The best in the world

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

The best in the world

Post by Cjay »

Wasnt sure this was thread worthy, but given the unfair amount of stick MB has had ( alot of support but still much more stressful this week for him then he needed to be).

Remember when Ian "Moose" Abrahams on Talksport said basically "Bielsa and Farke would be bad for English football if they got promoted because we need more English managers like Chris Wilder, Frank Lampard and Tony Pulis"?

Aside from the fact Pulis is Welsh (Moose is paid to talk about sport but cant even get a mans nationality right) :lol:

Today has highlighted something for me, and blows Moose and those who think like him totally out of the water.

One of those aforementioned English managers was our dear own favourite Frank Lampard ( i like Frank tbh, but he has made a tit of himself).

Good old Frank, good for English football if he got promoted, because he would develop players, he would make players better, he would support a young player if he had a bad game and help him improve, he would ship that player of back to Aberdeen and bring in a middle aged man, eh what?

Max Lowe, 21 year old full back who got rinsed by Jack Clarke ( 18 year old English winger Ian, damn those foreigners bringing through English players eh), what does Frank do? He sends him back to Scotland on loan, casts him aside, basically " go back up there your not good enough", and he brings in Ashley Cole, his old mate, a fantastic player 10 years ago, but now, at 38, having not played at a decent standard since 2015 in Italy, he has played in America but really is that a good enough standard?

Max Lowe may not be good enough yet, but Frank as modestly as possible Jack Clarke is special, he isnt your average teenager, he is a special player who has made decent experienced players look very poor already, ask Alan Hutton and Elmohamady at Villa.

Getting rinsed by him isnt a disgrace, and as a coach you should be helping Max improve, not palm him off to another manager while getting your old mate in.

The Bielsa way would be to help Max improve, to keep faith, to ANALYSE what Max does wrong and help him correct it.

"My admiration for Marcelo Bielsa is huge because he makes the players much, much better,"
"Still, I didn't meet one guy, a former player from Marcelo Biesla who speaks no good about him.
"They are grateful about his influence on their careers in football.
"He helped me a lot with his advice. Whenever I speak with him I always feel like he wants to help me."
"It is important for me to say this about Marcelo because it doesn't matter how many titles he had in his career," the Spaniard added. "We are judged by that – how much success we have, how many titles we have won.
"But that is much less influential than how he has influenced football and his football players.
"That is why, for me, he is the best coach in the world.

Listen to Pep Frank, you could learn something from MB.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The best in the world

Post by weasel »

Just wait for them to start slagging Bielsa off again when he replaces british young goalkeeper BPF with a journeyman foreigner....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm Just wait for them to start slagging Bielsa off again when he replaces british young goalkeeper BPF with a journeyman foreigner....
Not from me, although young Bailey has done well between the sticks he has been guilty of several errors this season, some of the gifted goals down to inexperience I reckon !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

weasel wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm Just wait for them to start slagging Bielsa off again when he replaces british young goalkeeper BPF with a journeyman foreigner....
I would hope MB would have BFP learn from Kiko rather than ship him off somewhere! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Excellent post from cjay btw :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:37 pm Not from me, although young Bailey has done well between the sticks he has been guilty of several errors this season, some of the gifted goals down to inexperience I reckon !
I was referring to the media rather than us fans.