FA cup

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

FA cup

Post by leic white 63 »

who do you want in mondays draw ?
love the fa cup hopefully under mb we will show the cup some respect which it deserves . hopefully we give it ago whoever we draw and not the embarrassing fiasco we've witnessed the last couple of years or so. i dont go along with all this bollocks about sooner we out the better s**t . for me cup runs equally inspire players and fans alike and also important keep the winning mentality going.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: FA cup

Post by SG90 »

A Saturday 3pm kick off. No lower league team away from home on TV.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

spurs away ... nice to have a day out at wembley. or chelsea, man utd and citeh at home. would bring back some memorable memories.
hector

Post by hector »

Southampton away... A winnable match and I would be able to go, and then have bragging rights all round the area...

:)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Big game away from home - get the money and narrow loss or win the damn thing
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't care...... Mickey mouse competition now in which we'll start reserves
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:17 am who do you want in mondays draw ?
love the fa cup hopefully under mb we will show the cup some respect which it deserves . hopefully we give it ago whoever we draw and not the embarrassing fiasco we've witnessed the last couple of years or so. i dont go along with all this bollocks about sooner we out the better s**t . for me cup runs equally inspire players and fans alike and also important keep the winning mentality going.
I learn't my lesson 63 when Garry Monk insulted our loyal support down at Sutton with a tinpot team which included players who'd hadn't played in the first team & wer never going to make it as Leeds United footballers. Cooper had a mare & it was a costly day to forget !
Thing is it was such a horrible experience the sour taste still lingers in my mouth plus a hole in my wallet, after that I decided to kick any long journey cup game into touch. I made the right decision as Christiansen then took the p*ss down at Newport, thankfully I watched the fiasco from my armchair.

I enjoy watching Bielsa-style football so if he did play a weakened team I'm sure our current young players would provide some decent entertainment so I may make the effort for our next cup game pending on the draw

Big club home or away = Yes
Small club away = Yes
Championship or lower league club at ER = No
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:50 am spurs away ... nice to have a day out at wembley. or chelsea, man utd and citeh at home. would bring back some memorable memories.
Yes those would be good, done all those grounds though plus the Emirates.

Not visited the new West ham stadium yet, that could be feisty :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 am Don't care...... Mickey mouse competition now in which we'll start reserves
The Premiership/Sky TV killed the FA Cup.....massive shame :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:12 am Southampton away... A winnable match and I would be able to go, and then have bragging rights all round the area...

:)
I'm hearing that the FA/Southampton officials are aware of your intentions Hector

They won't let you in :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am I'm hearing that the FA/Southampton officials are aware of your intentions Hector

They won't let you in :lol:
Barstewards :verysad:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:23 am I learn't my lesson 63 when Garry Monk insulted our loyal support down at Sutton with a tinpot team which included players who'd hadn't played in the first team & wer never going to make it as Leeds United footballers. Cooper had a mare & it was a costly day to forget !
Thing is it was such a horrible experience the sour taste still lingers in my mouth plus a hole in my wallet, after that I decided to kick any long journey cup game into touch. I made the right decision as Christiansen then took the p*ss down at Newport, thankfully I watched the fiasco from my armchair.

I enjoy watching Bielsa-style football so if he did play a weakened team I'm sure our current young players would provide some decent entertainment so I may make the effort for our next cup game pending on the draw

Big club home or away = Yes
Small club away = Yes
Championship or lower league club at ER = No
i said at the time to a mate 64 the club should have had the decency to refunded all the supporters who travelled there ticket and travel costs back.
those two games you mentioned also rochdale was embarrassing and unacceptable for leeds utd. them loses put a huge dent in our form and we never actually recovered from them..
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:30 am The Premiership/Sky TV killed the FA Cup.....massive shame :(
agreed. far to much football on tv these days.
remember the days when there was only 3 live games a year . the fa cup , england v scotland home international and the european cup final.
if im honest bitd would have rather win the fa cup than the league.
used all gather around the radio in the playground to listen to the draws.
cup final day the streets were deserted just another game now.
however its still a dream of mine to see em lift that old famous cup one last time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am agreed. far to much football on tv these days.
remember the days when there was only 3 live games a year . the fa cup , england v scotland home international and the european cup final.
if im honest bitd would have rather win the fa cup than the league.
used all gather around the radio in the playground to listen to the draws.
cup final day the streets were deserted just another game now.
however its still a dream of mine to see em lift that old famous cup one last time.
Clarke 1-0 !
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:02 pm Clarke 1-0 !
:-D
if leicester can win the premiership we can win the cup !
well its always nice to fantasise about summit :)
just a old fa cup romantic me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm :-D
if leicester can win the premiership we can win the cup !
well its always nice to fantasise about summit :)
just a old fa cup romantic me.
You seem to fantasise about other things too 63 :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

leic white 63 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:57 am however its still a dream of mine to see em lift that old famous cup one last time.
Or even once in my case. :cry: We haven't even reached the semi finals in my lifetime. The quarter final v the Blunts is the closest I remember to getting close. :(
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Not bothered, devalued competition we have no chance of winning and we haven't the squad to compete on two fronts. Home tie against one of the big guns, play well but lose and move on to the bread and butter
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:15 pm You seem to fantasise about other things too 63 :lol:
:lol:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:25 pm Or even once in my case. :cry: We haven't even reached the semi finals in my lifetime. The quarter final v the Blunts is the closest I remember to getting close. :(
cant remember losing to sheff utd . lost to wolves in the Qf at elland rd around 96 i think.