The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

The latest idiotic report to come from the rumour mill that that Leeds are going to see Kemar Roofe to Palermo in the January transfer window.

The article offers even less credence saying that a fee between £4.5m-5.4m should be enough to tempt Victor Orta and Andrea Radrizzani to cash in Leeds leading goal scorer.

Meanwhile talks between Roofe and Leeds Utd regarding extending his contract are expected shortly. According to Phil Hay, our leading talisman will need a 'chunky pay rise'.

Leeds U23's crushed Burnley's U23's yesterday at Turf Moor.

Leeds trailed twice in the game before taking control of the game scoring 6 goals, but conceding 3.

Bamford scored a well deserved hatrick, whilst Baker and Brown also got on the score sheet.

Surely this should mean Bamford will get game time on Saturday?

Given the choice, who would swap Roofe for Chris Wood?

Leeds target Baghdad Bounedjah may be available on the cheap!

Algerian outlet Le Buteur reported that Marcelo Bielsa was keen on the forward in the summer but the club were put off by Al Sadd’s £13.4million valuation.

The Algerian frontman has scored 55 times this year, including 26 league goals in his last 13 matches.

However, France Football are now claiming that this price tag has been cut to either €5million up front or via a loan that includes a clause to make the deal permanent.

Smells a bit fishy to me!!!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 12th Dec)

Post by HarryofOz »

Hi EB

Unless something is happening at Bounedjah's club it's hard to believe that his price will more than half after scoring so many goals, even if the league that he plays in is not of a high standard.

Hmmmmm tough, but I would be tempted to swap Roofe for Wood. Roofe has done well at Leeds, especially this season, but I prefer Wood.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not tough for me at all as most would suspect. Not a big fan of the can't jump, slow moving former striker who would be a dinosaur in this system. much prefer the clever movement, pace and intelligence of our current striker.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Roofe is worth more than £5m on this season performances & his record of 10 goals in 15 games.

That's my fear in January that big bids will come in for the likes of Jansson, Roofe or Phillips, should test our owners who are here to make good money as is the case with the majority of clubs

We certainly will lose one of them possibly all three if we are not promoted in May 2019
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and Everyone,

Absolute nonsense regarding Roofe being allowed to leave especially to a club like Palermo. Hardly an upward move is it.
As long as Kemar gets an improved deal which suits everyone, which he will, then the stories of a move will fade away.

I watched the U23 goals this morning. The first and third goals by Bamford and Clarke's solo effort were superb.
I have to admit, I think finishing is one thing Bamford definitely has over Roofe. His record, especially at Championship level speaks for itself.
Whether they can play together remains to be seen, although MB tends to only play one up top so it's likely to be one or the other.
I wouldn't swap Roofe for Wood but the two of them together could work, I think, with Roofe feeding off Wood's knock downs and flick ons.
That type of football isn't suited to Bielsa ball though which is probably why Edmondson doesn't seem to fit into his plans at the moment.

Never heard of Baghdad Bounedjah which says a lot in itself. I doubt MB has either, nor is he likely to.
With the transfer window fast approaching, expect similar stories to surface over the next few weeks.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I enjoyed the reserve highlights but boy did our players find themselves with a lot of time and space and zero pressure. Clarke and Bamford in particular looked like pro's playing park football on a Sunday afternoon. Way too easy for them
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Morning all. Selling Viera in the summer against Bielsas advice proves any of our players have their price in Rads eyes
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Afternoon :)
That seems like click bait, wouldn't be surprised to see Roofe leave but not for that fee, then again they sold a younger and brighter prospect for £5mil so who knows.

Dont see any need to extend contracts of anyone except Jack Clarke. The rest have time on theres and a decent wage, if they want more then get promoted.

Thought Brown, Bamford and Clarke were brilliant. Clarke in particular for his age is ridiculously good at that level.

Baghdad Bounedjah at that price may be worth the risk (seems unlikely price). Dont know the standard but some big names have played in that league, yes maybe past there prime but they would have scored for fun at this level. Sonny Anderson and legendary Argie Gabriel Batistuta, both played and won the top scorer award in that league, Baghdad Bounedjah is comfortably out scoring both of them.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:00 pm I enjoyed the reserve highlights but boy did our players find themselves with a lot of time and space and zero pressure. Clarke and Bamford in particular looked like pro's playing park football on a Sunday afternoon. Way too easy for them
Indeed mate they certainly wouldn't get that much time & space in the championship.

Good for their confidence though
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:26 am
Never heard of Baghdad Bounedjah which says a lot in itself. I doubt MB has either, nor is he likely to.
With the transfer window fast approaching, expect similar stories to surface over the next few weeks.
Chilli
I have little expectation for our transfer windows so I won't be taking any notice until something actually happens, that way it saves me any from disappointment even though I think we'll need a couple of top signings to get us over the line.

I will be interested to see how our challengers go about their business though.

Fulham's signing Mitrovic was a masterstroke last season
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:39 am Not tough for me at all as most would suspect. Not a big fan of the can't jump, slow moving former striker who would be a dinosaur in this system. much prefer the clever movement, pace and intelligence of our current striker.
What he said.

Roofe fits this system much better, and he works twice as hard as Wood ever did.**

** Not a dig at Wood, really, as Roofe works twice as hard as just about anyone.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:18 pm Fulham's signing Mitrovic was a masterstroke last season
But spending £120M in the summer, doesn't appear to have done them any good.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Am sure it would take at least 10 to 15 million to test the waters for Roofe.

Hoping bamford will provided Roofe with the competition that will spur both of them on to better things. Although not his best position, Roofe could also play out wide if bamford hits form in the central role. Though Roofe obviously deserves to stay there atm
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm But spending £120M in the summer, doesn't appear to have done them any good.
Agree they went a bit over the top in the summer but we are talking a championship window here where shrewd signings can make the difference
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 pm Morning all. Selling Viera in the summer against Bielsas advice proves any of our players have their price in Rads eyes
The difference is the club prioritised signing a striker and a such needed the funds for that. Can't see any glaring weakness in the squad where we would need to raise significant money to strengthen (in this window) where it would benefit the team to sacrifice Roofe to raise the money required. If as seems likely we are only after another keeper then I think it is more likely that we'd be going down the loan option.