The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 11th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 11th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

According to the Daily Mirror (so it must be true) Leeds are going to sign Keiren Westwood on a free transfer.

Westwood has found himself frozen out since the arrival of Jos Luhukay as manager at Hillsborough, but made his first appearance of the season at any level on Monday, playing 45 minutes for the Owls' Under-23s in a 2-2 draw at Crewe Alexandra.

The 34 year old offers a lot of experience between the sticks. but would the recent lack of first team appearances hinder him?

Broadcaster and Journalist Ian 'the Moose' Abrahams has contravotially stated it would be bad for English football if Norwich and Leeds get promoted to the Premier League!

“Lining up behind Daniel Farke’s Norwich and obviously [Marcelo] Bielsa at Leeds are Chris Wilder, English coach at Sheffield United; Darren Moore, English coach at West Brom; Frank Lampard, English coach at Derby; Dean Smith, English coach at Aston Villa, and also Tony Pulis, English coach at Middlesbrough.

“The only way we’re going to get English coaches into the Premier League, I believe, is for them to get their team’s promoted. So therefore I think it’s bad for English football that Norwich and Leeds are the top two in the Championship.”

I wonder if Moose thinks the Premiership is benefitted by the likes of Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino? Well - Bielsa is in the same bracket!

Furthermore :-

1) Bielsa has played 7 English players aged 22 or under this season

2) Leeds have the 7th highest total home attendance in English football

3) 11 of Leeds 21 league matches this season have been broadcast live on Sky

4) Tony Pulis is Welsh
gessa

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 11th Dec)

Post by gessa »

It's no good having an experienced keeper, who as little recent experience, would he suit the style anyway, Westwood was a good keeper but who knows if he still is, if he's not playing.

Abraham's is a prize ****, says things just to get the phone ringing, it's his job but he's still an idiot, stopped listening to talk sport many years ago and he was one of the main reasons.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Morning all,

I am not totally convinced we need a new keeper unless he is nailed on better. Westwood doesnt fit that description. Huffer didnt do badly when playing and BPF like him or loathe him doesnt let a lot in and is still improving.

"The moose" isnt he in Hectors Tuesday lights?
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

It's best to ignore idiotic comments like those Abrahams made, which are made purely to generate controversy and have people pay attention to him.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Morning all.

I don't want players on their last pay day, which is exactly what Westwood would be.

Why would anyone want Pulis in the PL? Even Boro fans don't want him. Isn't that Moose guy a Hammer anyway? So by his logic they should be relegated for having a foreign manager.

Conveniently let's forget all the youth development we do as well.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Wouldn't mind Westwood here, lots of experience and, if nothing else, would push BPF. The young lad has done well, considering he's learning on the job, but there's nothing wrong with a seasoned pro breathing down his neck. Particularly come the run-in when the pressure will really mount.

Abrahams is a w**ker, full stop. His comments smack of xenophobia too, England for the English and all that. I get the argument about home-grown talent being stunted by the leagues being full of foreign players and coaches but they have, in the main, enhanced the standard of football here. And as someone quite rightly points out, he supports West Ham, so he's a hypocrite as well as a prick
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Of course we need another keeper.
Couldn't agree more Lufc 1304.Westwood is a top keeper , experienced and been a regular along time. BOD and others could only benefit from the man.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:18 am It's no good having an experienced keeper, who as little recent experience, would he suit the style anyway, Westwood was a good keeper but who knows if he still is, if he's not playing.

Abraham's is a prize ****, says things just to get the phone ringing, it's his job but he's still an idiot,
stopped listening to talk sport many years ago and he was one of the main reasons
As I did mate, a right bunch of knobs !
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 am As I did mate, a right bunch of knobs !
I think Durham is worse than Abrahams, hard to believe that's possible. Durham a self confessed Leeds hater.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Talk Sport broadcast to the LCD so it is what it is....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Phil Hay has stated that Westwood is not on our radar.

The Moose is an idiot - even his colleagues laugh at him.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good keeper Westwood, not sure he fits the "good with his feet" rhetoric though, dont think BPF does either tbf but anyway.

Never heard of that guy, a grown man.who refers to himself as "Moose", ok then.

Besides he said there were only 4 English managers in the Prem.

Does that mean Chris Hughton isnt English because he played for the Republic of Ireland? In that case Jamaican International Darren Moore isnt English either.

Idiot, clearly a moron who doesnt even bother to do any research.

Phil Hay went to town on him to :)

And Jeff Stelling did to for his rant about Newcastle.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Nice to see Robbie Savage on our side and saying he'd like nothing more than to see Leeds back where they belong in the Premier league. Branding Abraham's comments as"idiotic"
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

who is the f**k is moose ??
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:55 pm who is the f**k is moose ??
Irritating Talksport presenter 63