The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 6th Nov)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 6th Nov)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everybody

Phil Hay tweeted that the communication between Peacock-Farrell and his defence ‘didn’t seem to be right’ in the 2-1 win over Wigan on Sunday.

He pointed the finger at the Young Northern Ireland goal keeper for being at fault early on, seemingly standing in the wrong position for a free-kick which Wigan scored in the opening period/

Some Leeds fans were asking Hay whether he thought Marcelo Bielsa would drop him.

He said no but did add that “it was noticeable… that the defence were chirping at him a fair amount”.

Is it time to replace BPF with Blackman?

Not if yesterday's U23 result has anything to do with it.

Although Blackman made a series of finer saves, Leeds, with the likes of Blackman, Baker, Harrison, Shaughnessy, Roberts and Saiz were destroyed by Crewe's U23's 3-1.

By all accounts Saiz could not cope with the physical game.

Also, it's a good thing we're not paying the £100,000 a week wage bill for trio of loanee's - well I hope not anyway!!!!
gessa

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 6th Nov)

Post by gessa »

If the defence have a problem with BPF, I'm sure Jansson will let Biesla know, problem being, I'm not sure Blackman is any better, if there is a problem.

The 3 loanees have been disappointing, yet they were all highly rated before we took them, is it they just can't adapt to Bieslaball.

I'd imagine Saiz isn't happy playing for the U23's, so has no heart for it.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Problems don't exist until someone speaks about an incident and says it is a problem.
Then everybody jumps on the bandwagon gets out their magnifying glasses and with a
pair of forceps picks and dissects what has happened adding more layers of speculation
and controversy... brewing up a storm in a tea cup... throwing the shite against the wall
to see if it will stick.

Well it certainly did with Felix. The poor guy had his confidence wrecked by the boo boys
and the hack journalists who ripped him apart at every opportunity.

BPF and the wall has been beaten to death with mind numbing analysis, of who should have done what.
BPF was too far to the left... the men in the wall did not stand their ground and opened a space
for the ball to go through. yada, yada, yada.

The whole point of football is to score goals. They generate excitement during the game and
controversy afterwards... the Roofe handball springs to mind... yet there is an ominous silence
from journalists and fans when it comes to discussing the ethics or worthiness of that particular
incident.

BPF let in a goal... there is nothing to see here... move on.

God am I turning into a Clive? (where is he by the way?)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and everyone,

I personally think BPF has been thrust into the first team a little too soon. He is undoubtedly going to be a good keeper but he needs to fill out a bit and take command of his area. I said even before the season started that we should have gone for a more experienced keeper but the nearest thing we have to it is Jamal Blackman.
I want a keeper who is happy to berate his defenders for sloppy play and let his defenders what he wants in no uncertain terms. I don't see BPF doing that but I think its purely an age thing as he has four seasoned pro's in front of him.
Dropping BPF would obviously knock his confidence a bit but it wouldn't do him any harm to be taken out of the firing line for a while.
Blackman is taller and physically more imposing.

I'm not surprised Saiz didn't shine in the U23's yesterday, he's not a player who will roll his sleeves up and fight to get his place back.
The truth of the matter is that he hasn't been good enough lately and deserved to be left out.
The only one I feel a bit sorry for is Tyler Roberts who deputized well for Roofe and won us the game at Hull.
I'm sure he's still got a part to play this season at some point.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Loan players and Saiz weren't going to be bothered about the u23s, so no surprise. I get it's about fitness, but it's costing the youngsters results and game time. Not to mention the Bamford injury should have surely been a wake up call about picking first teamers.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

BPF is still the answer. 13 goals in 16 league games. There has been good saves and distribution as well as some instances when may be he could have done better.
Like all keepers.
The best thing for me is he knows he is learning and i am sure he has put in a huge amount of hours with the GK coach so unless his form collapses which it hasnt then stick with him. He will do ok and when his defence communication gets nailed down he will be brilliant.
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Let's be honest, if Pablo scored that free kick, we'd all be raving about it. Maybe we should just say well done to James for a great free kick, rather than trying to point fingers and blame BPF.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Agreed. Is BPF a good keeper? Yes. Is he is the finished article....No
Why...because he hasn't even got 50 first team games yet. AND a different system under MB to Heck.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:21 am Let's be honest, if Pablo scored that free kick, we'd all be raving about it. Maybe we should just say well done to James for a great free kick, rather than trying to point fingers and blame BPF.
That's what I'm doing ...

and Saiz would walk into just about every other team in the division....Opponents must be very happy to see Saiz on the bench.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

BPF was always going to make mistakes as will Blackman, but we benefit from BPF learning from his mistakes.
We saw a keeper in goal last season with zero confidence and couldn’t handle the league, we don’t have that this year.
Blackman, you would except, would solidify our set piece defence, commanding the box a bit more, but he’s clearly not showing he offers much more in training.
Saiz needed to show something yesterday after a string of average games where he seemed to get disheartened, let’s hope Bielsa can get the best out of him soon.
Baker Harrison and Blackman all seem happy to be squad players, disappointing.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 am Good Morning Everybody
Phil Hay tweeted that the communication between Peacock-Farrell and his defence ‘didn’t seem to be right’ in the 2-1 win over Wigan on Sunday.
He pointed the finger at the Young Northern Ireland goal keeper for being at fault early on, seemingly standing in the wrong position for a free-kick which Wigan scored in the opening period/
Some Leeds fans were asking Hay whether he thought Marcelo Bielsa would drop him.
He said no but did add that “it was noticeable… that the defence were chirping at him a fair amount”.
Is it time to replace BPF with Blackman?
Good morning Matt & everyone

"Chirping".........Pontus really laid into BPF verbally & rightly so when he hesitated & didn't come to clear his line when it was claerly his ball, could have been a real calamity
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 am Not if yesterday's U23 result has anything to do with it.
Although Blackman made a series of finer saves, Leeds, with the likes of Blackman, Baker, Harrison, Shaughnessy, Roberts and Saiz were destroyed by Crewe's U23's 3-1.
By all accounts Saiz could not cope with the physical game.
Also, it's a good thing we're not paying the £100,000 a week wage bill for trio of loanee's - well I hope not anyway!!!!
I had this argument with my mates in McDonald's before boarding our coach

We bring in three loan signings from premiership clubs & they are not better than the players we already have in our squad. What's the point in bringing in fillers who are gonna sit on the bench most games

Unconvinced with Blackman
Clarke looks a better prospect than Harrison
Unimpressed with Baker, certainly doesn't look like he could dislodge our current midfield unless we get a glut of injuries/suspensions.
As for spitter I despair !

If they are good enough & with other players with championship experience we shouldn't be getting hammered by Crewe U23's
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

If you want to blame anyone, then it's Cooper as he gave away an idiotic free kick in a good position, as he was easily wound up by Garner. I even said they'd score from it as it just seemed like it would obviously happen.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 am That's what I'm doing ...

and Saiz would walk into just about every other team in the division....Opponents must be very happy to see Saiz on the bench.
I'm sorry mate, he can't shoot, he maybe creates one chance in a game & his attitude stinks !

Your mate Riot would ship him back to Spain immediately
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am I had this argument with my mates in McDonald's before boarding our coach

We bring in three loan signings from premiership clubs & they are not better than the players we already have in our squad. What's the point in bringing in fillers who are gonna sit on the bench most games

Unconvinced with Blackman
Clarke looks a better prospect than Harrison
Unimpressed with Baker, certainly doesn't look like he could dislodge our current midfield unless we get a glut of injuries/suspensions.
As for spitter I despair !

If they are good enough & with other players with championship experience we shouldn't be getting hammered by Crewe U23's
Sport is about the players mindset. They showed up thinking it would be easy, hard to turn it on when your not motivated. Disappointing attitude from players who aren’t in the starting 11, hunger for places is key in a small squad.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 am I'm sorry mate, he can't shoot, he maybe creates one chance in a game & his attitude stinks !

Your mate Riot would ship him back to Spain immediately
Clearly an amazing player who can shoot. Players form dip and rise. He is a talent that’s hard to manage, he’ll come good again.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just checked the table..do you know we're top ...Had to check it twice as some of the posts on here had me thinking we were in the relegation zone ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:15 am Loan players and Saiz weren't going to be bothered about the u23s, so no surprise. I get it's about fitness, but it's costing the youngsters results and game time. Not to mention the Bamford injury should have surely been a wake up call about picking first teamers.
Yes those players are playing for fitness reasons but I bet you if our other young U23's had played we wouldn't have got battered, all speculation I know but I just don't think they are good enough, obviously Bielsa isn't enamoured with them
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dezzy wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:43 am Clearly an amazing player who can shoot. Players form dip and rise. He is a talent that’s hard to manage, he’ll come good again.
How many goals has he scored ? with his talent he should be knocking them in for fun
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

I agree 100% with 64 on Saiz. He has loads of talent but has drifted in a few games and the manager has clearly seen that too and dropped him.
He not only needs to fight for his place back BUT he owes it to the fans costing us 6 GAMES by spitting which he said he would make amends for.
Short memory it seems.
As for the loan players...waste of money.
I would send them back and train up the youth. Clarke is being robbed at the moment.