The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Talks are underway to bring Toon shot stopper Karl Darlow to Elland Road in January.

The arrival of the 28yo would certainly keep Peacock Farrell on his toes.

To give this story more credence, Darlow himself is keen for the move to LS11.

Staying with rumours, Victor Orta may have identified Saiz replacement!

Brentford Midfielder Lewis MacLeod is out of contract at Griffin Park in the summer, having made over 40 appearances for the West London club.

The 24yo has been one of Brentford's best players this season.

Leeds will face competition from Steven Gerrard's Rangers.

As you are probably aware by now, Izzy Brown hobbled off during Leeds disappointing U23 display against Barnsley at Thorp Arch yesterday which Leeds lost 2-0.

Leeds were quick to point out that Brown had a tight hamstring, and it had nothing to do with his knee injury that has sidelined the 21yo since January.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 18th Dec)

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

I still dont see what the obsession is with keepers. We have a decent enough keeper in BPF who is still improving but at least knows now how our defence plays and what its strenghs and weaknesses are. 1 goal concended in 5 games.
Obviously a decent Saiz replacement is always welcome
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
gessa

Post by gessa »

Dalton wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:10 am Morning all,

I still dont see what the obsession is with keepers. We have a decent enough keeper in BPF who is still improving but at least knows now how our defence plays and what its strenghs and weaknesses are. 1 goal concended in 5 games.
Obviously a decent Saiz replacement is always welcome
If BPF gets injured though, we are then relying on youth, not saying they're not up to it but it's a gamble in what is a high pressure position, especially in our position now.
A keeper is a must for me, can't see this one from Newcastle, at 28 wanting to come as number 2 to BPF.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Huffer seemed ok and our current state of Keepers like it or loathe it has us at the top of the tree after 22 games.
I might change my mind after the Villa game!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 am Good Morning Everyone

Talks are underway to bring Toon shot stopper Karl Darlow to Elland Road in January.

The arrival of the 28yo would certainly keep Peacock Farrell on his toes.

To give this story more credence, Darlow himself is keen for the move to LS11.

Staying with rumours, Victor Orta may have identified Saiz replacement!

Brentford Midfielder Lewis MacLeod is out of contract at Griffin Park in the summer, having made over 40 appearances for the West London club.

The 24yo has been one of Brentford's best players this season.

Leeds will face competition from Steven Gerrard's Rangers.

As you are probably aware by now, Izzy Brown hobbled off during Leeds disappointing U23 display against Barnsley at Thorp Arch yesterday which Leeds lost 2-0.

Leeds were quick to point out that Brown had a tight hamstring, and it had nothing to do with his knee injury that has sidelined the 21yo since January.
Morning EB1 and Everyone,

Despite us having one of the best defensive records in the country this season, obtaining an experienced keeper is a must in my opinion and AK has already stated that the club will sign someone, probably a loan deal.
I have a colleague who is a Geordie and he rates Darlow despite him warming the bench for Newcastle at the moment.
I just wish we had a bit more ambition and went for someone higher profile, like Tom Heaton or Fraser Forster, both of who have played for England but currently out of favour at their clubs.

The rumour mill rumbles on, today it's the turn of Lewis Macleod who 'apparently' we are interested in.
There may be some mileage in it as he is nearing the end of his contract but Brentford are really struggling at the moment and may decide to keep him until the end of the season to try and avoid relegation.

Let's hope the Izzy Brown injury is nothing serious and just his body getting used to playing regular football again.
You have to really careful with hamstrings so I expect this will probably put his first team debut back a few weeks.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden