Stop the world, I want to get off

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Stop the world, I want to get off

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I listened in disbelief this morning how Kleenex Mansize tissues can no longer be called this and will be known as Kleenex large tissues all because the PC brigade have stuck their noses in yet again and decided they weren’t appropriate in this day and age.
This follows on from the recent announcement about Thomas the tank engine not being diverse enough and having to be more gender neutral.
It’s one thing after another, what next, will Mothercare have to be called “Appropriate adult care”.... it’s ridiculous.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Stop the world, I want to get off

Post by Norm »

Absolutely crackers rich
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm I listened in disbelief this morning how Kleenex Mansize tissues can no longer be called this and will be known as Kleenex large tissues all because the PC brigade have stuck their noses in yet again and decided they weren’t appropriate in this day and age.
This follows on from the recent announcement about Thomas the tank engine not being diverse enough and having to be more gender neutral.
It’s one thing after another, what next, will Mothercare have to be called “Appropriate adult care”.... it’s ridiculous.
Couldn't agree more rich. I just read that myself on bbc news, you beat me to the posting. Absolutely utterly ridiculous. Didn't know about Thomas the tank engine :shock: So called political correctness gone bonkers :x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

every now and again you get common sense news...Canada is legalizing cannabis apparently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 pm I listened in disbelief this morning how Kleenex Mansize tissues can no longer be called this and will be known as Kleenex large tissues all because the PC brigade have stuck their noses in yet again and decided they weren’t appropriate in this day and age.
Who are the PC brigade Rich ?

I suspect they are a bunch of left-wing do gooders

Time for the our society who believe in tradition to stand up these namby-pamby idiots
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Actually judging by the size of women in Farnborough Mansize should be the smaller size. I'm 6 foot 190 lbs and they make me look small
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:39 pm Actually judging by the size of women in Farnborough Mansize should be the smaller size. I'm 6 foot 190 lbs and they make me look small
Not only in Farnborough mate, there everywhere !

That's because they live on pizza's, chips, crisps, biscuits, drinking bottles of pop & beer in pint glasses, sitting on their backsides watching daytime TV & can't be bothered losing weight when they have dropped their sprogs :shock:

I'm staggered when I see shoppers food trolleys out grocery shopping with Jill on a Sunday morning
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:02 pm Not only in Farnborough mate, there everywhere !

That's because they live on pizza's, chips, crisps, biscuits, drinking bottles of pop & beer in pint glasses, sitting on their backsides watching daytime TV & can't be bothered losing weight when they have dropped their sprogs :shock:

I'm staggered when I see shoppers food trolleys out grocery shopping with Jill on a Sunday morning
The PC brigade will be furious when they read this... we’re getting to a stage where anything that offends anyone is incorrect that’s why I wanted the world to stop so I could get off...or am I offending the world by saying that!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:18 pm The PC brigade will be furious when they read this... we’re getting to a stage where anything that offends anyone is incorrect that’s why I wanted the world to stop so I could get off...or am I offending the world by saying that!!
Probably Rich

Standards & tradition have gone out of the window with so many in this sad world

I won't pull any punches when it comes to the pc brigade, I'll say what i feel as we all have a freedom of speech living in a so called democracy, there is no way any of us should bow down to these do-gooders
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Oh the irony, people having a hissy fit about the so called PC brigade in relation to an issue that will have absolutely no effect on their lives and anybody else's life.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:57 pm Oh the irony, people having a hissy fit about the so called PC brigade in relation to an issue that will have absolutely no effect on their lives and anybody else's life.
What's ironic about it? Once again the minority shout the loudest and get heard! Nothing wrong with mansize tissues. I like them when I have a cold, i'm not the slightest bit offended by the use of the word "man". Utterly ridiculous. :rant: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:23 pm What's ironic about it? Once again the minority shout the loudest and get heard! Nothing wrong with mansize tissues. I like them when I have a cold, i'm not the slightest bit offended by the use of the word "man". Utterly ridiculous. :rant: :bear:
The irony is people complaining about others being offended about the use of the term mansize getting so angry about using a different term.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 pm The irony is people complaining about others being offended about the use of the term mansize getting so angry about using a different term.
I don't see irony. It is obviously the use of the word "man" that "offends" the PC brigade. This madness has to stop. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

This week on the Ukulele Underground the theme is Politically incorrect
A sort of reaction against the social justice warriors. Here are a couple I like.

and a great one from the pen of Chuck Bronsky
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:58 am

every now and again you get common sense news...Canada is legalizing cannabis apparently
Also even in Missouri for medicinal purposes only - vote November 6th
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz wrote:

The irony is people complaining about others being offended about the use of the term mansize getting so angry about using a different term.
With respect Harry, the issue in this case is people complaining about phrases which have been used for decades and possibly centuries - all of a sudden they're offensive!?!?!? Give me a break. It's twits with eff all else to do except foment ridiculous antagonism and stir up trouble that, outside of their self-important bubbles, doesn't exist because real people don't think in the same harebrained way.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 pm With respect Harry, the issue in this case is people complaining about phrases which have been used for decades and possibly centuries - all of a sudden they're offensive!?!?!? Give me a break. It's twits with eff all else to do except foment ridiculous antagonism and stir up trouble that, outside of their self-important bubbles, doesn't exist because real people don't think in the same harebrained way.
Sorry Norm but what is at issue in this case is people getting angry and offended while bitching about how easily others get offended and telling them to stop doing so. It'd be different if people just laughed at the ridiculousness of the terminology in this case, but that is not what happened.
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Man-size
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

mail online eat your heart out
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Simples! Why change something that has been around for years, because someone somewhere, feels it may offend someone somewhere?