West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline :West Brom v Leeds Utd

Poll ended at Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
19%
2-2 or higher
13%
Brom by 1
6%
Leeds by 1
38%
Brom by 2
No votes
Leeds by 2
25%
Brom by 3 or more
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 16

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Untiftled-3.jpg
.....................................................................West Brom v Leeds Utd
......................................Saturday 10th November@5.30pm
..............................................Streaming links to follow

Hi Folks

Leeds visit the Hawthorns for the first time in twelve years as two of the most fancied Championship giants go head to head.

Baggies Manager Darren Moore’s will be under relative pressure as his side have only scored twice in their previous four games, a run that has returned just a single point.

They will however be boosted by the news that Dwight Gayle, Gareth Barry and Kieran Gibbs are all expected to be return.

Bielsa has no fresh injury concerns to worry about and will be expected to field the same XI that dominated Wigan last weekend.

Ex Baggie Tyler Roberts will have to make do with a place on the bench.

Leeds will be encouraged by West Brom's leaky defence. They have conceded as many times at Bolton (24).
Last edited by Ellandback1 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: West Brom v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Time to send a message to the rest of the championship pretenders & smash the baggies :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Their fans aren't confident at all, hope Gayle doesn't play, remember what he did to us for Newcastle.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

About 3 weeks ago I would of been happy with a point from this game but with their current form I'm confident of all 3 now
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Play the game like we did against Wigan and I can’t see us losing. Derby recently took the game to West Brom and romped home 1-4, the Baggies were one of the pre season favourites for promotion but I’m yet to be convinced by them. A very winnable fixture, the last time I was at the Hawthorns was in 2002 when we ran out 3-1 winners with goals from Kewell, Bowyer and Viduka , I see no reason why we can’t repeat that score line on Saturday.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 am Play the game like we did against Wigan and I can’t see us losing. Derby recently took the game to West Brom and romped home 1-4, the Baggies were one of the pre season favourites for promotion but I’m yet to be convinced by them. A very winnable fixture, the last time I was at the Hawthorns was in 2002 when we ran out 3-1 winners with goals from Kewell, Bowyer and Viduka , I see no reason why we can’t repeat that score line on Saturday.
Oh how I wish those three were lining up for us this weekend.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 am Play the game like we did against Wigan and I can’t see us losing. Derby recently took the game to West Brom and romped home 1-4, the Baggies were one of the pre season favourites for promotion but I’m yet to be convinced by them. A very winnable fixture, the last time I was at the Hawthorns was in 2002 when we ran out 3-1 winners with goals from Kewell, Bowyer and Viduka , I see no reason why we can’t repeat that score line on Saturday.
That's the scoreline I've gone for on our prediction forum thread :tup:
hector

Post by hector »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 am Oh how I wish those three were lining up for us this weekend.
well....... 2 of them anyway........
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

As much as their run of form gives us confidence they will also be out to turn things around. As mentioned above Gayle always seems to cause us problems - so with all that said I'd take a point, be a decent result against what is still a strong side.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Difficult one to predict - on the face of it, we are playing well, they are aren't but I think the baggies do depend a lot on Dwight Gayle ( and he has missed their last couple of matches ) and he can be a really pain for the best of defences. Along with Barnes, those two have pace to burn and that can trouble the likes of Dallas and Cooper especially. That said, we have plenty of ways to hurt them too with likes of Pablo, Roofe and Klich playing so well at present.

I am going to be cautious and go for a 2 v 2 draw which wouldnt be a bad result going into yet another damn international break which are really getting on my nerves !! Every time you think the season has got going, it stops again for these meaningless matches that very few people care about.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

hector wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 am well....... 2 of them anyway........
:tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Hoping for a win naturally but dont buy into who is in form or not as much of a factor as thats not the way the way the Championship works, particularly this season. As bad as these international breaks are, they are bearable after a win
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Lots of confidence on here (no bad thing) and, conversely, Baggies fans fearing the worst but look at the players they can field. Lots with Prem experience, including Gayle who always does well against us, I'd be happy with a point.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:25 am well....... 2 of them anyway........

gessa

Post by gessa »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am Hoping for a win naturally but dont buy into who is in form or not as much of a factor as thats not the way the way the Championship works, particularly this season. As bad as these international breaks are, they are bearable after a win

They are Eire,would be nice to still be top with 2 very winnable home games to come after.
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

I think this could be another game where we are the better side but lose by a goal. I love to be wrong (sometimes). Ayling is a massive loss for us but we coped well last time out - lets hope for more of the same.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:25 am I think this could be another game where we are the better side but lose by a goal. I love to be wrong (sometimes). Ayling is a massive loss for us but we coped well last time out - lets hope for more of the same.
I'd back a decent pacy winger v Dallas every time, SD is not even a right-sided player let alone a defender which could be our undoing.

Wigan had nothing in that position, the majority of championship clubs have that type of player in their locker, prepare yourselves for a hair-raising ride down that right flank until January
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 am Oh how I wish those three were lining up for us this weekend.
They'd be a bit past it ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am I'd back a decent pacy winger v Dallas every time, SD is not even a right-sided player let alone a defender which could be our undoing.

Wigan had nothing in that position, the majority of championship clubs have that type of player in their locker, prepare yourselves for a hair-raising ride down that right flank until January
They've played Harvey Barnes on the left . . :whistle:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Dallas isn't a left sided player, he's right footed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"