Playlist over the last week.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Re: Playlist for Yesterday/Today

Post by billie1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 pm Rolling Stones 'Black and Blue'
Rolling Stones 'Emotional Rescue'

rock, blues, soul, funk, rock 'n' roll, pop.....so adept whatever genre they play

One of the greatest bands ever :P
Emotional Rescue was the first Stones album I ever bought and loved them ever since .
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Today’s playlist

The Song Remains the Same
Led Zeppelin 4
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

billie1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 pm Today’s playlist

The Song Remains the Same
Led Zeppelin 4
Apparently Zepp's 4th album spent one week short of five years in the American charts after it's release in 1971 selling 23 million copies in the States alone
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billie1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:32 pm Emotional Rescue was the first Stones album I ever bought and loved them ever since .
You came quite late into the Stones musical career then Billie ?
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

billie1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 pm Whitesnakes finest hour . A really great album .
Agreed Billie, together with Live In The Heart Of The City - a cracking live album
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 pm You came quite late into the Stones musical career then Billie ?
Yes that’s right , I can’t think why really . I remember buying Emotional Rescue for no greater reason than it was a new release at the time and I just really liked it . A flat mate owned Sticky Fingers and Love you Live , and that was it . A convert for life !
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:25 pm Agreed Billie, together with Live In The Heart Of The City - a cracking live album
Yes that live album is great . I saw Whitesnake with that great line up ( Coverdale , Marsden , Moody , Murray , Lord and Paice ) at Hammersmith Odeon in 1981 . They were absolutely brilliant .
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The Fernweh - self-titled debut. British folk, psych rock with a touch of Syd Barrett about it.
Neil Young - Songs for Judy
Bobbie Gentry - The Girl from Chickasaw County. Bobbie can do no wrong in my eyes!
R W Hedges - The Hunters in the Snow
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 am The Fernweh - self-titled debut. British folk, psych rock with a touch of Syd Barrett about it.

I'll have to give this a play :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

This morning

The Pretty Things- Parachute
The Pretty Things- Get The Picture
Primal Scream- Dirty Hits
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

gessa wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:51 am I'll have to give this a play :tup:
On Spotify, Ges, I think you'll like it
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

This afternoon.

Poor Moon - Poor Moon one for Fleet Foxes fans.
Radical Face - Ghost
White Feather Collective- ep
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Steve Earle - Guitar Town
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

gessa wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm This afternoon.

Poor Moon - Poor Moon one for Fleet Foxes fans.
Radical Face - Ghost
White Feather Collective- ep
New to me but I'll have a listen Ges, as I quite like a bit of FF :moggy:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:15 pm New to me but I'll have a listen Ges, as I quite like a bit of FF :moggy:
They're a side project of Christian Wargo and Casey Wescott of FF's . I was at a festival and they opened the day, said to my wife, these have a real Fleet Foxes feel to them, googled them to find that out.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

billie1 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am Yes that’s right , I can’t think why really . I remember buying Emotional Rescue for no greater reason than it was a new release at the time and I just really liked it . A flat mate owned Sticky Fingers and Love you Live , and that was it . A convert for life !
I remember buying Sticky Fingers with a zip on the album sleeve when on holiday in Jersey during the early 70's, was so pleased as it was VAT free too :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 pm Steve Earle - Guitar Town
Good album, Earle is an underrated artist
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I know this artist/album doesn't go down well with some on here

Lily Allen 'It's Not Me, It's You'.........a cracking pop album, yes it's risqué for sure but Mrs 64 & I love it

Amazon reviewer

It’s always going to be difficult to assess a character like chav-pop mad-mouth Lily Allen, seeing as absolutely everyone has an opinion on her, regardless of whether they know who she is or how they arrived at it. Where does the kicking tabloid caricature end and the artiste begin? For these reasons alone you should be grateful for It’s Not You, It’s Me, as it finally crystallises all the chaos of the last couple of years into a succinct, sparkling and occasionally brilliant album. Of course it isn’t as sweet as her debut, Alright, Still (which did have a candyfloss side and bright eyes in spite of its wordy bravado), but it is just as cheeky if you allow for the glitter, sheen and high production values that are working to elevate her to Proper Pop Star status. This is not an album that sounds like it came from lying on her bed on a Sunday morning putting her world to rights from the night before, but listen to the eloquent javelin-sharp sarcasm of “The Fear”, touching confessions of budding love on “Who’d Have Known”, or revelling in the ordinariness of a relationship on “Chinese” and you recognise the talent that got everyone excited about the ladette Mike Skinner in the first place, even if on those two softer moments she evokes Kate Nash more than Kate Nash does Lily Allen, oddly. Overall though, this chic electro pop matches and sometimes surpasses the ska-lite DIY of her debut. --James Berry
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Mountain - Very Best of

(Other than For Yasgur's Farm and Nantucket Sleighride I hadn't really heard much else, but picked this up for 50p in a charity shop at the weekend and some really good stuff on there)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 pm Mountain - Very Best of

(Other than For Yasgur's Farm and Nantucket Sleighride I hadn't really heard much else, but picked this up for 50p in a charity shop at the weekend and some really good stuff on there)

Use to play Mountain albums a lot, great band in the day.