The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th Dec)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th Dec)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Finally, after 58 games or 5,273 minutes of football, Leeds were finally awarded a penalty which Roofe calmly dispatched in the bottom left hand corner sending the keeper the wrong way.

Both Hernandez and Roofe expected to take the spot kick, but Leeds' leading scorer was in no mood to let go of the ball.

This led to
one of the tweets of the year from Elland Road Journo Phil Hay!

Phil Hay‏@PhilHayYEP
On the penalty, Bielsa says he was pleased that Hernandez and Roofe both wanted to take it given that the club hadn't had one since 200 BC and there was natural pressure to score it.

Who should take our penalties, assuming we get another one?

Toni Leistner, the defender who game the penalty away took to twitter on Sunday to give his opinion on the game 24 hours previously.

"Hard to play against a tough team and the *** referee"

For obvious reasons, Jansson had to respond to the tweet, and replied:-

“You might be in prison if you use those words as a Leeds player… All the best big man, stay strong.”

Thoughts?

According to Bet365, Leeds are the firm favourites for promotion this season.

The Whites are currently 4/6, whilst current pacemakers are evens.

The Baggies are 13/8 followed closely by the Blades at 7/4. Then come Derby at 9/4 and Boro at 12/5.

Leeds Under-18s inflicted a second defeat of the campaign to the Owls at Thorp Arch at the weekend.

The Whites ran out 2-0 winners and remain the only side to take three points from Wednesday this season, completing the double

Goals either side of the break from Charlie Cresswell and Niklas Haugland sealed victory for Leeds.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 10th Dec)

Post by HarryofOz »

Toni Leistner, the defender who game the penalty away took to twitter on Sunday to give his opinion on the game 24 hours previously.

“You might be in prison if you use those words as a Leeds player… All the best big man, stay strong.”

Thoughts?
Morning EB

Jansson knows how to maintain his popularity, prey on the fans' persecution mania.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Morning Matt and all,

Saw Phil Hay's tweet on Saturday, made me laugh. A spoof EFL twitter account has also been posting that the referee has now been sacked for breaking the League dictat that Leeds must never be awarded penalties!! :)

Could have been embarrassing had Roofe missed, we do need to sort out a designated taker and only change if he's not on the pitch.

PJ needs to be careful; if the EFL see him joking about our 'persecution', they'll ban him again!!!!

Personally think it's crazy that the bookies have us as odds on favourites, those with more depth should be ahead of us, imo. If we come out of Christmas/New Year in the same position, and we suffer no more fresh injuries and/or strengthen a little in the window, then maybe we should be short odds. As it is, we have be doing well, but we're not even half way through the season. Premature to have us that short at this stage.

Good to hear that our development squads are doing well :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Morning all.

The issue is Pablo missed the last one, so I get why Roofe wanted to take it. Saiz, Alioski and Klich are also good penalty takers.

Let's see if Leitner is banned then like Jansson was. Of course not, just like Michael Dawson wasn't. :roll:

I pay no attention to bookies. They know Leeds will always draw more interest than everyone else.

Haugland seems to score every week for the u18s. Looks like we've found ourselves another gem.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:57 am Who should take our penalties, assuming we get another one?

Morning EB. Big assumption, that. Roofe has the next penalty, assuming he is on the pitch.

Thoughts?
I got a twitter update from Phil Hay saying 'FA Charge incoming ....', which had me dashing to check it out, fearing the worst. Luckily, it was about Leistner. Let's see if it deserves a ban like Pontus.

According to Bet365, Leeds are the firm favourites for promotion this season.

The Whites are currently 4/6, whilst current pacemakers are evens.

The Baggies are 13/8 followed closely by the Blades at 7/4. Then come Derby at 9/4 and Boro at 12/5.
Norwich must be pissed off not to be favourites

Leeds Under-18s inflicted a second defeat of the campaign to the Owls at Thorp Arch at the weekend.

The Whites ran out 2-0 winners and remain the only side to take three points from Wednesday this season, completing the double

Goals either side of the break from Charlie Cresswell and Niklas Haugland sealed victory for Leeds.
Charlie Cresswell scores a load of goals for the U18's. Which considering he is a centre half is pretty good going. His latest was a towering header, which his dad would have been proud of.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Afternoon All,

Based on the comprehensive way Roofe stuck away the penalty he should definitely take the next one.
Loved the way he made sure their keeper knew he had been sent the wrong way as well. Confidence with a sprinkle of arrogance - nothing wrong with that.
So who will the next one be against? If we have to wait as long as this one it could be against a Premiership keeper!

Definite ban coming for Leistner. In this day and age you're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's a PC one.

On the EFL goals on Sky on Saturday is showed a stat that the side that is top after 21 games has got promoted for the last 10 or so seasons (Can't remember the exact number). Well we're only one point off top spot so that would say we're in with a great chance.
We've played almost everyone once now and I think we have nothing to fear. The second half of the season is going to be exciting and a real rollercoaster of emotions.

Nice to hear the U18's are doing well as well.
Some of them will be hoping to push for an U23's game before the end of the season I expect.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Two guys hungry for more goals, I like it, as fir favorites, I wouldn’t read much into it, they change so much, we were as long as 16/1 to win the title during the summer, backed it as a double with Liverpool, 50/1!
I think Pontus swearing on TV left the EFL with no choice but to ban him, but a tweet blanking out a word, having a go at ref is worthy of a ban, even if it’s a slightly lesser offense, Pontus had the defence of adrenaline and the heat of the moment, a tweet has no such defense, wouldn’t hold my breath,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would imagine the QPR guy will just get a fine. They deemed PJ's comment to be questioning the integrity of the ref (i.e. more or less saying he was cheating) which they class as different to a player just saying the ref is sh*t.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 am Morning EB

Jansson knows how to maintain his popularity, prey on the fans' persecution mania.
Evening pal, Jansson certainly likes to be liked by the ER faithful.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

lufc1304 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 am Morning Matt and all,

Saw Phil Hay's tweet on Saturday, made me laugh. A spoof EFL twitter account has also been posting that the referee has now been sacked for breaking the League dictat that Leeds must never be awarded penalties!! :)

Could have been embarrassing had Roofe missed, we do need to sort out a designated taker and only change if he's not on the pitch.

PJ needs to be careful; if the EFL see him joking about our 'persecution', they'll ban him again!!!!

Personally think it's crazy that the bookies have us as odds on favourites, those with more depth should be ahead of us, imo. If we come out of Christmas/New Year in the same position, and we suffer no more fresh injuries and/or strengthen a little in the window, then maybe we should be short odds. As it is, we have be doing well, but we're not even half way through the season. Premature to have us that short at this stage.

Good to hear that our development squads are doing well :tup:
Evening 1304, has to be tweet of the year.

Its fantastic. Our biggest problem at the moment is who should be our designated penalty taker.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am Morning all.

The issue is Pablo missed the last one, so I get why Roofe wanted to take it. Saiz, Alioski and Klich are also good penalty takers.

Let's see if Leitner is banned then like Jansson was. Of course not, just like Michael Dawson wasn't. :roll:

I pay no attention to bookies. They know Leeds will always draw more interest than everyone else.

Haugland seems to score every week for the u18s. Looks like we've found ourselves another gem.
Evening SG90, Bielsa is a real calming influence. In years gone by there would have been deep resent within the club towards Leitner or Dawson escaping punishment where Leeds would have been nailed to the wall.

Bielsa is a real gentleman
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 am
Evening Gandalf, Charlie Cresswell has a big future.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm Afternoon All,

Based on the comprehensive way Roofe stuck away the penalty he should definitely take the next one.
Loved the way he made sure their keeper knew he had been sent the wrong way as well. Confidence with a sprinkle of arrogance - nothing wrong with that.
So who will the next one be against? If we have to wait as long as this one it could be against a Premiership keeper!

Definite ban coming for Leistner. In this day and age you're not allowed to have an opinion unless it's a PC one.

On the EFL goals on Sky on Saturday is showed a stat that the side that is top after 21 games has got promoted for the last 10 or so seasons (Can't remember the exact number). Well we're only one point off top spot so that would say we're in with a great chance.
We've played almost everyone once now and I think we have nothing to fear. The second half of the season is going to be exciting and a real rollercoaster of emotions.

Nice to hear the U18's are doing well as well.
Some of them will be hoping to push for an U23's game before the end of the season I expect.

Chilli
Evening Chilli, Roofe knew exactly where he was going to put the ball. Even if the keeper dived the right way, he would not have got close.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

dezzy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm Two guys hungry for more goals, I like it, as fir favorites, I wouldn’t read much into it, they change so much, we were as long as 16/1 to win the title during the summer, backed it as a double with Liverpool, 50/1!
I think Pontus swearing on TV left the EFL with no choice but to ban him, but a tweet blanking out a word, having a go at ref is worthy of a ban, even if it’s a slightly lesser offense, Pontus had the defence of adrenaline and the heat of the moment, a tweet has no such defense, wouldn’t hold my breath,
Evening Dezzy, wow, 16/1 during the Summer....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:34 pm Would imagine the QPR guy will just get a fine. They deemed PJ's comment to be questioning the integrity of the ref (i.e. more or less saying he was cheating) which they class as different to a player just saying the ref is sh*t.
Evening Weasel, Janssons comment was live on Sky, and he swore. Certainly didn't help his cause.