Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by Irish Ian »

billie1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:42 am Apparently Bielsa met with the FA yesterday to discuss “spygate “ .

I hope he didn't bring Lamrani along :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

I read several articles about the governing body investigating MB violated the Clubs' Charter of 2018. I looked on the governing body's site and its not there and I found nothing with searching the internet for it. Does anyone know where to find that Charter?
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

I read several articles about the governing body investigating MB violated the Clubs' Charter of 2018. I looked on the governing body's site and its not there and I found nothing with searching the internet for it. Does anyone know where to find that Charter?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

“It [spygate] started to eke out last Thursday and obviously the subsequent admissions from Bielsa has raised its profile,” Harvey said.

“There are many issues that divide opinion in football and this is one of them. When you look at different reactions, half the people are saying ‘good on you’, others say it’s outrageous. 11 clubs have asked for more info and are within their rights to do that.

“We’ve acknowledged receipt of the letter but Leeds have yet to respond formally to our request for information.

“I think it’s something we need to look at. It will be a case of finding the balance.

“There is no specific rule that says you cannot view another club’s training session. There is acting in good faith and that’s what’s at issue here. The way to address an issue is to have a specific rule and while some might think this is overkill, putting an eight-foot fence around the training ground is not practical.”

Jim White then asked Harvey to rule out a points deduction or fine to put Leeds’ fans minds at rest.

“There was a complaint from Derby, a complaint from 11 clubs and that will have to be considered against the Leeds’ response. I can’t make any more resolution than that today. The one commitment I can make to Leeds fans is that the issue will be dealt with as quickly as possible.”
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Key comment from Penfold is that no rule has been broken, only that Bielsa fell foul of "acting in good faith". As such, the likelihood of us being subject to a points deduction is minimal/non-existent
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Harvey isn't in a position to say what punishment -if any- is applicable because we are in such unchartered territory. What they can/ will do cant be predicted as a result.

What confuses me at the minute is that

1. Bielsa meets the FA.
2. The EFL on behalf of the 11 disgruntled clubs ask Leeds to answer very specific questions regarding Leeds admitted spying this season. So what happens once Leeds reply? What ro,e do the EFL and the FA play?

What does the 11 clubs want?

What worries me is that come time of any inquest the media stir it up even more ( see the Aussie ball tampering scandal from last year for an example of how hype can colour people's judgement ) and MB decides he would rather play his trade elsewhere..
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

You know how we are meant to have broken some moral code.

Behave in good faith etc.

Neil Harris was furious.

"In all my years in football I have never seen anything like it. I think it is completely disrespectful to other teams and the spirit of the game in this country".

Whats that Neil, disrespectful you say, against the spirit of the game?

How about trying to cover up something that IS illegal in the game?
Hypocrite just like Lampard and Pulis :lol:

Not to worry, another bit of evidence for us to use.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Saw this yesterday, Cjay. Harris is a c**t anyway, but this is irrefutable proof that he knew the goal shouldn't have stood but wanted the fact hidden. Yet another example of sportmanship from the family club of the year 2017
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:00 pm Saw this yesterday, Cjay. Harris is a c**t anyway, but this is irrefutable proof that he knew the goal shouldn't have stood but wanted the fact hidden. Yet another example of sportmanship from the family club of the year 2017
Just shows that manager will do anything to win and gain an advantage, dont blame Harris for it, or Pulis for admitting he used to get inside information.

But dont be hypocritical.

Loved how Jose publicly admitted the laundry basket incident :lol:

Was Frank morally outraged? Did he stick his fingers in his ears and say lalalalala.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:41 pm What worries me is that come time of any inquest the media stir it up even more and MB decides he would rather play his trade elsewhere..
I feel less concerned about that since watching this:

https://youtu.be/JOqq_S8xrKY
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:56 pm I feel less concerned about that since watching this:

Salim Lamrani cant get a word in there!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 pm Salim Lamrani cant get a word in there!
:lol:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:56 pm I feel less concerned about that since watching this:

Wow!
'
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pmWow!
Classic Bielsa, it would be nice to see him give the hypocrite brigade (Lampard, Keown, Harris and co) the same treatment :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:04 pm Salim Lamrani cant get a word in there!
He probably didn't try too hard when he was listening to and watching what Bielsa was dishing out :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 pm You know how we are meant to have broken some moral code.

Behave in good faith etc.

Neil Harris was furious.

"In all my years in football I have never seen anything like it. I think it is completely disrespectful to other teams and the spirit of the game in this country".

Whats that Neil, disrespectful you say, against the spirit of the game?

How about trying to cover up something that IS illegal in the game?
Hypocrite just like Lampard and Pulis :lol:

Not to worry, another bit of evidence for us to use.
They should use Harris's mouth to open the tops on their bottles of Orc juice ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Unbelievable, what an idiot Harris is. There for all to see
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Unless he thought it could cause issues in the stands then he'd be right...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:29 pmWow!
It certainly shows that Marcelo's unlikely to be cowed by the press, or be unduly influenced by their opinion of him.