Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by hector »

where is the like button when you need one?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So the Mirror breach Thorp Arch security :) to spy on training and of course Bielsa goes on Nation TV to whinge about our players training being interrupted and it ruining prep for our game against Stoke.

Of course he did.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-13882126
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 pm
All championship owners will have their own interests at heart in their attempt to stop our charge towards the premiership as it will hurt them financially

Imagine watching football with empty away ends in the EFL without Leeds !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

'I did hide in a laundry basket'
After the 'spygate' scandal at Leeds, Mourinho confirmed he had hidden in a laundry basket in 2005 for Chelsea's Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich after receiving a two-game touchline ban.

"I need to be with my players and I did it yeah," he said.

"I go to the dressing room during the day so I was there from midday and the game is seven o'clock. I just want to be in the dressing room when the players arrive. I went there and nobody see me. The problem was to leave after. And the kit man put me in the basket. It was a little bit open so I could breathe.

"But when he is taking it outside the dressing room, the Uefa guys were following and desperate to find me so he closed the box and I couldn't breathe. When he opened the box I was dying."

over to Frank....
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

weasel wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

After the 'spygate' scandal at Leeds, Mourinho confirmed he had hidden in a laundry basket in 2005 for Chelsea's Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich after receiving a two-game touchline ban.

"I go to the dressing room during the day so I was there from midday and the game is seven o'clock. I just want to be in the dressing room when the players arrive. I went there and nobody see me. The problem was to leave after. And the kit man put me in the basket. It was a little bit open so I could breathe.

"But when he is taking it outside the dressing room, the Uefa guys were following and desperate to find me so he closed the box and I couldn't breathe. When he opened the box I was dying."

over to Frank....
LMBO !!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

over to Frank....
How strange to see none of the moral police are outraged about this. And this is actually breaking a ban/law and is cheating to get an advantage.

Lampard must be asked about this.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

I have a feeling Biesla won't be around long and will leave.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-c ... -1-5858815

Norwich City demand answers from the EFL over Marcelo Bielsa ‘spy-gate’ controversy at Leeds United
The Canaries have contacted the Football League to urge them to probe the spying episode involving Marcelo Bielsa at Championship promotion rivals Leeds United.
City were correctly listed in a report in the Mail on Sunday as one of 11 Championship clubs pressing for a full EFL enquiry into Bielsa’s conduct.

A member of Bielsa’s backroom team was spotted at Derby County’s training ground ahead of their recent league meeting.

The Argentine then held a bizarre press briefing ahead of Saturday’s 2-1 league defeat at Stoke City in which he indicated it was not an isolated practice as part of his extensive scouting preparations for each opponent.

City released the following statement on Sunday morning, which read: ‘Following the comments made by Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa this week, Norwich City and a number of Championship clubs have written to the EFL asking for full disclosure.’

The Mail on Sunday report had indicated Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Bristol City are among the other clubs seeking an investigation, and quoted an EFL spokesperson who said: ‘We have received a communication on behalf of a number of clubs which will be considered as part of the current investigation that has commenced.’

Any potential sanctions would reportedly centre around whether Bielsa’s behaviour constitutes improper conduct under rule E3.

City moved within a point of leaders Leeds, after Friday’s 3-1 home win over Birmingham City, and head to Elland Road early next month for a promotion shoot-out.

Daniel Farke sought to play down Bielsa’s conduct when pressed on the matter prior to the Blues’ victory.

“With this situation I will speak about quality, style and class. We are a club full of quality and full of class,” said Farke. “Everyone is responsible how he prepares his team for the challenge. We all have different ways and different styles.
“In general, I just can say we as a club don’t send any spies out and if there is a session behind closed doors we respect that.

“That is our way. If a club or a head coach does it in a different way that is for others to judge. If there is a spy around to be honest I am not so sure they would realise what is happening.

“If you are watching from a bridge 200 metres away you can probably tell the difference between Grant Hanley and Emi Buendia.

“I am full of respect for the career of Marcelo Bielsa. The way they are playing is a big credit to him. Maybe 10 years ago it was the case that one day before a game there was a tactical session when you play your starting line-up.

“Nowadays I don’t think there are any secret set-pieces or whatever.

“Maybe you can see if the players are in a good mood or the coach stays indoors at the training ground but there is only so much you can find out.”
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Can we report Norwich to the EFL for the pink dressing room then?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Norwich, Boro, Blackburn, Bristol City and Derby are driving for a points deduction.

Sheff Utd and Weds don't care.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

leedsmad wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 am Daniel Farke
“In general, I just can say we as a club don’t send any spies out and if there is a session behind closed doors we respect that.
Strange that he specifies about respecting a behind closed doors session - surely if they don't send spies out it wouldn't matter if the session was behind closed doors or not.

Also he says 'in general' which is the same as saying usually. Change that sentence to

Usually, I just say we as a club don't send any spies out

suddenly he is actually saying that sometimes they do send spies out.

Again though no rules broken and why are clubs having 'behind closed doors' sessions if no teams are spying apart from Leeds?

Just an absolute witch hunt. Totally different if for example you had someone hiding in ceiling space to infiltrate the other team's information, or bugging a changing room, or hiding in a laundry basket to break a Fifa rule. But standing in a public space where you can observe a team training as they train in an open space where anyone can simply walk past.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Funny how none of these clubs spotted a "spy" or anyone on the training ground.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The witch hunt is purely a financial one

Last thing championship chairmen or the EFL board want is for Leeds to be promoted

No matter who we play their grounds are generally full

The thought of more empty away ends must be galling for them

League One chairmen were the same, over the moon when we were handed a -15 points deduction

All down to clubs lining their pockets at the expense of Leeds
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm The witch hunt is purely a financial one

Last thing championship chairmen or the EFL board want is for Leeds to be promoted

No matter who we play their grounds are generally full

The thought of more empty away ends must galling for them

League One chairmen were the same, over the moon when we were handed a -15 points deduction

All down to clubs lining their pockets at the expense of Leeds
Which is exactly why we should boycott every away game next season if we're deducted points and fail to go up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

So John Cross from the Mirror thinks Mourinho hiding in the laundry bin to defy a UEFA ban and help Chelsea to cheat is funny, yet the hypocrite is demanding sanctions against us for not even breaking any rules.

I see Jenas, Pearce, Collymore, Henry Winter, Matt Law, Keown must have missed this news as nothing has been said or demanded by them. :duno:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yeah rules broken = hilarious and cunning manager getting one over on those foreigners at fifa and foreign opposition.

Rules not broken and club sending someone to watch training sessions at training pitches that are near enough open to the public (we have people walking past our training pitches walkign their dogs etc) = morally outraged and not the sort of thing we condone in this country.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:51 pm Which is exactly why we should boycott every away game next season if we're deducted points and fail to go up.
Leeds fans won't do that SG
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Leeds need to lawyer up and decide how the club need to protect itself. Starting should be asking Bielsa and the staff to say no more about the matter.

I cant see the 11 clubs securing a points deduction, maybe a fine or a touchline ban. But what I fear the most is that our promotion rivals achieve what they really want. And that is for Bielsa to decide he doesn't need the hassle and leaves us.

When Bielsa gets invited to Preston and London to explain himself he should be tutored by our legal team to stop giving rise to our opponents.

Give them nothing to work with.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

This is don't forget a Bielsa created problem, he's walked away before when others have been the problem but I don't think he'd run from a problem of his own making. He appears to be highly honest so asking him to lie is more likely to cause him to leave.

Right now we have done little wrong as a club, and if the FL want to bow to pressure and make an issue of it we should fight it then because we have broken no rule currently in force
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:54 pm I cant see the 11 clubs securing a points deduction, maybe a fine or a touchline ban. But what I fear the most is that our promotion rivals achieve what they really want. And that is for Bielsa to decide he doesn't need the hassle and leaves us.
My fear also, and I suspect that trying to muzzle him could have an equally detrimental effect.

Hopefully he is sufficiently fired up to see through the job that he has started.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when he's walked before isn't that usually because he doesn't feel he can accomplish anything further on the pitch?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:36 pm This is don't forget a Bielsa created problem, he's walked away before when others have been the problem but I don't think he'd run from a problem of his own making. He appears to be highly honest so asking him to lie is more likely to cause him to leave.

Right now we have done little wrong as a club, and if the FL want to bow to pressure and make an issue of it we should fight it then because we have broken no rule currently in force

I agree, I would in know way ask him to lie, his honesty has been refreshing to me, but sometimes silence can be the best tactic.
'