The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 23rd Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 23rd Jan)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

According to Russian media outlet Championat, Leeds have tabled a bid worth £10.5million for Spartak Moscow centre-forward Ze Luis.

Ze Luis, 27, has scored 11 goals in 24 appearances in all competitions for the Moscow giants this season

Spartak will be reluctant to let luis go, especially for 10m

Bamford, Douglas, Berardi and Dallas are all close to a return to first team action but the Rotherham game is step too far.

There is no reason why all four players should not be available for selection for the Norwich game on the 2nd February!

This is particularly good news for Berardi who limped off during Leeds 3-2 win against the Saints in the under 23 development game on Monday night. Looks like it was just precaution after all!

Lets hope that Brown can collect some match time too.

We can expect movement in the transfer market this week, with Daniel James making the switch to Elland Road!

But not if Swansea team mate Oli McBurnie has anything to say about it. The former Leeds youngster is desperate for him team mate to stay at the Liberty Stadium.

"I’ve told him to stay," he said.

"I’m going to lock him in a room and have a word with him soon! He’s been playing really well and when you have big performances like his, you’re going to get attention.

"It’s down to the club to do what they need to do, but we want to keep our youngest and best players. DJ is one of the players we want to build our team around. The basis of a good team is young players.

"DJ has been here since the academy at 16 or 17. The club has done well to tie the rest of the young lads down and hopefully DJ is the next one so we can get that sorted."
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 23rd Jan)

Post by HarryofOz »

I forgot that Douglas was even with us.

I wonder what style of player Ze Luis is. Has an so-so scoring record.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Morning all.

Well I hope we've learned our lesson and aren't trying to rush Bamford, Dallas, Berardi and Douglas back too early.

The £10.5m for Ze Luis sounds completely fabricated. If true, then I fear we're selling Clarke as we don't have that kind of money.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not sure we have £10m to blow on 1 player, so taking no notice of that tbh.

No idea what the Swansea lad is like as a player but their fans like him and would be sorry to see him go, now a player too, lets hope we get him and he lives up to his reputation.

I think Saturday showed where we have missed Bamford, he made the difference when he came on at Bolton and Saturday was a similar game to that, Roofe was struggling to get into the game but we had no one on the bench to change things around. So hopefully he can stay fit this time.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Given all the players we have been linked with then I don't think we need to fear the squad being too small. Until a deal is nearly done I find it is pointless to even speculate on these rumours as most have absolutely no credibility.

Hopefully the injured players will all be ready for the first team again soon. Would be great to see us at full strength as we enter the business end of the season.

Good to see McBurnie wants James to stay as it would suggest he is a decent player who creates chances for strikers - exactly what we need.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am Not sure we have £10m to blow on 1 player, so taking no notice of that tbh.

No idea what the Swansea lad is like as a player but their fans like him and would be sorry to see him go, now a player too, lets hope we get him and he lives up to his reputation.

I think Saturday showed where we have missed Bamford, he made the difference when he came on at Bolton and Saturday was a similar game to that, Roofe was struggling to get into the game but we had no one on the bench to change things around. So hopefully he can stay fit this time.
Even if we had £30m to spend I couldn't see us splashing out £10m on one player

Now Clarke has established himself in the first team we have no game-changer on the bench but that has been the scenario for much of the season. We are far too reliant on Roofe, unfair to expect Kemar to perform to a high level every game.

Time our management realises we need more attacking options rather than relying on the recovery of crocked players. Radz/Orta/Bielsa have a week to resolve the obvious problems.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

James played the 2nd half against SU the other night. He's very fast and direct which is something I think Leeds could do with however he is short and the team could really do with someone with a bit more height and muscle just to mix it up when things aren't going well.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Afternoon All,

Ze Luis would be a quality signing but I'm of the same view as the others - we are unlikely to spend that on one player and the story probably isn't true anyway.
Most likely it's being circulated by the players agent to get him an improved deal.

So we have an update on the injury front.
It sounds promising but I can't see Beradi, Dallas or Bamford being fit for the Norwich game given how much time they have been out.
I have a feeling Brown will be in the 18 this weekend as he only played 45 minutes on Monday.

Sounds as if Dan James would be a useful addition to the squad but not the level of signing I was hoping for.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden