Rob Price

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Rob Price

Post by Cjay »

Our Head of medicine.

Former Liverpool and Hull Physio.

Was hailed earlier this season for getting players back ahead of schedule.

But that didnt last.

Questions are being asked, are our players being put back in to early?

Luke Ayling for example hasnt looked close to right since he returned.

Barry Douglas hasnt looked the same since his first injury and then got reinjured.

Paddy Bamford admitted after his goalscoring return vs Bolton that he was still in pain, then got reinjured.

Izzy Brown got reinjured (although thats fairly common with his injury).

Gaetano Berardi is currently having a scan on his hamstring after making his return yesterday.

Bamford hurt his knee, then reinjured the same knee.

Berardi hurt his hamstring then did it again, that is most common when rehab is incorrect or a person returns to physical activity to early apparently.

Had a look on what Hull fans think of Rob and one of the criticisms was indeed "far to many players suffering reinjuries soon after coming back".

Does seem we are being more careful with Bamford and Brown now, lessons learned perhaps?

But are our medical department in there hurry to get players back knowing how thin our squad is actually making the problem worse by allowing players to return before they are ready?

Could be coincidence but imo there have been to many for that to be the case.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Rob Price

Post by weasel »

Always tricky to judge. Usually the body is weaker after an injury as other parts of the body try to compensate for the affected area and as such it is often easy to injure a different part of the body. Definitely seems a worry though.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Injuries are injuries, I should know. Sometimes you make a good recovery sometimes it's trickier. I'm sure our head of medicine is doing a fine job with what he has at his disposal
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:09 pm Injuries are injuries, I should know. Sometimes you make a good recovery sometimes it's trickier. I'm sure our head of medicine is doing a fine job with what he has at his disposal
Perhaps, but Berardi for example is a prime example of a player being rushed back from what I've read, incredibly common with hamstring injuries if a player isnt ready to suffer a strain.

Could be coincidence but questions should be asked imo.

At some point coincidence stops being reasonable.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cold weather ain't gonna help
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If a player says he feels fine and says he is ready to return then a physio can't be blamed for that.
I played men's football for 25 years and tore my hamstring for the first time aged 30 and came back from it before it had properly healed, torn it again (this time worse) and had problems with it until I packed up playing a month short of my 40th birthday
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm really unsure what we do with our players

We either sign crocks or turn them into crocks :(
hector

Post by hector »

bloody lightweight wusses...... :)

I once ran a marathon with my leg hanging off.... and had to walk over the Welsh mountains the next day......

but tell that to these wimps and they won't believe me..... :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:03 pmBut are our medical department in there hurry to get players back knowing how thin our squad is actually making the problem worse by allowing players to return before they are ready?

Would the medical team rush players back? Or is that more likely to be the coaches.

I think with having a relatively small squad of senior players there will always be pressure to get them back in early, however conversely that probably means it is better to be sure they are 100% fit.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:32 pm bloody lightweight wusses...... :)

I once ran a marathon with my leg hanging off.... and had to walk over the Welsh mountains the next day......

Totally agree Hector I once had to get over Man Flu did I look for any sympathy, well yes but the point is I didn’t get any but I still got over it
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

good for you Ratty.....

and do we get paid £000's each week??

do we bollox.....

bloody namby pambys the lot of em :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I did something to my knee in September (haven't had a scan, but ligaments were all fine). Three months of physio and everything seemed fine - my physio was happy and I could do everything on it again.

Half an hour into my first game back and it recurred.

These things happen and it's only that we have had the volume of injuries (and therefore potential for setbacks) that we're noticing...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 pm Would the medical team rush players back? Or is that more likely to be the coaches.

I think with having a relatively small squad of senior players there will always be pressure to get them back in early, however conversely that probably means it is better to be sure they are 100% fit.
Bit of both i suspect.

The coach will want his players back and Rob Price and co will be under pressure to get them back asap.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

There was criticsm of Prices handling of Fernando Torres when he was at Liverpool.

Torres suffered hamstring injuries in August, October and November of the 08 09 season

He also suffered recurring knee injuries January and April the following season.

And he also suffered recurring thigh problems to.

A strange case because prior to Liverpool he had been relatively injury free and even after leaving he hasnt suffered to the same extent.
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

hector wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:32 pm bloody lightweight wusses...... :)

You tell them Hector
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Stuart Dallas joins the list of players who get reinjured straight after an old injury . . Just confirmed on clubs website.

Sorry but this level of reinjury isnt normal
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:34 am Stuart Dallas joins the list of players who get reinjured straight after an old injury . . Just confirmed on clubs website.

Sorry but this level of reinjury isnt normal
Again though it isn't a recurrence of the actual injury, same as the other players, but a fresh injury.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm really starting to think that the backroom staff are rushing players back now. This level of injuries/re-injuries just isn't normal. Just don't trust them anymore to get it right. This is the knock-on effect of a small squad and a big lesson to MB .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Is the level of injuries not normal? Or do we just have a smaller squad of first team players so we notice the impact more?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:35 pm Again though it isn't a recurrence of the actual injury, same as the other players, but a fresh injury.
Bera did his hammy back to back, Bamford did ligaments in the same knee.

Imo if you are getting reinjuries as often as we are then something isnt right somewhere.
Signed

King Cjay