Spying Accusation - EFL Verdict

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
apollo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Spying Accusation !!!

Post by apollo »

Well if it's not illegal not sure they can do anything! Although this is Leeds so could always set a precedent.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

apollo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:14 pm Keith Andrews on Sky is absolutely disgusted worst thing ever to have happened in football. I think relegation wouldn't be enough for him!!
Keith Andrew's is the worst thing that's ever happened in football in my opinion. The bloke is a total know all that actually knows nothing. Can't stand the bloke on my TV, so I won't bother watching until Kick Off.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm I do wonder what the punishment could be?

Fine, points deduction?
The EFL will do their best to think up something Cjay I'm sure. Although, if it isn't breaking the laws of football, and it's just down to sportsmanship and etiquette......they shouldn't really be able to give out any punishment.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

As if Leeds need to do anything to get punished but giving the FA the ammunition is just plain stupid. Bielsa was creating a new Leeds but now that's been blown to pieces.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Seems a bit preemptive to assume anything right now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Just give it a few days, it will be old news and chip wrappers.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

It's a pity this game is on SKY tonight. It wouldn't have been as blown up in all proportion as it has been. Typical!
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm Just give it a few days, it will be old news and chip wrappers.
Exactly , Lampard will have something to excuse there loss if they do . Preparation disrupted blah blah blah!!!!!
gessa

Post by gessa »

leedsmad wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 pm Exactly , Lampard will have something to excuse there loss if they do . Preparation disrupted blah blah blah!!!!!

He really is an odious sh!t.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

In regards with this topic it will be nothing more than a Warning any suggestion of a 3 point deduction is a toss fest.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Ok. Anyone can look anyone up on the internet these days. Games are readily available to view etc. FFS why would we need to send someone to spy on an opponent in training? Makes no sense. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Listening to Sky at the moment 10.15 pm... jeez talk about trying to hang draw and quarter Bielsa. :bear:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 pm Ok. Anyone can look anyone up on the internet these days. Games are readily available to view etc. FFS why would we need to send someone to spy on an opponent in training? Makes no sense. :bear:
It was a bluff, they were so busy worrying about what the spy saw that they forgot to tackle Jack Clarke.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:19 pm It was a bluff, they were so busy worrying about what the spy saw that they forgot to tackle Jack Clarke.
:lol: :lol: good :tup: :bear:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The moral indignation of the press on this unbelievable. The same press who will do all they can to get a look at teams training. The same press who use long lenses to take photos of team sheets and published them in newspapers.

I’m sure any gains we may get from this are marginal but it has shown me two things;

1) Marcelo Bielsa has a win at all costs mentality
2) Marcelo Bielsa is mentally a lot stronger than Frank Lampard

Great performance, great victory, lets move on.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Borrowed that, Shields, for waccoe (NFL thread so nowhere important)...hope that's ok. I gave credit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If any manager claims that they have lost because of it they are just coming up with a feeble excuse given that Bielsa has continually named his team lineup at least a day before our matches and quite often even given details on how we will play, how we will be countering the opposition etc. It would appear Bielsa is happy to save the opposition the trouble and time spent spying on us by providing them with any information they could hope to gain. As he has continually selected the teams he has stated he would then including naming players that would definitely be missing (therefore giving the opposition an advantage) then any opposition manager has had time to come up with tactics to counter us in every match.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fair play to Frank after the game he was pretty clear that "spygate" was no excuse.

I would question his outrage and about how cultural differences arent valid.

Was he culturally outraged when a Drogba dive gave him a penalty to score from or a freekick?

We he outraged when Jose illegally snuck into the Chelsea dressing room vs Bayern?

Was he outraged when Chelsea appointed AVB a man who its common knowledge disguised himself and snuck around to watch opposition training sessions and took notes for Jose at Porto?

And did AVB stop this practice when he became a manager in England?

Or did he just get someone else to do it on his behalf?

We'll never know, but its highly likely this spying thing is common as diving just so happens we got caught.

It shouldn't happen, but the outrage is a bit hypocritical.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:18 am If any manager claims that they have lost because of it they are just coming up with a feeble excuse given that Bielsa has continually named his team lineup at least a day before our matches and quite often even given details on how we will play, how we will be countering the opposition etc. It would appear Bielsa is happy to save the opposition the trouble and time spent spying on us by providing them with any information they could hope to gain. As he has continually selected the teams he has stated he would then including naming players that would definitely be missing (therefore giving the opposition an advantage) then any opposition manager has had time to come up with tactics to counter us in every match.
Plus we play the same way every game.

EFL / FA are really clutching at straws if it's any more than a slap on the wrist, considering that it's not illegal in any way.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I would imagine most teams spy to some degree, we were just the ones that not only got caught but then actually owned up. I would definitely think that Revie would have done it given that he was famous for giving players dossiers on the opposition. I think it is just a modern thing now that teams have their training facilities hidden by fences it never used to be that way and fans used to be able to go and watch teams training. As it is though I think the only real advantage to be gained would be knowing if an opposition player was injured and not training but given that Bielsa always tells the opposition manager what players we have injured and usually our starting lineup I can't see how any manager could really use it as an excuse for losing to us.