The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

According to the YEP, Samuel Saiz’s body-fat tests are lagging behind his teammates.

The newspaper claim Bielsa’s recent criticism of the Spanish playmaker was “a crack of the whip aimed at the Spaniard.

Saiz was bottom of the pile at Leeds in their earliest running sessions in the summer and in body fat tests where the benchmark set by Bielsa is for players to stay under 10 per cent, the same as the leading Premier League clubs.

According to the Telegraph, the UK arm of Eleven Sport’s is likely to close down shortly. Radrizzani’s sports streaming service has failed to take off.

With respect, I could have told Radz that people in the UK are not bothered about La Liga and Serie A.

Fortunately, the company is still big enough overseas for Radrizzani to make decent money.

Let's put this in context. Gordon Ramsey makes a huge amount of money from his restaurants, but if some of them are not making money, he closes them down - that's business!!!

I'm very sure that Radz has other business interests.
rab_rant

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th Dec)

Post by rab_rant »

Samu needs to go ketogenic.
The type of diet we are on contributes to how much body fat we have.
If he alters his eating habits to get into ketosis then the fat should disappear.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 am Samu needs to go ketogenic.
If he alters his eating habits to get into ketosis then the fat should disappear.
Morning Rab, just because Saiz is not as lean as he could be, he is still one of our most inventive players, and with Klich not having the best of games in the last few weeks I'd play him.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:22 am Samu needs to go ketogenic.
Surely not a good diet for an athlete? They need carbs to fuel the amount of training they do?
He’s just a bit lazy I would imagine, so much talent, allows players to think they can slack off on the graft in training a fraction
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I doubt he's getting away with being lazy in training, he'd be nowhere near the match day squad and he's always one of the most hard working energetic players we have.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

There is no suggestion that Saiz is still lagging behind his team-mates - just that he was at the start of pre-season. I doubt Bielsa would have picked him at the start of the season if he had not gotten to the required targets. Some players, due to their physique, will always find it harder to keep in shape during the off season.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

You can stop fretting about Saiz, hes first one out in January according to Phil Hay. Start of another firesale? Hope not
hector

Post by hector »

dezzy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:13 am Surely not a good diet for an athlete? They need carbs to fuel the amount of training they do?
He’s just a bit lazy I would imagine, so much talent, allows players to think they can slack off on the graft in training a fraction
there are an awful lot of endurance athletes who are in keto, mainly ultra marathon runners, your fat powers you much more efficiently than carbs... I was keto for 6 months last year, I had not had so much energy for quite a few years..
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

hector wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:51 pm there are an awful lot of endurance athletes who are in keto, mainly ultra marathon runners, your fat powers you much more efficiently than carbs... I was keto for 6 months last year, I had not had so much energy for quite a few years..
Apologies ,your correct, endurance athletes like Mo Farrah type athletes would use it all the time, and not just to burn fat but it helps them preform better! Nearly even seems the norm diet for all distance runners, how sports science moves on from the big bowl of pasta for runners!!
Doesn’t seem the best for guys who rely on speed and power, but certainly seems something you could use on a player short term to cut weight quickly and he wouldn’t lose much pace or power over a month, doubt it matters now he’s fecking off!!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:51 pm there are an awful lot of endurance athletes who are in keto, mainly ultra marathon runners, your fat powers you much more efficiently than carbs... I was keto for 6 months last year, I had not had so much energy for quite a few years..
What the guy from the Pink Panther movies? ...how did that go?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"