Quest love Leeds nowadays

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Quest love Leeds nowadays

Post by Ratscoot »

Just watched the highlights of EFL on Quest

First two games and rightly so where Norwich v Bolton and then Leeds v QPR so far so good they then moved on to discuss the games over 5 minutes discussing the Norwich game then

“ Leeds got a penalty, it must be a public holiday in Yorkshire haha, did you think it was a pen, yes Roofes movement was excellent and you can see the definite movement of the arm towards the ball, well let’s move on to the Reading game”

Or is it just me :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Quest hate Leeds

Post by whiteswan »

Quest's coverage of the football league is abysmal. Worse that channel 5's and I didn't think that was possible!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nah ch 5 was downright nasty...Don't mind Quest and they usually have good things to say
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 am Just watched the highlights of EFL on Quest

First two games and rightly so where Norwich v Bolton and then Leeds v QPR so far so good they then moved on to discuss the games over 5 minutes discussing the Norwich game then

“ Leeds got a penalty, it must be a public holiday in Yorkshire haha, did you think it was a pen, yes Roofes movement was excellent and you can see the definite movement of the arm towards the ball, well let’s move on to the Reading game”

Or is it just me :duno:
Unfair that we receive limited comments on our games although I do think the guest analysts are better than Ch5 up until last night's show.

I'm not a sexist however I can't bear female commentators/analysts in football or cricket, the sound of their screechy voices drives me up the wall :chair:

Mickey Gray & Ian Holloway make favourable comments about Leeds, Holloway rated Bielsa highly long before he came to Leeds, he can't believe we attracted a coach with such a pedigree !

Also those two dippy presenters on the CH5 show were simply awful !
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:26 am Nah ch 5 was downright nasty...Don't mind Quest and they usually have good things to say
Agree Faaip normally they just really pissed me off this morning
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Colin Murray said he'd like us to go up last week tbf, though he said the same about the Blunts too.

Holloway loves Bielsa, Warnock is still bitter that we replaced him with Charlie Taylor and Dean Ashton sometimes praises us, particularly about our youth development, and other times gives us no credit.

Makes a change from Keith Andrews slagging us off constantly.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 am Unfair that we receive limited comments on our games although I do think the guest analysts are better than Ch5 up until last night's show.

I'm not a sexist however I can't bear female commentators/analysts in football or cricket, the sound of their screechy voices drives me up the wall :chair:

Mickey Gray & Ian Holloway make favourable comments about Leeds, Holloway rated Bielsa highly long before he came to Leeds, he can't believe we attracted a coach with such a pedigree !

Also those two dippy presenters on the CH5 show were simply awful !
agree about women commentators/ analyst in mens football /cricket. there's enough women sport coverage around these days for them to analyse without commentating on ours. anyways they should be in the kitchen :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:20 pm agree about women commentators/ analyst in mens football /cricket. there's enough women sport coverage around these days for them to analyse without commentating on ours. anyways they should be in the kitchen :)
You'd struggle to beat commentators from the past such as Davies, Motson, Coleman & Wolstenholme, you have no chance with the current trend of females screeching away on our screens.

I immediately turn the sound down as soon as one picks up the microphone :mic:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:18 pm
Holloway loves Bielsa, Warnock is still bitter that we replaced him with Charlie Taylor and Dean Ashton sometimes praises us, particularly about our youth development, and other times gives us no credit.
Always liked Holloway, always seems honest.

Won't hear a bad word said against Dean Ashton. He used to give his dad his footy boots and he used to give them to my former lodger who he worked with. Shame his career was cut short by injury just as he hit his prime.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Love Ian Holloway, hilarious man but also comes across really intelligent in football matters.

Quest are ok imo, if Ollie is on :)

Tbf Alex Scott on Sky Sports is good, really insightful and knows her stuff.

Much rather listen to her then some of the dinosaurs they wheel out.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:52 pm Love Ian Holloway, hilarious man but also comes across really intelligent in football matters.

Well said plenty of great female analysits out there, don’t see an issue once they know their stuff, which they do, former Irish Lady rugby captain on TV quite a lot, speaks sense and knows the game, the BBC have some great females on their sports coverage too, Tracey Pickett too, a wealth of knowledge,
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anyone watch the EFL show on Quest last night

Good interview with Patrick Bamford after the game

"I thought the whole team were good today but Pontus, Kalvin & Forshaw at the back were excellent & you can always rely on Pablo, he's magic"

"We have a got a big unit of injured players at Leeds, that's why I ran to the medical team after I scored"

When asked about Bielsa his eyes lit up & replied

"In terms of the work ethic under Bielsa it is totally different to what I've experienced at my previous clubs"

"All the players were surprised by his demands at the beginning of the season, we all enjoy it"

"Tbh I thought I was fit when I arrived at Leeds but it took me five weeks to get to the fitness Bielsa expects of his players"

"I didn't expect a hug from Bielsa after I scored that goal in training, I got another hug today too"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

With Bielsa they get low-key hugs as opposed to Klopp's public love-fests.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Both seem to work - players just want to feel loved - by managers and fans.....
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Cjay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 am
Love Ian Holloway, hilarious man but also comes across really intelligent in football matters.

One cannot Ignore Leon's sexist rants altogether, but in fairness he also doesn't like men with beards or people who wear training shoes (by his own admission). Lord knows what else is targetted by some of those self-righteous tw*ts on coach trips to games.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 pm Anyone watch the EFL show on Quest last night

Good interview with Patrick Bamford after the game

"I thought the whole team were good today but Pontus, Kalvin & Forshaw at the back were excellent & you can always rely on Pablo, he's magic"

"We have a got a big unit of injured players at Leeds, that's why I ran to the medical team after I scored"

When asked about Bielsa his eyes lit up & replied

"In terms of the work ethic under Bielsa it is totally different to what I've experienced at my previous clubs"

"All the players were surprised by his demands at the beginning of the season, we all enjoy it"

"Tbh I thought I was fit when I arrived at Leeds but it took me five weeks to get to the fitness Bielsa expects of his players"

"I didn't expect a hug from Bielsa after I scored that goal in training, I got another hug today too"
It was a good interview by PB.
I'm pretty sure Luke Ayling said the same thing at the start of the season regarding fitness.
Something along the lines of 'it was the toughest pre-season I have ever done, I have never been so fit'
The training and fitness methods of MB and his team are sure to be copied in years to come by other Championship sides.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
gessa

Re: Quest hate Leeds - Bamford interview

Post by gessa »

Bamford came over as a really nice fella, Colin Murray even mentioned how good he was with the crew.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 am One cannot Ignore Leon's sexist rants altogether, but in fairness he also doesn't like men with beards or people who wear training shoes (by his own admission). Lord knows what else is targetted by some of those self-righteous tw*ts on coach trips to games.
I'm not being sexist Norm.

I much prefer male commentators in sport. I don't mind females presenting sports programmes but when they are commentating of football or cricket it doesn't sound great, maybe it's the old traditionalist in me

I'm fine with ladies reading the news or presenting other entertainment shows

I enjoy the company of ladies so I'm far from being a male-chauvinist pig

Btw the majority of my footie friends wear trainers, funny enough I have a pair on whilst I'm working this morning, I'm not keen on them though !
1964white

Re: Quest hate Leeds - Bamford interview

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 am Bamford came over as a really nice fella, Colin Murray even mentioned how good he was with the crew.
He's a nice bloke Ges.

I call him posh boy :) Jill likes him
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:06 am The training and fitness methods of MB and his team are sure to be copied in years to come by other Championship sides.
All depends on if we last the distance or run out of steam.