Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town

Poll ended at Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:02 pm

0-0
4%
1-1
12%
2-2 or higher
4%
Leeds by 1
12%
Ipswich by 1
8%
Leeds by 2
44%
Ipswich by 2
No votes
Leeds by 3 or more
16%
Ipswich by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 25

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match Thread

Post by 60sUnited »

Great to be back on top, but, this league is unbelievable with only 6 points separating the leaders from 13th place !! You can only beat whats in front of you but got to say Ipswich were really dire, Forest on Saturday will be a better measure for us.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Post match summary.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Oscar post match.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

good 3 points and great to be back top - but as others have said we can't read too much into it as Ipswich are pretty certain relegation favourites and were shocking tonight

if we are to go up, hernandez is crucial as is roofe

alioski was better but still wasteful, saiz too

berardi a total liability - almost got red carded in 20 mins

klich looks a good player
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well in control without having to leave first gear, good workout for a midweek game and no need to overexert ourselves if we don't need to. A joy to see Pablo back and I might have to join 64 on his Kalvin for England crusade, as he was magnificent tonight. Thought Pearce looked well below par and Forshaw had his best game for us.
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Kalvin Phillips was superb tonight as was Cooper. Motm for me was Pablo with Klich a little bit behind
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Phillips was excellent - I lost count of how many time he stepped up (from off-screen) to intercept a pass. Don't think he's England calibre yet, but he really has made that position his own in this team.

Berardi was unlucky to get booked as there looked to be very little in it. Hope his injury isn't too serious, as he looked good again.

Ayling was a bit sloppy with his passes and almost played us into trouble a couple of times. A better team would have scored the 1-on-1 which came from his mistake late on.

Harrison wasn't great and although Ali was fairly wasteful once he was forward, he nearly made himself a goal and I thought he linked up well with Pearce (who was solid as well).

Pablo makes this team tick. He was absolutely superb tonight and deserves MOTM (who got the actual award?). Saiz did well, but mainly drew a lot of fouls. Think that the next task, in terms of attacking play, is finding ways to take the pressure off Samu and allow him to open up more.

Thought Forshaw did well in the more attacking role when he came on. Could have had a couple were it not for the keeper/defenders.

We did well to impose ourselves more in the second half after Ipswich took the game to us early doors. They don't look a great team, but you can see why they are losing narrowly. Comes back to the point that this division is nuts - I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that they'll be okay if they can string a few results together.
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Can’t believe how flat I feel after that. Has to be the awful Ipswich performance. Really looking forward to Saturday. We will need to improve but Pablo will always create chances. He’s a class act still
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Phillips man of the match??
No chance.
Hernandez was quality where you need quality. i.e. not sweeping against a piss poor Ipswich strike force.
He set up both goals.
Great to have him back.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Eireleeds1 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm Can’t believe how flat I feel after that. Has to be the awful Ipswich performance. Really looking forward to Saturday. We will need to improve but Pablo will always create chances. He’s a class act still
Agree mate.
Very average performance.
Good for 25 / 30 mins in second half.
But still way off our early season form.
Yet we're TOP after our recent poor form and results. MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Coops, Pablo and Philips share man of the match for me.....
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Analysis from an opposition fan... quite balanced.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

We're on top of the league
Looking down on the others
And the only explanation I can find
Is that Leeds, is the team, is the side that reigns supreme
Gone and put us on the top of the league
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Long may it continue Harry!
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Can't understand some of the negativity surrounding last night. We won at a canter. Barely got out of first gear and we didn't need as alluded to elsewhere why over exert yourself with a much bigger game coming on the weekend?
Ipswich weren't there to play football. Both before and after the first goal they sat back with 9 or 10 players behind the ball and never really looked like threatening. We then really turned the screw in the second half and If it wasn't for some fine work from their keeper (and the woodwork) we would have had 5 or 6. Can't wait for the day that our attack REALLY clicks as I think we will give a team an absolutely hiding.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Highlights
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 am Long may it continue Harry!
I'm convinced that it will Norm. Bielsa doing a great job and we have plenty of quality in the squad. Like any squad it can be improved, but it's all looking very good.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Phillips really is turning into a very good player, hopefully get to see him play in the premiership next season in white. MOTM for me.
Hernandez was exciting, but looks like he will improve further with match sharpness.
Saiz is trying, maybe too hard, needs to relax and enjoy his football a bit more I think.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
gessa

Post by gessa »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:03 am Can't understand some of the negativity surrounding last night. We won at a canter. Barely got out of first gear and we didn't need as alluded to elsewhere why over exert yourself with a much bigger game coming on the weekend?
Ipswich weren't there to play football. Both before and after the first goal they sat back with 9 or 10 players behind the ball and never really looked like threatening. We then really turned the screw in the second half and If it wasn't for some fine work from their keeper (and the woodwork) we would have had 5 or 6. Can't wait for the day that our attack REALLY clicks as I think we will give a team an absolutely hiding.

Don't ever remember seeing a teams goalkeeper time wasting when the team is losing, seemed as though they were content to be losing 1-0, very strange
gessa

Post by gessa »

dezzy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:27 am Phillips really is turning into a very good player, hopefully get to see him play in the premiership next season in white. MOTM for me.
Hernandez was exciting, but looks like he will improve further with match sharpness.
Saiz is trying, maybe too hard, needs to relax and enjoy his football a bit more I think.

:tup: