Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Cjay »

Really pleased for Kiko.

In the last 2 games the team have protected him really well (8 and 4 shots in the last 2).

He has made some great saves, commanded his area well and clearly has the trust of his team which is vital and something i think BPF lost towards the end.

Fully deserved these last 2 clean sheets for the ones he didnt get through no fault of his own before.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Looks a top keeper he does Cjay has really been a huge signing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

paddy parrott wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:25 pm Looks a top keeper he does Cjay has really been a huge signing.
Agree Paddy.

You can see why he was so highly rated in Spain not that long ago.

Really impressed with his physical play, he isnt fazed by being clattered which is nice.

Got angry when he claimed that ball and the Bristol player slid in (he had every right to) but Kiko was really brave.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Once again let down by colossal ineptitude ahead of him time and time again.

Made a number of crucial saves and interceptions.

Just a shame his teammates couldn't get close to his level today.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Was a colossus today
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I love the way he's not afraid to come right out of his area and do mad stuff.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kiko had a bad game today.

Not understanding the cries for BPF though, selective memories me thinks.

Think the criticisms about him coming off his line must be because some dont understand the reason we bought him, for that exact reason. Sometimes he will make mistakes, but as we saw today when he got there and calmly took it round the striker then passed it off, sometimes he saves us.

But he had a bit of a mare although the goal where Ipswich passed it back to front was embarrassing.

Imo the defence has to much faith in Kiko, you can have to much faith and become complacent.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 05, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

He was very poor today.
His poor decision to try and win the ball and conceding a free kick led to the first and god only know what he was doing for the third.
I would still stick with him for the play offs but it's a real worry for a team low on confidence to have a keeper making mistakes like that.
I must admit, he's not as good as I thought (hoped) he would be.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 pm Kiko had a bad game today.

Imo the defence has to much faith in Kiko, you can have to much faith and become complacent.
I keep saying that the defence haven't defended as well as they did with young Bailey in goal, because they think that our new goalie is unbeatable.....NOT! :x......so yes, in my opinion our defence has become complacent.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 pm Kiko had a bad game today.

Not understanding the cries for BPF though, selective memories me thinks.

I'm certainly in no way crying for BPF to be reinstated Cjay. Not at all. But, facts state that we were in a much better position when the young lad was between the sticks. Why? I have no idea. No idea at all. But for those who were slating him (and I mean really slating him) and were so fired up that we now had an excellent reputable goalie......it hasn't really quite gone to plan in my humble opinion. Now, I hope Kiko has the games of his life over the next few weeks.....let's really see what he can do
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

SaraM wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 am I love the way he's not afraid to come right out of his area and do mad stuff.
Changed my mind.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I wonder if he has trouble with the different languages / accents in the defence.?

Cooper Yorkshire
Berardi Swiss / Italian
Ayling London
Dallas Norn Iron
Jannson Swiss
Ali Macedonian.

Either that or he just needs shooting:

From todays Express:

GK: Kiko Casilla – 2

Started off badly and got worse.

Indecisive under crosses and desperate to come for everything in his sweeper-keeper role, sparking panic throughout his defenders.

Got in a horrible mix-up with Cooper for Derby’s opener and had further calamities with Berardi before arguably going down too soon for Mount's goal.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:57 am I wonder if he has trouble with the different languages / accents in the defence.?

Cooper Yorkshire
Berardi Swiss / Italian
Ayling London
Dallas Norn Iron
Jannson Swiss
Ali Macedonian.

Either that or he just needs shooting:

From todays Express:

GK: Kiko Casilla – 2

Started off badly and got worse.

Indecisive under crosses and desperate to come for everything in his sweeper-keeper role, sparking panic throughout his defenders.

Got in a horrible mix-up with Cooper for Derby’s opener and had further calamities with Berardi before arguably going down too soon for Mount's goal.
Could certainly be a problem communication wise at times with the mixture of languages, a split second when thinking of the right word could make all the difference.
Didn't see any problems with Casilla on crosses last night and no blame to him for Mount's goal as Mount was falling and his only option was the scoop, a normal shot and Casilla is probably doing the right thing, you can't simply stand there when someone is shooting from a few yards away. Terrible journalism however to say 'arguably going down too soon' either you think he did or he didn't - the journalism is blaming him but then saying he may or may not have gone down too early - give your opinion and stick to it.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I love the fact that Casilla can play football and is a generally a good keeper-sweeper. It's not his technical goalkeeping that is a big issue, but his judgement is lacking at times - especially last night against Derby.

I can't see us getting another keeper though, so it will be Casilla or Peacock-Farrell between the sticks for us next season.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:27 am I love the fact that Casilla can play football and is a generally a good keeper-sweeper. It's not his technical goalkeeping that is a big issue, but his judgement is lacking at times - especially last night against Derby.

I can't see us getting another keeper though, so it will be Casilla or Peacock-Farrell between the sticks for us next season.
His positioning/judgement for Derby's first goal was correct. If Cooper isn't there then Casilla gets to the ball before the Derby striker and clears it.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

HarryofOz wrote:I love the fact that Casilla can play football and is a generally a good keeper-sweeper. It's not his technical goalkeeping that is a big issue, but his judgement is lacking at times - especially last night against Derby.

BPF for me. He's learning his trade and will make mistakes like any other gk but Koko must give the defence nightmares with his miss-judged escapades to the edge if the area for crosses he's never gonna get to. There are at least a couple of mistakes in him every game which is no better than BPF and for 50k a week id get rid, put BPF back in now because if he's learning from Koko god help us all.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

weasel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am His positioning/judgement for Derby's first goal was correct. If Cooper isn't there then Casilla gets to the ball before the Derby striker and clears it.
Agreed, it was Cooper who cost us that goal. Casilla was definitely going to get there first. But on numerous other occasions he ended up badly positioned or took the wrong option when he had the ball. Last night was a match when his footballing went wrong.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

BGwhite wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:45 am BPF for me. He's learning his trade and will make mistakes like any other gk but Koko must give the defence nightmares with his miss-judged escapades to the edge if the area for crosses he's never gonna get to. There are at least a couple of mistakes in him every game which is no better than BPF and for 50k a week id get rid, put BPF back in now because if he's learning from Koko god help us all.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Fair enough. They both have their strengths and weaknesses - as you'd expect from a Championship keeper. I'd be happy enough whichever way Bielsa goes.