Silvestri Or Weidwald

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Silvestri or Weidwald

Silvestri
88%
Weidwald
13%

Total votes: 8

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Silvestri Or Weidwald

Post by 1964white »

Silvestri, at least he was a very good shot-stopper#

Dare I say it.....better than BPF with long distance shots
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

radebe88 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:21 am Just a quick one I’d be interested in. One was completely useless and the other outstanding on his day. Not saying which as I might influence this very important poll :lol:
Neither was completely useless. Both had matches where they earnt us the wins by making great saves. Equally both were poor on crosses and both made mistakes. For me I would say they were as good as each other - and as bad as each other. I think FW would have done as well or better than BPF has done this year given our all round improvement under Bielsa - that said it was the right decision to let him go as BPF has more potential.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Mistakes were made with Weidwald, never should have started, Green should never been allowed to go. What keepers might get a way with on the continent won't wash in the Championship so a period of adjustment was needed with a view to starting him this season. He has all the tools but you could see day one he wasn't ready for this league

Silvestri ditto, great shot stopper needed work on crosses which needs to be a bread and butter skill in the Championship.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"