Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bielsa Calls A Press Conference.

Post by Cjay »

Just amazing.

How can they do anything claiming an unfair advantage now?

He would have given Lampard the analysis if hed asked!!!!!!

Just amazing.

Whatever the EFL do that was as incredible a press conference as you will ever see.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm I'm feeling a points deduction or having to replay every game :(
But then I'm a real pessimist....
Yes because after that press conference and the taking apart of Derby's tactics i'm sure that every other team would really want to play us again :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Are we actually going to get to watch it?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Hilarious, Franks'head will be firmly in hands after having his tactics laid bare brilliant. In reality he has just put two fingers up to the EFL. Got to love it.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I love how paranoid everyone else will be with security now. Don't think he'll bother anymore.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:00 pm All the data on Harry Wilson is laid before us. He knew everything about the player who didn’t play.

Brilliant :-D

Bielsa knows more about every Derby player than Fat Frank does
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I spy... you spy.. som'at beginning with P .
Frank you PLONKER.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm It just occurred to me that even though we as Leeds fans have become accustomed to expecting the worst - and rightly so - this trepidation is something I haven't felt in a long time. It's something we're all feeling right now, and it's something Bielsa himself talked about: football's very strong emotions.

Why is this suspense so gut-clenching? Because Bielsa has brought a very, very real hope to this club. We've had false prophets in the past and been let down so many times that only the criminally insane wouldn't have asked 'when's our luck due to run out?'. Slowly but surely, those fears have been put to bed, day by day, week by week, and this team (all but unchanged since last season) has performed miracles thought unthinkable at the start of the season.

This panic we've all just felt is the clearest sign yet, a palpable display of what Bielsa has achieved in just a few short months. If all this hysteria goes on to be unfounded we'll have a laugh but damn, I can't think of a better example of why we need him here.
Can I nick this for a front page article? Credited of course.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Perhaps Marcelo could take over Brexit negotiations :lol:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Well - stepped away for a few hours and come back to this - just glad I didn’t have the wait wondering what he was going to say :)

Not sure what to make of that in terms of the investigation all the headlines seem to be focusing on the “I spied on everyone” aspect rather than the amazing insight into the mind of a master tactician and what dedication it takes to prepare a team to the ultimate degree for every game they play.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm Can I nick this for a front page article? Credited of course.
Please do, mate. :D
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Marcello do you think it is wise to give this press conference?
Yes I have spreadsheets and data on all the the objections
that either the FA or EFL can bring and I will make arguments and
show that the data gathered from so called "spying" is only an
insignificant drop in the bucket compared with all the other data I have.
THey will have no questions to ask because I have given them all the answers.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm Perhaps Marcelo could take over Brexit negotiations :lol:
He'd have put our sorry excuses for press and politicians to shame and given the rest of the world a crash course in how to fleece the EU out of every penny they have.

I'm sure you've noticed by now I can get a bit poetic from time to time but that...no words for that, absolutely none.

I feel so very lucky to have Marcelo Bielsa as our manager.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The great thing is that he has shown that nothing was gained from spying.

1) Learn which players were injured - well doesn't matter as once he received the teamsheet (I think it has to be in at least an hour before kick off) he would be able to give all the new info to the Leeds players in just a couple of minutes regarding who was playing instead of the player expected - i.e. Wilson wasn't playing but it didn't matter as MB knew everything about Wilson and all the other players Derby had, including the player replacing Wilson.

2) Learn what formation the opposition would play - doesn't matter as MB has already prepared for at least 2 or 3 variations.

3) Learn what set pieces they were planning - again he knows what signals they use for set pieces anyway.

By saying that he has also spied on every team also shows the complete lack of security at clubs as I am sure if the spy had broken in anywhere it would have been noted. No doubt some clubs were aware of someone being there that wasn't linked to their club but didn't decide to make a meal of it - hence why Bielsa got his revenge by only using Derby for his examples. The press always seem to leak stories about which players are injured so it would seem anyone can simply walk into most clubs training facilities or watch from afar without any problem.
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'd imagine other teams will be changing their free kick, corner signals when they play us now
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Sky drip feeding the conference. Scottish presenter (don't know his name) keeps talking with glee about the "bombshell" news about Bielsa spying on not one, not two but EVERY opponent in our league. Cut to a reporter who was in the press conference, he was brilliant, saying they had been handed a masterclass by Bielsa, he seemed completely in awe with Bielsa, completely took the wind out of the scot's sails!!!

On another note, I wonder if Bielsa has a complete dossier on all the referees from our games? now THAT would be interesting to see. :bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:11 pm I'd imagine other teams will be changing their free kick, corner signals when they play us now
Footballers are a bit thick though so that would take some doing :lol: :bear:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm Sky drip feeding the conference. Scottish presenter (don't know his name) keeps talking with glee about the "bombshell" news about Bielsa spying on not one, not two but EVERY opponent in our league. Cut to a reporter who was in the press conference, he was brilliant, saying they had been handed a masterclass by Bielsa, he seemed completely in awe with Bielsa, completely took the wind out of the scot's sails!!!

On another note, I wonder if Bielsa has a complete dossier on all the referees from our games? now THAT would be interesting to see. :bear:
Jim white is his name bb. I remember the Woodgate saga, when Woody was off to Newcastle. He couldn't stop his glee and excitement then....so delighted that Leeds United were about to implode with all the Ridsdale saga :x
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

......and wouldn't be at all surprised if Bielsa has a 'dossier' on referees...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Off down the local now for a few deserved beers and wines...oh, and fish and chips. Feel I deserve it after the past 2.5 hours