The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15th Jan)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15th Jan)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Izzy Brown helped himself to a brace as Carlos Corberan's youngsters went three points clear of second place Birmingham in the U23 development league.

More importantly the England U21 Forward completed 90 minutes of football for the first time in over a year.

Should Brown be on the bench for the Stoke game or is it too soon?

Kiko Casilla's girlfriend has started to follow Leeds Utd on Instagram!

More fuel to the fire that the Spanish International is on his way to Elland Road or is it true, we all love Leeds?

Leeds United, Boro and Norwich City are keeping close tabs on Columbus Crew forward Gyasi Zarde

The 27-year-old has spent his entire career playing in the United States, coming through the youth system at LA Galaxy before moving to Columbus last season.

He has played 40 times for the USA.

Blades Manager Chris Wilder has become the latest pundit to give his opinion on Spy gate.

Wilder explained that it plays perfectly into our ‘nobody likes us’ attitude.

“Far too much has been made of it. I think Leeds United have been very, very clever. It’s obviously not something that I would do. I think they’ve used it to their advantage. They have this attitude which we understand being in Yorkshire, that nobody likes them and I think that nobody likes them a little more. I think the manager’s been very, very clever in taking full responsibility. I’ve got to say that it’s been going on for 30, 40, 50 years in different scenarios, managers trying to find out the team before the game and I think it’s been blown up a little bit too much really.”

As I’ve said before, it feels wrong and underhand but it was public ground and there are others in the game who have said incidents are common, despite the line of thinking that says it’s not done in ‘our’ game.

No laws have been broken, if you don’t want training to be watched by the naked eye, invest in a fence.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 15th Jan)

Post by lufc1304 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 am Good Morning Everyone

Izzy Brown helped himself to a brace as Carlos Corberan's youngsters went three points clear of second place Birmingham in the U23 development league.

More importantly the England U21 Forward completed 90 minutes of football for the first time in over a year.

Too soon, Matt. I know Coops came straight back into the team after an hour with the U23s, but he hadn't been out for a year. Needs another few games with no issues before he should be considered

Kiko Casilla's girlfriend has started to follow Leeds Utd on Instagram!

More fuel to the fire that the Spanish International is on his way to Elland Road or is it true, we all love Leeds?

Bit of both!! ALAW

Leeds United, Boro and Norwich City are keeping close tabs on Columbus Crew forward Gyasi Zarde

The 27-year-old has spent his entire career playing in the United States, coming through the youth system at LA Galaxy before moving to Columbus last season.

He has played 40 times for the USA.

Look how long it has taken Harrison to shake off the inertia of playing in the MLS; this guy might be a decent player, but by the time he got up to speed with Bielsaball, the season could be over

Blades Manager Chris Wilder has become the latest pundit to give his opinion on Spy gate.

“Far too much has been made of it. I think Leeds United have been very, very clever. It’s obviously not something that I would do. I think they’ve used it to their advantage. They have this attitude which we understand being in Yorkshire, that nobody likes them and I think that nobody likes them a little more. I think the manager’s been very, very clever in taking full responsibility. I’ve got to say that it’s been going on for 30, 40, 50 years in different scenarios, managers trying to find out the team before the game and I think it’s been blown up a little bit too much really.”

As I’ve said before, it feels wrong and underhand but it was public ground and there are others in the game who have said incidents are common, despite the line of thinking that says it’s not done in ‘our’ game.

Not a Wilder fan, but he's got it spot on. Storm in a tea cup, move on

No laws have been broken, if you don’t want training to be watched by the naked eye, invest in a fence.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 am Good Morning Everyone

Good morning Matt

Bielsa may give Brown a place on the bench if he feels he is fit & ready to go, there again he could wrap Izzy up in cotton wool for a couple of weeks.

Apparently Phillips was head & shoulders above everyone on the park, just what I would expect from Kalvin, his attitude is first class !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 am Blades Manager Chris Wilder has become the latest pundit to give his opinion on Spy gate.

Apart from the odd knob in the game, Wilder shares the same opinion as the majority of managers/ex-players/pundits, the whole scenario has been drummed up like a mountain out of a molehill
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Brown would be worth a gamble on the bench, get's on with 15 to go with either the game in pocket (nice no pressure 15 minute run around) or chasing the game. All the while still playing for the U23's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Afternoon EB1 and Everyone,

Great news regarding Izzy Brown but I think he needs at least another 90 minutes of U23's football before he should be considered even for the bench in the first team.
Remember, it was in the second game of his previous comeback that he got injured. We've waited this long for him, another week or two won't hurt and to be honest, the 18 from the Derby game should really be the 18 for Stoke in my opinion.
I understand Faaip's point of view though and it may well be that MB is of the same opinion - put him on the bench just in case...

Not sure what to say about Gyasi Zarde to be honest as I have never heard of him.
His record looks good but there's a significant difference between the MLS and the Championship as Jack Harrison will testify.

Good on Chris Wilder for speaking out and saying spying in various forms has been going on for up to 50 years.
Spoken like a true Yorkshireman, well done sir!

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Afternoon all,

I agree with all that has been said above. Can i just say i had to laugh at Casillas girlfriend having a shufty at Leeds! She will be pictured with a pie and a pint soon
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Dalton wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm Afternoon all,

I agree with all that has been said above. Can i just say i had to laugh at Casillas girlfriend having a shufty at Leeds! She will be pictured with a pie and a pint soon
Whilst wearing a flat cap and patting a whippet....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Chilli D wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:12 pm Whilst wearing a flat cap and patting a whippet....
You forgot the ferret.... :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

......by the way, I wear a flat cap chilli, whilst walking houndie on 'chilli' mornings :)
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm ......by the way, I wear a flat cap chilli, whilst walking houndie on 'chilli' mornings :)
property of the peaky blinders?
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Dalton wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:35 pm property of the peaky blinders?
Mine is minus the razor blades Dalton :)
I also have a sheepskin one...very 70's :lol:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:27 pm ......by the way, I wear a flat cap chilli, whilst walking houndie on 'chilli' mornings :)
:tup: :lol: