The Early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The Early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Evening / Morning Everyone

I smell conspiracy regarding Saiz peeps. What do you think?

We woke up to the news that:-

i) Saiz’s body-fat tests was lagging behind his teammates.

ii) He was bottom of the pile at running sessions in the summer.

iii) Saiz struggled to meet Marcelo Bielsa’s body fat target of 10% or less.

Reports were forthcoming throughout the day criticising almost every aspect of 27 yo's 'struggling' game.

Hours later we were reading an article from sources close to Saiz expressing their surprise that the 27yo did not return to Spain last Summer (almost indicating that Saiz's was on borrowed time at Elland Road)!

Then at 5pm, Leeds journo Phil Hay posted :-
A major development at Leeds and somewhat out the blue - Getafe looking to do a deal for Samuel Saiz. Saiz unhappy in England and wants to go back to Spain. Could be set for a parting of ways.

Anybody else shocked to their very core, or just Phil Hay?

Does anybody believe that these stories have been deliberately drip fed to dilute the 5pm announcement?

Do Leeds Utd need a better spin doctor?

I believe we were drip fed 'spin' on an event that has probably progressed further than what we are aware of to try to nullify discontent.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Early #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 13th Dec)

Post by Cjay »

I think Saiz has been earmarked to go for a while and Bielsa saved him in the summer.

The club pushed Vieira out (a matter of fact) they also were perfectly happy to sell Jansson (confirmed by him he turned down a move to Russia) and allegedly we turned down Valencia for Saiz as Bielsa wanted to keep him.

I think the club were willing to cash in on anyone and the only reason Saiz didnt go is Bielsa saw something in him and the board decided not to push it given they had already sold Vieira against Bielsa's wishes.

Radz is all about PR, and as you say drip feeding negative information to lessen the blow is perfectly logical to save face for the club.

Is Saiz pushing for a move? Maybe, but are the club to? Very possibly imo.

I expected Saiz to go in January, i think Saiz is unsuited to the style, and no ill feeling to Samu as i expect him to do well in La Liga. I'm not convinced this is all Saiz's doing though, a sniff of money and our club has shown they are happy to sell anyone.

I do worry that we wont replace him, Radz doesnt want a loss making club and I'm not convinced he will replace Saiz same as he didnt replace Vieira.

Radz worries me, he has lost millions through this failed UK deal, he has also broken a contract because of it, so there will be some sort of financial fallout for that.

We know he doesnt want a loss making club, will he be willing to spend the Saiz money, i doubt it.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Good spot! PR at its finest!! A shame, but I think he had made his mind up in January last year and decided to stay when he saw Bielsa, but still isn’t happy here, fair enough wants to go home, the spitting incident ended his time here I think, was never really the same player after that really? Glimpses in August and September when the weather is decent, just not tough enough for cold wet conditions?
He has offers he checked out mentally which is why he’s gone, have to replace him and that does not mean Brown, or a top quality left winger,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

More than a passing coincidence that this story coincides with Izzy Brown's return to fitness?
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

From Popey

Ángel Torres, president of Getafe, saying that a player will take a medical at the club next week and could also be present at their game on Saturday. Didn’t name him, but that player is expected to be Samu Sáiz from Leeds.

Torres said some players at Getafe already know who it is, but he couldn’t name the player tonight as “it would anger the English team”. Sáiz would arrive as a loan, with option to buy.

Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this stinks?

Hey Everyone - Saiz has not been firing on all cylinders for the last 5 / 6 weeks!!!

Let's loan him out to the FIRST Spanish club who show the slightest bit of interest in him?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Things haven't been right witb Saiz for the last 6 weeks, a lot of us thought he was going through the motions the month previous, great player but wasn't firing at the time. This doesn't surprise me.
First part of a disappointing month for Leeds fans.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am Things haven't been right witb Saiz for the last 6 weeks, a lot of us thought he was going through the motions the month previous, great player but wasn't firing at the time. This doesn't surprise me.
First part of a disappointing month for Leeds fans.
Morning pal.

Does it mean that we should loan out arguably our best player from last season to the first Spanish club that shows the slightest bit of interest in him?

We're told by Popey that Saiz will undertake a medical with Getafe next week, subject to a 6 month loan!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:09 am From Popey

Ángel Torres, president of Getafe, saying that a player will take a medical at the club next week and could also be present at their game on Saturday. Didn’t name him, but that player is expected to be Samu Sáiz from Leeds.

Torres said some players at Getafe already know who it is, but he couldn’t name the player tonight as “it would anger the English team”. Sáiz would arrive as a loan, with option to buy.

Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks this stinks?

Hey Everyone - Saiz has not been firing on all cylinders for the last 5 / 6 weeks!!!

Let's loan him out to the FIRST Spanish club who show the slightest bit of interest in him?
It stinks pal. Saiz is due to be at Getafe's game at the weekend, and is due to undertake a medical on Monday!!!

We're expected to believe all this unravelled yesterday!
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am Morning pal.

Does it mean that we should loan out arguably our best player from last season to the first Spanish club that shows the slightest bit of interest in him?

We're told by Popey that Saiz will undertake a medical with Getafe next week, subject to a 6 month loan!!!
Morning Matt,

Definitely not, if he wants out then you get the best price possible, Getafe are skint so they won't be paying much to sign him. All I can think of, as Cjay states the cupboard is bare, so we will save his wage to subsidise another loan coming in. I'm a little surprised that we have no money to spend.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The club like most Championship clubs lose money, Radz will subsidise the loses and keep the club running but thats it.

He will not or can not fund anymore then that hence the 49ers and the sell to buy policy.

Its depressing but i think thats the way it is.

If Saiz wants to go for his family thats fine.

But a loan to buy is far to cheap imo, the way Bielsa has spoken about Saiz id be amazed if he is happy if we dont sign a replacement.

We dont have the deepest squad (to say the least). Saiz is "the only player who can do these things" to paraphrase Bielsa.

Izzy Brown hasnt played a 1st team game for a year.

There is every chance he will reinjure himself (its common with his type of injury).

It would be stupid to the extreme to put all our eggs in one basket with Izzy.

But given Radz attitude thats what i expect.

Cynic in me thinks now Brown is fit Saiz will go and that will pay for Brown.

Saiz wanted to go in the summer, club said wait till Jan.

Browns fit, we start paying, now Saiz goes to we can.

The cheapness of our club never ceases to amaze.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB and all

Not many people would argue against the opinion that Saiz was our best player in the first half of last season. But in the second half he was decidedly ordinary and ill disciplined. Hasn't set the league alight this season either.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am Morning Matt,

Definitely not, if he wants out then you get the best price possible, Getafe are skint so they won't be paying much to sign him. All I can think of, as Cjay states the cupboard is bare, so we will save his wage to subsidise another loan coming in. I'm a little surprised that we have no money to spend.
Agree if Saiz wants out let him go.

I can believe it even though it's a lie

I can understand owners running a tight ship but the cupboard being bare smacks of just another bunch of owners taking the p*ss

Full houses at ER
On telly more than any other club in the championship
We generally haven't paid high salaries to players in the last few seasons
We never spend big in the transfer market
One of the best club shops in the country
Business seminars/weddings/parties/Jewish conventions/concerts/boxing/rugby events throughout the year

You could see where Ridsdale went wrong financially but out current owners are just a bunch of tight ar*es trying to pull the wool over our supporters eyes yet again !
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am Morning Matt,

You think it would be difficult to sell Saiz??

I don't!

What was all the PR bullcrap about yesterday drip feeding us stories about Saiz throughout the day when we now know that he has a medical at Getafe on Monday.

Getafe themselves have already insinuated that they were told to keep quiet.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 am You think it would be difficult to sell Saiz??

I don't

I didn't say that, I said if he wants out, then sell him don't loan him.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 am You think it would be difficult to sell Saiz??

I don't!

What was all the PR bullcrap about yesterday drip feeding us stories about Saiz throughout the day when we now know that he has a medical at Getafe on Monday.

Getafe themselves have already insinuated that they were told to keep quiet.
We've still got bids for Jansson & Phillips to come in over the next few months, that will be the test

If our owners accepted any bids for those two I'd be tempted to stop investing a chunk of my salary into my beloved club, ambition is key for any success imo!
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:07 am Agree if Saiz wants out let him go.

I can believe it even though it's a lie

I can understand owners running a tight ship but the cupboard being bare smacks of just another bunch of owners taking the p*ss

Full houses at ER
On telly more than any other club in the championship
We generally haven't paid high salaries to players in the last few seasons
We never spend big in the transfer market
One of the best club shops in the country
Business seminars/weddings/parties/Jewish conventions/concerts/boxing/rugby events throughout the year

You could see where Ridsdale went wrong financially but out current owners are just a bunch of tight ar*es trying to pull the wool over our supporters eyes yet again !
Youll get pelters for expressing that view. I usually do so dont bother anymore. Have learned in recent decades to express the worst at Leeds and never disappointed that way
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:13 am I didn't say that, I said if he wants out, then sell him don't loan him.
Absolutely, and to the highest buyer.

I'm not having a go at you pal, I'm just seething that the club expect us to believe all of this originated by yesterday, when conveniently we were drip fed negative headlines regarding Saiz all day, followed by Phil Hay's 'OMG, this is out of the blue' announcement that suddenly Saiz was not happy.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:18 am Youll get pelters for expressing that view. I usually do so dont bother anymore. Have learned in recent decades to express the worst at Leeds and never disappointed that way
Morning Eire lad, YOU HAVE YOUR SAY MATEY!!!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning All,

The whole money situation at our club just baffles me.
We get crowds regularly is excess of 30,000 and have received money for the likes of Wood, Taylor, Cook, Byram etc in the last couple of years and still on the whole we are reliant on loan signings to fill out the squad.
As far as the situation with Saiz is concerned, he hasn't been great this season apart from a few flashes of what he is capable of, then maybe it's best for all concerned that he leaves. Izzy Brown should be back to full fitness by January and is more likely to chip in with a few goals than Saiz.
Regardless of whether he has been struggling with his fitness levels or not, the club should have kept the information 'in house'
No-one benefits from a story like that.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am We've still got bids for Jansson & Phillips to come in over the next few months, that will be the test

If our owners accepted any bids I'd be tempted to stop investing a chunk of my salary into my beloved club, ambition is key for any success imo!
I'm currently investigating the Jansson bid by Krasnodar in the Summer.

That all started by media reports saying:-

Jansson wasn't happy at Leeds

Jansson wants to be playing at a higher level

Jansson is not the player he was.

This was shortly followed up by Jansson telling all and sundry that he flatly refused a transfer to Krasnador!

Suddenly after this, all the media reports went down.

What I am trying to understand is that some of the reports quote a transfer price of 5.1m, others quote 10m.

Jansson has an extra large gob (thankfully).

Otherwise, he may not have been with us now!