The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 18th Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 18th Jan)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Soccer pundit Keith Andrews has had a change of heart over Spygate following Bielsa's impromptu press conference on Wednesday evening!

He explained he is still unimpressed by spying on opponents’ training sessions but is stunned by the work ethic and level of detail of the Leeds manager.

“There’s a misconception about what I think about Leeds and what I think about him,” Andrews told the Off the Ball programme. “What I love about him is that intensity and the detail he goes into. All those hours that he spends, and his coaching staff, working behind the scenes, you can imagine them being in a bunker, not even sleeping.

“I have nothing but admiration for the way he does that. Everybody associated with Leeds is going to lap it up. He was already on a pedestal for what he has done at that football club. It has been phenomenal, because he hasn’t actually spent much money.

“The Powerpoint presentation was phenomenal. He must have a severe amount of manpower beneath him to be able to do that. That’s on a different scale and spectrum. Most clubs at Championship level haven’t got that at their disposal. It was just like, ‘wow’, I’ve never heard anything like it, in all my time in football.”

Not to shy away from the lime light, Ian Holloway wanted to have his say on Spygate, and what he would have done had he caught the spy!!!

“If one of my staff had seen him over there, kidnapped him, duct taped him – seriously – there’s no rules in my life about that. I’d have thrown him back into Bielsa’s room and said: ‘There you go,’ and I’d have written all my tactics down on his chest.

“That (watching training) is wrong, we all know it’s wrong, we all know when players dive it’s wrong. Something’s got to be done.

“Is it (wrong to duct tape someone)? Not if he’s cheating it ain’t, not in my book. My dad would have done that to me.”

You're not in Bermondsey now Ian!

Leeds have turned down an approach from Crystal Palace for Jack Clarke.

Seriously - Crystal Palace!!!!
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 18th Jan)

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Keith Andrews is an odious ferret who quite frankly can go play in traffic for all i care.
He is only back tracking now because of the backlash from people associated with Leeds.
Holloway... all mouth no trousers. Never managed at a big club never really had a great level of success wherever he has gone so doesn't understand what it takes to succeed.
Agreed on Palace.... think they must be joking. With leeds primed to reach the promised land this season. We will establish ourselves far higher than Palace have so why would Clarke move?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:18 am Soccer pundit Keith Andrews has had a change of heart over Spygate following Bielsa's impromptu press conference on Wednesday evening!

Has he changed his mind about Pontus not being a very good defender yet?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Young Clarke is in a special position. He has now officially broken into the first team for a club that looks more destined to be playing in the Premier League with every passing week. And I do think it's destiny. How else to explain the last second wins, or other teams miraculously dropping points when we do? In any case, Clarke is looking like a prodigy and I hope he himself knows that his career will be better served playing first team here than warming someone else's bench.

Ian Holloway should be reminded that abduction is, actually, illegal. See, this is what I meant the other day. Those who still criticise Bielsa have gotten more and more extreme and sound increasingly bitter, stupid and just plain nasty. Those who rely solely on an unspoken and subjective code of morality to make their arguments in the absence of reason tend to end up exposing themselves as fools. But they are also the most fanatical of fools, and so are the most dangerous. They and their media jackals will not let this drop as long as they can squeeze a few extra quid out of it.

Which actually makes Keith Andrews's admission so surprising. Whilst not an actual retraction, it did show at least that he's capable of looking beyond the easy and convenient path of outrage and admitting that there's much more to this situation - and Bielsa - than cheap tabloid headlines would have you believe.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I feel Holloway had his tongue firmly in cheek..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 am I feel Holloway had his tongue firmly in cheek..
Me too.....
Morning everyone
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think Andrews and some of the other numpties are feeling pretty stupid now and trying to salvage their pride by trying to perform u-turns without actually admitting they got it wrong. All these other managers coming out saying they do the same amount of research is ludicrous and just them trying to fool their fans/chairmen. At most I reckon most managers will probably watch 2 or 3 matches of the opposition before playing them.

I too think Holloway was simply having a joke.

Clarke chose to sign for us previously when other 'bigger' clubs were sniffing around. Apparently he was given the biggest contract we have ever given to an 18 year old - which when you think back to the youngsters we had when Ridsdale was in charge and handing out huge contracts would suggest it is a decent contract. The club are rightly saying to all players that they will renegotiate contracts at the end of the season as if we are promoted then we can give substantial contracts. You can't simply start handing out huge increases midway through a season and then find yourself up sh*t creek if you don't get promoted.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

The breakfasts debate should be about a bunch of jelly fish MP"s
Who sent me to NI and have no backbone you fookkin cowatds
hector

Post by hector »

liggy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:51 am The breakfasts debate should be about a bunch of jelly fish MP"s
Who sent me to NI and have no backbone you fookkin cowatds
What mob were you in Liggy?
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Holloway is a massive fan of Bielsa & what he has achieved at Leeds

He often praises the current Leeds team
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Keith Andrews can get in the bin. Still no apology for the disgusting things he was saying about Bielsa, you would think he was the second coming of Jeffrey Dahmer the way he went on. He's just trying to uturn because he's been made to look like the prized pillock he is.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:13 am Me too.....
Morning everyone
Ah ok, if that's the case then shame on me for taking things out of context. Having seen some of his follow up comments I think that's the case.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 pm Ah ok, if that's the case then shame on me for taking things out of context. Having seen some of his follow up comments I think that's the case.
No shame on you :) We're all about ( friendly) opinions on here...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:30 pm No shame on you :) We're all about ( friendly) opinions on here...
Agreed, it can get a little fractious on here from time to time. The Christiansen/Hockaday "debate" probably the last time but we, in general, are a very tolerant bunch.

I quite like Hollaway, decent manager at this level and a off centre sense of humour, as 64 says seems to be a fan of MB
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"