The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 23rd Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 23rd Oct)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds are being linked to a move for two-time Premier League winner Samir Nasri.

The former Marseille and Citeh attacking midfielder is currently without a club.

The 31 yo is currently serving a six-month ban from UEFA, for breaching WADA rules. (In December 2016 by receiving an intravenous drip of 500 millilitres of water containing nutrients.)

On 1 August 2018, Nasri's ban was increased by an extra 12 months following an appeal from UEFA's ethics and disciplinary inspector!

There are rave reviews coming out of Dancaster about Leeds on loan striker Mallik Wilks. The 19 year old has impressed Rovers boss Grant McCann and talks are underway to extend his loan period until the end of the season.

Left back Barry Douglas is back in training and could feature tomorrow night against the Tractor boys. Good news too about Jack Harrison. He is expected to be fit for the Forest game on Saturday!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 23rd Oct)

Post by danhirons »

The nasri thing is a joke right?? Never would come here and we could never afford him (whilst in the championship at least)
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Nasri can’t see that happening

My mates a Donny season ticket holder and he says they all really rate Mallik and def want him to stay

Re Douglas I hope so one of our best players this season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Yo EB

Good news about Douglas

Would be nice to get Nasri
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

Good to hear Douglas is back this week

The Nasri speculation is all a puff of wind I suspect
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Good morning all,

Great news about Douglas, especially after Satudays left back effort!
If we are shelling out 50 grand a week for Harrison I cant see Nasri coming our way. I think whoever dreamt that one up has been on too many intravenous "nutrients"

All I want to hear, is a straightforward teamsheet for tomorrow. Players that actually play in the position. I don't remember Dallas being heralded the "new Paul Madeley"
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dalton wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 am
All I want to hear, is a straightforward teamsheet for tomorrow. Players that actually play in the position. I don't remember Dallas being heralded the "new Paul Madeley"
Bang on Dalton :tup:

Strange how some find Bielsa's decision acceptable :shock:
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Morning all. I cant remember being excited once by a Dallas performance since he joined us and that was playing in his favoured position a lot of the time. Performs better for N Ireland but thats a totally different system I presume
gessa

Post by gessa »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:10 am Morning all. I cant remember being excited once by a Dallas performance since he joined us and that was playing in his favoured position a lot of the time. Performs better for N Ireland but thats a totally different system I presume

I wonder if it's the different kind of pressure of club football over international football that gets to certain players. Dallas seems to be going backwards as most others are progressing.
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Thing is, Dallas MUST be doing something in training that seriously floats MB's boat
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains