West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :West Brom v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
19%
2-2 or higher
13%
Brom by 1
6%
Leeds by 1
38%
Brom by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
25%
Brom by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 pm Wow talk about overreaction. Yes we were poor and got what we deserved, but we're allowed one bad performance and we're still in a good position, that doesn't make the players sht all of a sudden. West Brom had their big cup final performance, just like everyone else does, no doubt they won't play that well again, but it was a day when everything clicked for them and didn't for us. But one thing is the players should've learned by now to just shoot rather than overplay all the fcking time.
Dont think its an overreaction.

We lack individual quality in key areas, was always going to show eventually.

Bielsa has worked wonders but he is responsible for that to a degree to.

No reason to panic but should be realistic to :)

WBA have a squad far superior as do other sides, we rely on good coaching a lot.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm Dont think its an overreaction.

WBA have a squad far superior as do other sides, we rely on good coaching a lot.
The thing is our fans always overreact over every little thing. No doubt they'll be on the players' backs if we haven't scored after ten minutes v Bristol City and putting pressure on the players. We can't let this result affect us. Just put it behind us and move on.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 pm Wow talk about overreaction. Yes we were poor and got what we deserved, but we're allowed one bad performance and we're still in a good position, that doesn't make the players sht all of a sudden. West Brom had their big cup final performance, just like everyone else does, no doubt they won't play that well again, but it was a day when everything clicked for them and didn't for us. But one thing is the players should've learned by now to just shoot rather than overplay all the fcking time.
12 points from the last 27 is far from good. Cant keep relying on others to keep losing
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

We lost this one in midfield ... never looked like a strong , compact nor composed at any time . The physical battle was lost early and we never won a ball of note. We got off lightly enough to be 1 behind @ break , a top team would have won by more goals. I disagree about the 1 dimension though we looked like that tonight. Beilsa would know that the midfield of 3 or 4 were no match this game. And changes will happen . They aren't physically tough enough nor clever enough when having to win the breaking ball. They got chewed over this game and let the whole club down. At 60 mins in we needed to get ourselves a moment of inspiration but no one was willing nor able sadly and we needed a leader tonight... but got our just desserts.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Agreed, one bad game this season happens. I do think MB got the line up and subs wrong but we're allowed and it only got bad after we conceded the second, up to then we were evenly matched and they're a good side fresh down and loaded with talent that stepped up today..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
gessa

Post by gessa »

BPF - 5 Very poor today, made a couple of saves look good but any half decent keeper would have got them. I think we need better in goal but don't think Blackman is the answer.

Dallas - 5 Got into some good positions especially first half but final ball was awful. Extra point for effort.

Cooper - 4 So many silly fouls and in dangerous areas, no captain and if we had a better squad, shouldn't be in the team.

Jansson - 8 Thank God he played or it could have been anything. motm for us

Douglas - 6 Stood firm under pressure but passing was wasteful.

Phillips 4- Poor game by his standards this season, game passed him by, should have done more for the first, gave up, which was disappointing, first goal was a big turning point.

Klich, - 5 Worst game this season, poor passing and should have done better with the first half chance.

Alioski - 4 How many poor games before he gets dropped, adds nothing at present.

Hernandez - 6 Can't remember anything he did positively other than the goal, the odd decent pass but a day to forget.

Forshaw - 7 The only one trying to get the ball forward and put some pressure on them.

Roofe - 4 Another who had his worst game of the season, didn't hold the ball when it came to him and when he chased back gave away silly fouls.

Saiz - 6 Nice touch for goal but wasn't a game for him to come on and make a difference

Roberts - 3 Didn't get into thr game but tbf to him the rest had given up by then

Harrison - 3 Surely Clarke will give us more
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:16 pm Dont think its an overreaction.

That's because they're rich and we're relatively poor
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 pm 12 points from the last 27 is far from good. Cant keep relying on others to keep losing
Suggests the others aren't much better then.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I secretly feared that this was coming. Obviously Bielsa has done a great job with more or less last seasons squad, BUT, average players just cannot continue to produce above average performances ! Lets not get carried away and go all negative because fortunately for us this is a poor championship league and any one of 12 or so teams could end up in the top 6......including us. I feel sick right now because that was never a 4-1 defeat performance, but our defending was woeful.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:19 pm The thing is our fans always overreact over every little thing. No doubt they'll be on the players' backs if we haven't scored after ten minutes v Bristol City and putting pressure on the players. We can't let this result affect us. Just put it behind us and move on.
I hope they dont because we just lost to a superior team individually who got there tactics right, it happens.

Bielsa has coached the squad superbly but individually we arent that special.

We have to be realistic imo and recognise that the squad is very limited.

Bielsa is responsible for his faith in Cooper, Dallas and co, it was reported he was fans of themand didnt want a quality cb for example.

Bielsa isnt god, he makes mistakes as he has already done.

Hopefully a bit of a wake up call and we go again.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:29 pm That's because they're rich and we're relatively poor
True.

But Bielsa didnt want another cb.

He is a Dallas fan, that was reported very early on, he thought the squad was good enough and only wanted back ups.

Blackman, Harrison, Baker etc.

Bielsa's faith in some of our players is partially to blame.

But its all we have so hey ho.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:37 pm True.

But Bielsa didnt want another cb.

He is a Dallas fan, that was reported very early on, he thought the squad was good enough and only wanted back ups.

Blackman, Harrison, Baker etc.

Bielsa's faith in some of our players is partially to blame.

But its all we have so hey ho.
Was that his choice or what he was told to accept?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 pm I think our names will be dirt here tonight with our Phillips comments...He's probably MOTM on the coach ;-)
Hernandez then Pontus got the majority of votes.

Personally thought Pablo was poor

Jansson my MOTM by a mile even though he was part of a defence that conceded four
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Hernandez then Pontus got the majority of votes.

Jansson my MOTM by a mile even though he was part of a defence that conceded four
God knows what the score would be like if he didn't play 64!

Pablo had one of his usual shockers he has every now and again. With no Saiz, there was no creativity in the team if Pablo and Klich aren't performing.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Hernandez then Pontus got the majority of votes.

Pontus, with no one coming close for me.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:39 pm Was that his choice or what he was told to accept?
No i dont think so, Bielsa walked into the interview with West Ham few years back and told them only 8 or 9 members of the squad were good enough.

He wouldn't pretend to be happy imo.

He was wrong imo but i do believe he was happy.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:45 pm No i dont think so, Bielsa walked into the interview with West Ham few years back and told them only 8 or 9 members of the squad were good enough.

He wouldn't pretend to be happy imo.

He was wrong imo but i do believe he was happy.
I don't believe he would think certain players were good enough, especially if the fans can see it. But it is a wake up call to Radz that certain players are not good enough and he can't afford to be tight this January. But we shouldn't overreact either. Wolves lost 4-1 to Villa last season for example.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:43 pm God knows what the score would be like if he didn't play 64!

Pablo had one of his usual shockers he has every now and again. With no Saiz, there was no creativity in the team if Pablo and Klich aren't performing.
When Pablo doesn't play well we don't look that good.

As for Pontus if we lose him though injury I fear our top six place would seriously be in jeopardy.

Sombre mood on our journey back, about two hours from home I guess
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 pm When Pablo doesn't play well we don't look that good.

As for Pontus if we lose him though injury I fear our top six place would seriously be in jeopardy.

Sombre mood on our journey back, about two hours from home I guess
Mine was 40 minutes with 2 very jubilant baghie fans, good job I'm off the ale or I'd be getting pissed tonight.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:59 pm Mine was 40 minutes with 2 very jubilant baghie fans, good job I'm off the ale or I'd be getting pissed tonight.
:lol: :lol: