The #LUFC Breakfast Debate ( Thur 17th Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate ( Thur 17th Jan)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Frank Lampard went on the counter attack following Derby's penalty win against a very poor Southampton side.

The journo's were quick to wind up the former England International regarding Bielsa's comments easrlier that evening.

"He gave an impression," Lampard told Sky Sports. "I haven't seen Pep Guardiola give that impression, Jurgen Klopp give that, Mauricio Pochettino give that. They do it behind closed doors definitely, but they don't do it to the public.

"Yeah [everyone does research] it's really simple. It's probably a nice eye-opener for the fan to see it because most of this stuff happens behind closed doors.

"But they are done everywhere, there's no amazement from anyone who works in football."

Leeds fans have been bombarding Derbyshire Police to seek clarification about the Leeds spy to infiltrated Derby's top secret training base.

Not only was the Leeds scout not hiding crouched down in the undergrowth but he was STOOD on PUBLIC LAND and was just asked by Derbyshire Police to move on....

Derbyshire Police‏
A report came in that a person was on a public road but was acting suspiciously around the training centre's perimeter fence, hence the response from our officers. We cannot make comment as to what was on his person or give exact details as no arrest or charge was made.

Derbyshire Police‏
Hi Ryan, He was found not to be committing a crime so no further action was necessary. He was simply & politely asked to move on. He was indeed stood on public land.
DxC5xjPX4AMR6ER.jpg

Stan Collymore had a complete meltdown yesterday launching a tirade of abuse at Leeds fans.

The outspoken Soccer pundit had been widely criticised for his comments regarding Spygate, then went a step further as he urged every Championship club should take legal action against Leeds.

Obviously Leeds fans on social media retaliated; this is when the ex Liverpool star lost the plot attaching articles painting our club as being racist thugs!

Thoughts?
aaa.jpg
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate ( Thur 17th Jan)

Post by HarryofOz »

Why does anyone bother responding to Stan Collymore? Don't give him oxygen, don't give him the pleasure of thinking anyone cares what he has to say about anything.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Frank Lampard went on the counter attack following Derby's penalty win against a very poor Southampton side.
"He gave an impression," Lampard told Sky Sports. "I haven't seen Pep Guardiola give that impression, Jurgen Klopp give that, Mauricio Pochettino give that. They do it behind closed doors definitely, but they don't do it to the public.
"Yeah [everyone does research] it's really simple. It's probably a nice eye-opener for the fan to see it because most of this stuff happens behind closed doors.
"But they are done everywhere, there's no amazement from anyone who works in football."

MB wouldn't have needed to do it in public if someone hadn't brought it into the public domain. Perhaps Derby should train 'behind closed doors' instead of training where they can be seen by the 'public' standing on 'public' property.

The only person to suggest the Leeds Utd Observer (the word spy shouldn't be used as there was no spying) was in bushes and with pliers was Frank Lampard. Distorts the actual events somewhat by making it seem completely underhand when all the observer was doing was seeing what any member of public or the press could see.

Stan Collymore had a complete meltdown yesterday launching a tirade of abuse at Leeds fans.
The outspoken Soccer pundit had been widely criticised for his comments regarding Spygate, then went a step further as he urged every Championship club should take legal action against Leeds.
Obviously Leeds fans on social media retaliated; this is when the ex Liverpool star lost the plot attaching articles painting our club as being racist thugs!

Lose the argument so introduce the race card. This is awful as it is the sort of thing that makes people prejudiced and actually harms the good work of organisations such as Kick It Out etc.
Due to the amount of travelling Leeds fans it isn't really anything other than logical that we would have more arrests etc than the majority of teams as they would have less fans. A % of arrests per amount of travelling fans would be better. Sadly there will always be a racist element, as we have seen with several clubs but that has nothing at all to do with the MB information gathering exercise.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

There are so many threads to this Spygate story.

1) Sky and many of the major media outlets are still gunning for leeds and
making a big thing out of his admission that he has spied on every club,
though he himself is more guarded in his use of words and uses observe or watch.
They seem to be saying he would like 27 other offences to be taken into consideration.

2) When Bielsa started his talk there were shouts of get the shovel out of his hands
he is digging a grave for himself, or how can the PR men let him do this.
The expectation in the air was that he was going to resign, and everyone was fearful
about what was going to happen, and what would be the consequences for the club.
Dug out bans, fines, points deductions, the tower of london, executions. The flights of
imagination were quite horrific.

3) As the press conference unfolded it turn out to be a masterclass in tactics, and you
felt that football managers would pay thousands of pounds to know how Bielsa puts
all this information together, analysis it all and reduces it to a neat little packaged video
of 8 minutes to deliver to EACH player so they fully understand the task they face
in the next game. He has the audacity to give away Derby's game plan and tactics
to every other manager in the league, and the main thrust of this display is that
observing a game is but a drop in the bucket, the dust on the scales, and disappears
into insignificance when compared to the other data that he has gathered.

4) In the aftermath of the presentation, Leeds fans have been dragged from the
depths of despair to the heights of elation, and almost grudgingly Derby fans
have to concede that his analysis has been brilliant, Twitter goes into meltdown
with many managers and pundits astonished by what he has just done.
Lampard after winning at Southampton feebly says I can do that too, but he
has the taste of sour grapes in his mouth. Lineker and Warnock praise Bielsa, as does Pep.
The gainsayers like Collymore still stick to their guns, and the Spygate furore will not
go away.

5) There is definitely a media battle going on and it is between mainstream media like Sky
who are try to mould public opinion against Bielsa, and the social media fanbase who are
overjoyed at the way Bielsa has handled this. The real question is if the EFL are listening
to the opinions of the media to come to a decision, then there will be punishments if
Sky rules the roost, and it it is social media then they will be funding a statue for Bielsa
outside Leeds. Therefore it is important that the influence of Sky is negated by the voice of
the fans in social media.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Was very interesting to see that the BBC changed its headline from Bielsa admits to spying to Bielsa admits to watching. Disappointed Yorkshire Post still referring to it as spying when it isn't as it was just someone watching training sessions from public spaces.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

My only regret about this situation so far is that the club made the comment about honesty and integrity. That's what fuelled the fear that he might leave.

A united front, and full support for Marcelo, is what's needed from now on.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf all managers do do some analysis, they didnt used to but its part of football now. But since its widely acknowledged that Bielsa has a unique attention to detail i think its a bit silly of Frank to just go "yeah i can do that". 300 hours of analysis is an extraordinary amount, i doubt that thats normal.

So the police didnt entre the training ground? So Derby lied, also where did the pliers and things come from? No mention of that anywhere either.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm Tbf all managers do do some analysis, they didnt used to but its part of football now. But since its widely acknowledged that Bielsa has a unique attention to detail i think its a bit silly of Frank to just go "yeah i can do that". 300 hours of analysis is an extraordinary amount, i doubt that thats normal.

So the police didnt entre the training ground? So Derby lied, also where did the pliers and things come from? No mention of that anywhere either.
Just a load of nonsense drummed up by Derby officials
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 pm Just a load of nonsense drummed up by Derby officials
Then that in itself should be chased up legally.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I just read in the Evening standard that Rio Ferdinand said
We know their free kicks, their set pieces because that is why
we we employ our analysis people. We send scouts to their
matches, not just one match, three matches so we have a full report

This then begs the question are scouts who are at a game,"Spying"
or just "Observing"?

It is a real shitshow.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Afternoon All,

This whole 'spying' saga has gone way beyond a joke now.
I still cannot believe Sky wheeled out Peter Shilton from god knows where to talk about it and he was so ill informed he stated that MB was Italian!
They then followed that up by asking Eddie Jones about it!
Let's get something straight here, nothing that was done was illegal nor immoral in my opinion despite what the so called pundits are saying.
Therefore we will NOT be deducted points nor will the game against Derby be replayed.
The club's lawyers would have a field day if the EFL attempt anything.
The whole thing is making my blood boil.
Oh and as I sit here, Steven Gerrard is having his say on it....sigh
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sky are pushing an agenda because Radz took La Liga off them. Pathetic sore losers, maybe that's why they love Saint Frank so much then. Peas in a pod.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm Afternoon All,

I still cannot believe Sky wheeled out Peter Shilton from god knows where to talk about it and he was so ill informed he stated that MB was Italian!
Let's get something straight here, nothing that was done was illegal nor immoral in my opinion despite what the so called pundits are saying.
Therefore we will NOT be deducted points nor will the game against Derby be replayed.
MB has made sure that the game cannot be played again by saying he's had a scout at all training sessions..If you replay one you have to replay them all ...We'd have to basically play 2 games a week for the next 5 months ...taking us to the end of June at best. Then you'd need another 3/4 weeks for the playoffs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:33 pm Afternoon All,

Haven't bothered with Sky 'so called old news" today at all Chilli. Usually I enjoy watching whilst having my brekkie. Accidentally got it just when they were asking Garrard about it....yawn :sleep: yawn :sleep: ....pathetic, the lot of them
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 pm Haven't bothered with Sky 'so called old news" today at all Chilli. Usually I enjoy watching whilst having my brekkie. Accidentally got it just when they were asking Garrard about it....yawn :sleep: yawn :sleep: ....pathetic, the lot of them
Me too. Enjoy watching Transfer Centre, especially since we've signed someone today, but after the agenda they're trying to pull, I have avoided them today.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:35 pm Me too. Enjoy watching Transfer Centre, especially since we've signed someone today, but after the agenda they're trying to pull, I have avoided them today.
Sky do this all the time SG. Get hold of a story and grind us into the ground with it. When scum signed Solksjaer as manager a few weeks ago, they went on and on for hours without mentioning any other sports news at all. I turned off that day as well :x I seriously thought about cancelling my subscription this morning!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Sky's decision not to televise the Bielsa interview live was simply down to them knowing that he would be putting everyone in their place by telling the truth. Instead they don't cover it, despite focussing so much time on the story, so that they can just pick out the titbits and lies for their agenda. If it was really as big a deal as they are trying to make out then why not televise the whole press conference as it happened?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:46 pm Sky do this all the time SG. Get hold of a story and grind us into the ground with it. When scum signed Solksjaer as manager a few weeks ago, they went on and on for hours without mentioning any other sports news at all. I turned off that day as well :x I seriously thought about cancelling my subscription this morning!
Leeds fans need to watch illegal streams next time we're on TV. I don't care if I'm not allowed to say that on here, I'm fed up of those vultures bleeding off us while they talk smack about us and hire unprofessional biased "pundits" like Keith Andrews. Hit them where it hurts.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ain't used Sly for years. Conning bastards !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

And Sky have made such a big thing of spygate that our signing of a keeper from Real Madrid no less has hardly had a mention.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden