Spying Accusation - EFL Verdict

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Spying Accusation !!!

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:02 pm Let's face it if Derby had have been the ones spying they would have been praising Lampard and saying how he was leaving no stone unturned to try to get an advantage.
If Klopp or Pep had done it, it would be called revolutionary. :roll:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

weasel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:02 pm Let's face it if Derby had have been the ones spying they would have been praising Lampard and saying how he was leaving no stone unturned to try to get an advantage.
Certainly wouldn't have been blown up out of all proportion weasel
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 pm 2 things that really grate about this, Sky, Talk shite and most of the media going overboard about this. Secondly, the hypocrisy of Lampard, he really came over as a spoilt brat, sulking as he has been totally outplayed by us on both occasions this season.
Also seen some comments that were almost xenophobic in content. Wonder would there have been the same indignation if Marcello hadn't been Argentinian? And yeah, agree 100% re Lampard, got schooled by us twice and can't handle it so blows what essentially is a guy standing at the side of the road looking through a fence into something from a feckin' Bond movie!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Club have issued a statement saying "we're sorry and we promise not to do it any more."

Then it goes on to say that's all they are going to say on the matter.

I understand the political necessity for issuing an apology, but I don't think there's anything to apologise for, quite honestly.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Gassa takes a dump on Lampard
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 pm Perhaps you coyld offer the services of one of your flyers liggy. :)

Good to see you back. :tup:
Liggy is only back because his cover has been blown. How much do you want for your pliers Liggy....
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:18 pm Club have issued a statement saying "we're sorry and we promise not to do it any more."

Then it goes on to say that's all they are going to say on the matter.

I understand the political necessity for issuing an apology, but I don't think there's anything to apologise for, quite honestly.

This statement leaves MB out to dry imo, basically questioning his honesty and integrity. This may pee him off.

[A Leeds statement said: "Following comments made by Marcelo Bielsa on Friday, the club will look to work with our head coach and his staff to remind them of the integrity and honesty which are the foundations that Leeds United is built on.

"Our owner Andrea Radrizzani has met with Derby County's owner Mel Morris to formally apologise for Marcelo's actions."
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bielsa and his thoughts on football.
“In a nutshell, even if people think we work for money, football is a search for strong emotions,” Bielsa said, early in his time at Leeds. “At the end of the day what you remember with football is the emotions. You feel a lot better when you remember emotions than when you count money. Sometimes we learn this reality late.” He went on: “The result of our work [in football] impacts on the senses of the people, and especially working-class people. Of course I feel a deep responsibility. I am a little bit worried about this. It is very important for me to be at the level of their expectancy.”

Excerpt from an excellent article on Spygate and the win over Derby.

Link is here Square ball on Spygate
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm This statement leaves MB out to dry imo, basically questioning his honesty and integrity. This may pee him off.

[A Leeds statement said: "Following comments made by Marcelo Bielsa on Friday, the club will look to work with our head coach and his staff to remind them of the integrity and honesty which are the foundations that Leeds United is built on.

"Our owner Andrea Radrizzani has met with Derby County's owner Mel Morris to formally apologise for Marcelo's actions."
Utterly ridiculous :evil: Nothing to apologise for. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MB will be cool about it, and we're just going through the motions with empty apologies
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:31 pm Utterly ridiculous :evil: Nothing to apologise for. :bear:
Agree! But I think Radz will have had a laugh about it with Bielsa and told him that he would put something out to shut everyone up ...nothing meant by it. Radz was having a good laugh at the game yesterday, didn't seem at all bothered about what had happened. A lot ex players on TV saying what stuff and nonsense it all is....well, Gazza summed it up perfectly didn't he? :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:40 pm Agree! But I think Radz will have had a laugh about it with Bielsa and told him that he would put something out to shut everyone up ...nothing meant by it. Radz was having a good laugh at the game yesterday, didn't seem at all bothered about what had happened. A lot ex players on TV saying what stuff and nonsense it all is....well, Gazza summed it up perfectly didn't he? :)
Yes I thought it was a very well written, reasoned, coherent piece :lol: :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:45 pm Yes I thought it was a very well written, reasoned, coherent piece :lol: :lol: :bear:
That's the way to do it...wish I could have read it without all the blacked out bits :rol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm This statement leaves MB out to dry imo, basically questioning his honesty and integrity. This may pee him off.

Last thing we want is Bielsa walking because of his honesty/integrity questioned

A concern indeed mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

No it's not ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm No it's not ....
Nobody knows how Marcelo feels about the situation
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think MB is a man of integrity, if the club question this and put the blame totally at his feet, he'll not be happy. There is no way he was doing this without the clubs knowledge.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

He was quick to accept responsibility and I'm guessing by then he would have already spoken to AR so as long as everyone is in the loop I can't see it being a problem however I do think it was totally unnecessary on MB's part. He plays the same way every game so why is he going to be bothered about the preparations of anyone else. Just get on with our own game and let them worry about us

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think it was clever from MB, and i dont doubt he spoke to Radz before commenting.

The club didnt say a word for ages, thats when imo they were discussing what to say.

I'm not worried, Bielsa took the flack, what can they do to him? Fine? Ban? So what.

Had Bielsa said the club knew then points deductions could be possible.

How can they punish the club for something they apparently had no knowledge of? Surely that's legally impossible without proof?

Also really good article here https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/marcelo-bie ... spy-215202

And i think the best bit is the reaction to a drone being flown over the Hoffenheim training session by Werder Breman.

Julian Naggelsmann, like Lampard a young man at the start of his career.

Unlike Frank he is already one of the most highly regarded tactical minds in the game.

Was he angry, did he moan? No. He commended the analyst for trying to do his job.

I understand why Derby were cross, i hope Bielsa doesnt do it again.

But to listen to some of the reactions you'd think MB walked onto the Derby training ground, threw his coffee in Lampards face, hit Jody Morris with his bucket then took a dump in Mel Morris office desk draw.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I suspect Radz and Bielsa will have spoken.

It was clear from the interview that Bielsa has decided to take full responsibility and this statement only follows through on that. It distances the club from any potential sanctions and lays the responsibility square on Bielsa.