieces at both ends of the pitch
and that is definitely a plan B
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't look close to ready on his last appearance I think Kun is further advanced right now. Ryans lack of mobility may be an issue in MB's system but a prospect non the less
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:55 pm Didn't look close to ready on his last appearance I think Kun is further advanced right now. Ryans lack of mobility may be an issue in MB's system but a prospect non the less
Indeed Faaip he didn't look nowhere near ready on his last appearance

Why can't we be bold & try sign a top goalscorer rather than rely on players who are clearly not ready or good enough
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm Definitely have him on the bench . Leeds are quite predictable at times so he could be used as an alternative to give the opposition something to think about.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Too predictable at times, no plan B
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Don't forget that we have the best record in the division (or certainly did recently) of points earned from losing positions so clearly something has been working when Plan A initially failed.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ryan ideally probably isnt ready for 1st team football.

But like Fulham last season they went out got Mitrovic who gave them a plan B in some respects, they could play there pretty football and Mitrovic could join in because he was good enough.

But when things wernt working they could go direct, they could go a bit more route 1 and play off his height and power.

That imo is what Edmondson could give us.

We clearly arent going to get a Mitrovic or Llorente.

But Edmondson could be our more physical option for 15-20mins.

I'm surprised Bielsa hasnt used him more or indeed asked for a similar type of player to Llorebte tbh.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The way Halme finishes you could probably play him up front at a pinch...he looks a prospect tbf
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"