The #LUFC Breakfast Debate ( Thur 17th Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate ( Thur 17th Jan)

Post by BGwhite »

Ain't used Sky for years. Conning bastards !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:05 pm Leeds fans need to watch illegal streams next time we're on TV. I don't care if I'm not allowed to say that on here, I'm fed up of those vultures bleeding off us while they talk smack about us and hire unprofessional biased "pundits" like Keith Andrews. Hit them where it hurts.
I got rid of Sky many years ago

It's hypocritical to criticise Sky if you still purchase their packages

I see it at games where Leeds fans are very vocal about how sh*t Sky is then they head off home & watch their favourite sports channel :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm I got rid of Sky many years ago

I see it at games where Leeds fans are very vocal about how sh*t Sky is then they head off home & watch their favourite sports channel :roll:
Not hypocritical 64. I have Sky sports to watch cricket, rugby, tennis, motor racing footy etc. I object to them using Sky sports news as a tool to beat up anyone or team that is down, which is what all news outlets do, papers, internet, tweeters, whatever. As I say, I usually enjoy watching Sky Sports News, but when they run and run and run with the same old garbage, it kinda gets on my chimes, especially where my beloved Whites are concerned :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:18 pm I got rid of Sky many years ago

I have the Virgin xl package so I get BT, SKy sports and Movies included on top. I'm not anti Sky, I think they do great things like Sky Arts for example. Just don't think we should line their ad revenue anymore when they show us.
hector

Post by hector »

If it is any help.. I have never subscribed to any Sky package or channels.

And when I steal the matches (stream) it is usually sky that I get :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 pm Not hypocritical 64. I have Sky sports to watch cricket, rugby, tennis, motor racing footy etc. I object to them using Sky sports news as a tool to beat up anyone or team that is down, which is what all news outlets do, papers, internet, tweeters, whatever. As I say, I usually enjoy watching Sky Sports News, but when they run and run and run with the same old garbage, it kinda gets on my chimes, especially where my beloved Whites are concerned :)
Not keen on Rupert Murdoch as a person, a power-crazed greedy self-centred individual

His company Sky dictates the cream of football & sport in general with little regard to the minnows or the grassroots of any sport

Sky have ruined football for the ordinary fans who support their club come rain or shine

Terrestrial TV viewers are starved of live sport due to his total domination more or less
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:16 pm Not keen on Rupert Murdoch as a person, a power-crazed greedy self-centred individual

His company Sky dictates the cream of football & sport in general with little regard to the minnows or the grassroots of any sport

Sky have ruined football for the ordinary fans who support their club come rain or shine

Terrestrial TV viewers are starved of live sport due to his total domination more or less
Murdoch doesn't own Sky anymore. It was bought by Comcast, who own NBC & Universal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 pm Murdoch doesn't own Sky anymore. It was bought by Comcast, who own NBC & Universal.
Well it was his baby & it's still the same organisation with the same mindset
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm Tbf all managers do do some analysis, they didnt used to but its part of football now. But since its widely acknowledged that Bielsa has a unique attention to detail i think its a bit silly of Frank to just go "yeah i can do that". 300 hours of analysis is an extraordinary amount, i doubt that thats normal.

So the police didnt entre the training ground? So Derby lied, also where did the pliers and things come from? No mention of that anywhere either.
This should certainly be followed up by the club. Blatant lies by fat Frank. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I have to admit, I am one of the mugs who pays for Sky. I have the full package and multi room as well so I can watch what I want in a seperate room to the three females in my family.
Besides football, I have it for the golf and the NFL.
I've had it for 19 years and I keep thinking about at least getting rid of some of the channels but haven't got round to it.
From tomorrow, when I move house, I have to do without it until the 9th February when an engineer can fit a dish.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Stan Collymore really is becoming increasingly like a cartoon, and not a good quality old-school Viz one either. More like a cheap Honduran Saturday morning serial. But seriously, he presses play on the same worn-out, tired racism tape (ironically making an over-generalised and unjustified judgement about millions of people in the process) whilst acting with the same ignorance and prejudice in disregarding Bielsa's cultural background.

I'm no Guardian reader but I'm getting a very ugly 'Johnny Foreigner' whiff from a lot of these pundits, a lot of whom would brand me a bigot for doing little more than voting a certain way.

Hypocrisy already threatens to be the word of 2019.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm I have to admit, I am one of the mugs who pays for Sky. I have the full package and multi room as well so I can watch what I want in a seperate room to the three females in my family.
Besides football, I have it for the golf and the NFL.
I've had it for 19 years and I keep thinking about at least getting rid of some of the channels but haven't got round to it.
From tomorrow, when I move house, I have to do without it until the 9th February when an engineer can fit a dish.
NFL is awful for me on Sky ....as it is on the BBC..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:40 pm Sky are pushing an agenda because Radz took La Liga off them. Pathetic sore losers, maybe that's why they love Saint Frank so much then. Peas in a pod.
There's definitely a whiff of some other agenda going on because of the way it blew up so quickly.

Also, if someone was spotted at Derby training ground in the summer, why not address it then, if the issue was really surveillance?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:09 pm NFL is awful for me on Sky ....as it is on the BBC..
I like the red zone coverage because it shows the action from all the games as it happens
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:41 pm Stan Collymore really is becoming increasingly like a cartoon, and not a good quality old-school Viz one either. More like a cheap Honduran Saturday morning serial. But seriously, he presses play on the same worn-out, tired racism tape (ironically making an over-generalised and unjustified judgement about millions of people in the process) whilst acting with the same ignorance and prejudice in disregarding Bielsa's cultural background.

I'm no Guardian reader but I'm getting a very ugly 'Johnny Foreigner' whiff from a lot of these pundits, a lot of whom would brand me a bigot for doing little more than voting a certain way.

Hypocrisy already threatens to be the word of 2019.
Reeks of xenophobia, mate. If the boot had been on the other foot, Fat Fwank would have been lauded for his dedication and attention to detail. But an uppity Argie? Outrage, moral indignation and the erosion of the very fabric of our society. Mostly from hacks or washed up ex players who never amounted to much. The real pros, those who have played and managed at the very top level shrug and say "so what, goes on all the time, move on". And not once do they mention his nationality, culture or language skills
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:23 pm I like the red zone coverage because it shows the action from all the games as it happens
Love Red Zone but it's an NFL product Sky can't really screw up...Are you on waccoe?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"