Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 pm My fear also, and I suspect that trying to muzzle him could have an equally detrimental effect.

Hopefully he is sufficiently fired up to see through the job that he has started.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when he's walked before isn't that usually because he doesn't feel he can accomplish anything further on the pitch?

I really hope he sticks around at Leeds.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He may not be allowed to keep quiet if it comes to it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bielsa as long as possible and Corberan to take over when he does move on would be ideal
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm I really hope he sticks around at Leeds.
I desperately want to see what he can do with the money we'd get from promotion.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:05 am How strange to see none of the moral police are outraged about this. And this is actually breaking a ban/law and is cheating to get an advantage.

Lampard must be asked about this.
You won't find Lampard hiding in baskets I'm sure. He wouldn't get in one :-D ...too fat .
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SaraM wrote: I desperately want to see what he can do with the money we'd get from promotion.
That would all depend on AR giving him some. I hope he doesn't think Leeds will get by on the cheap.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I see Jenas, Pearce, Collymore, Henry Winter, Matt Law, Keown must have missed this news as nothing has been said or demanded by them. :duno:
Actually Collymore has been at it again in a column he writes for one of the Sunday rags .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leed ... 704489.amp

I think he actually believes the rubbish he spouts.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

billie1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:09 pm Actually Collymore has been at it again in a column he writes for one of the Sunday rags .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leed ... 704489.amp

I think he actually believes the rubbish he spouts.
Stan was criticising Pep once, Pep was asked about it in Spanish.

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Tbf what Stan said is a common criticsm of Bielsa, unfortunately those who do it tend to know next to nothing about MB.

He turned down the Argentina job in 2016.

He was chased by Inter for years in early 2010s.

Turned down Real Madrid in 2004.

And he was the favourite for the Barcelona job after Pep left and was Lionel Messi choice. Had he been more flexible he could have had that to.

Only pundits with no clue about his background spout the nonsense about big clubs.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Currently my favourite thing on the internet!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Norwich City confirm their involvement in collective 'Spygate' complaint against Leeds United and Marcelo Bielsa

Norwich City, one of the clubs vying with Leeds United for the Championship title, revealed today that they are among the sides who have written to the EFL demanding a full investigation into Marcelo Bielsa and the ‘Spygate’ controversy.

Norwich moved to confirm publicly that they were involved in a collective complaint made to the EFL on the back of an admission by Bielsa that he had sent staff to secretly watch every team in the division train this season.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9547544
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Well of course they were.

If we get anything more than a fine and maybe a touchline ban then I suspect the league will find themselves in court...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

He is a brilliant tactician.....but he is so naive at PR. This press conference should never have been allowed to go ahead. There will be repercussions, of which I know not.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

whiteswan wrote:He is a brilliant tactician.....but he is so naive at PR. This press conference should never have been allowed to go ahead. There will be repercussions, of which I know not.
I'm guessing a fine and possible ban but no points deductions. AR will be waiting with his lawyers if points deductions.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:02 pm Norwich City confirm their involvement in collective 'Spygate' complaint against Leeds United and Marcelo Bielsa

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9547544
I'm not sure why they would publicly announce this a week before we play them. It will just give us extra motivation.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Jose confesses to being in the laundry basket... an incident that Frank says never happened.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:52 pm Jose confesses to being in the laundry basket... and incident that Frank says never happened.
Frank is being found out as a hypocrite more and more by the day, but it's not a surprise to us really is it?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

gessa wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:56 pm Frank is being found out as a hypocrite more and more by the day, but it's not a surprise to us really is it?
Give back your medals Frank... you broke the fair play rules.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rab_rant wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:01 pm Give back your medals Frank... you broke the fair play rules.

That's what he should but won't do, if he feels so strongly about it.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Apparently Bielsa met with the FA yesterday to discuss “spygate “ .