The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16th Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16th Jan)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

According to Sky Sports journalist, Tim Thornton, Leeds United are keeping an eye on Bristol City winger Callum O’Dowda as Marcelo Bielsa is looking to bolster his attacking options.

This was also confirmed by Phil Hay!

When a fan asked him about the veracity of the news, Hay responded by saying ‘yes’. However, he added that Swansea City winger Daniel James remains the first priority target for the Yorkshire club.

Kiko Casilla has arrived in Leeds and will undertake a medical this afternoon.

The 32 yo shot stopper had 18 months left on his contract at the Bernabeu which Leeds have bought out.

This equates to £50,000 a week.

Should Casilla start against Stoke at the weekend or should he prove himself first?

Stuart Pearce has told Sky Sports that the scoreline v Derby should be reversed due to spygate!

Talking on The Debate show on Sky Sports, Pearce said he would reverse the 2-0 scoreline.

“If it was me, the only team that’s been affected by this is Derby, I’d reverse the scoreline,” Pearce said.

“I like let the punishment fit the crime. That statement fits this perfectly. If you sent someone all the way down to stand outside Derby and then after the game you said, yes I sent him down, well okay, you won 2-0 at derby, it affected Derby, it’s not in the spirit of the game.”

Pearce was then asked if he honestly believed that the game and the result was down to the “man in the bushes”. “No, not at all,” he replied.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 16th Jan)

Post by Ratscoot »

I know nothing about either winger plus until we sign them it’s just speculation

Kiko I’ll bow to Bielsa to decide if he starts this weekend but I suspect he will

I like many really like Stuart but this is nonsense, even though he thinks Spygate didn’t affect the result we should be punished by reversing the result really I don’t think so :evil:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Would be happy with either James or O'Dowda. Both i think would add to our options in the final third.
Casilla looks to be a class signing. I could argue either way about the weekend. Shouldn't take too much time for a keeper to bed in.
Stuart Pearce.... twot. Unsure how the punishment fits the crime if he admits the result was unaffected? Surely the punishment should be for other teams being allowed to come and watch us train? Not that it makes a difference as every team knows what we are going to do. They just cant stop it
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Just a minor point but isnt Casillas 38 in May!!!
bit of a oldie
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Iker Casillas will be 38, however we're getting Kiko Casilla who's 32
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Haha!!! What a twit i am!!

I have to say that life has gone totally t1ts up over the past ten days so my apologies for not paying attention
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No problem, easy mistake to make. Good luck with your private life issues
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kiko Casilla has arrived in Leeds and will undertake a medical this afternoon.
Should Casilla start against Stoke at the weekend or should he prove himself first?

Will let MB decide - certainly less adapting needed than if he were an outfield player and a couple of training sessions should be enough to get him used to his team mates, knowing their names etc. I would throw him in straight away as it wouldn't be fair on BPF to have to play knowing that he was going to be dropped the following week as it would just put unnecessary extra pressure on him.

Stuart Pearce has told Sky Sports that the scoreline v Derby should be reversed due to spygate!

I like Pearce but he went down in my opinion with his stupid comments. You can't tell me that Brian Clough wouldn't seek any advantage he could and wouldn't have been spying on the opposition. Perhaps another reason why Pearce failed as a manager is that he didn't try to get any advantage.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

James first, but O'Dowda would be a decent alternative

Will let MB decide on Kiko

Pearce is a knobhead. Outrageous, reverse the result but no, probably had no effect on the game. What a tool
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson