The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Dec))

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Dec))

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Talks between Leeds and Newcastle are progressing regarding Toon shot stopper Karl Darlow.

It now seems likely that Leeds will sign the 28 yo on a permanent contract - not a loan.

Newcastle were willing to sell Darlow during the summer window and he “almost joined Middlesbrough” until the Premier League club “decided they wanted more money” and increased the price tag to £5million!

Should Leeds fork out 5m for a keeper, especially one who is second choice in a struggling Premiership team?

Another report suggests that Leeds are keeper an eye on Saints Ex England No1 Frazer Forster. The 6 ft 7' giant is 30 yo and has plenty of first team, and England experience behind him.

Who would you prefer?

If Leeds splash out 5m on Darlow, surely it will mean that he'll be first choice?

Otherwise, what is the point of having a 5m player on the bench?

If Leeds have 5m to burn, would you rather see Bielsa strengthen another part of our squad, and bring in a keeper like Forster on loan to replace Blackman!

Leeds and Fulham have been linked with Italian prospect Francesco Paolo Clemente. The 16-year-old striker currently plays for Foggia.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 19th Dec))

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Would certainly prefer Forster on loan than blowing £5m on Darlow. Don't know that much about him but we've some good young prospects between the sticks so longer term we should be ok just need cover for now.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Agreed NW. Get Forster on Loan and once he is up to speed in training i would bring him in to hopefully help see us over the finishing line next year
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and Everyone,

I agree with Norfolk White, I would prefer Forster on loan for the rest of the season to hopefully get us to the Premier League and then review the keeper situation in the summer. If we've got 5 million to burn, I would rather see it spent on a CB or a replacement for Saiz.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Forster all day long on loan . Defensively Leeds will be ok very soon so go for midfield playmaker now that Saiz is gone we only have Pablo and there's no way he will be able to play throughout the season even if he stays injury free.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Forster.

Doesnt matter though, we wont be spending £5mil on a keeper imo.

Be surprising if we spent any cash at all.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Agree woth all the above.
If we have £5m to spend, use it elsewhere.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & all

Forster on loan for me too

Anyway I doubt we'll be spending £5m on any outfield players in the January window so that amount on a keeper is highly unlikely
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Seeing that Newcastle were unable to sell Darlow at that price he may cost less.

I'd go for whoever is the better keeper.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agree with Harry, Darlow will be cheaper now, maybe a couple of mil and if he's good then it's worth the investment
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Rumblings of Milner on Twitter :lol: silly season is here :-D
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..