UNITED

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

UNITED

Post by whiteswan »

Blimey. It's always annoyed me that interviewers, commentators, announcers etc refer to Manure as United when there are so many other clubs with United in their name. I find it disrespectful. But this morning Rob Wooton on SKY actually referred to Leeds United as UNITED. He was referring to the 73/74 season when in his words "United were champion's, Leeds United that is and united, manure united got relegated"
I think sky do have rather a soft spot for us
(Actually referring to the earlier post about fave Leeds utd moments, I think the 73/74 season has to be one of them :) )
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: UNITED

Post by paddy parrott »

There's only one United; pet we know it's Super Leeds United. MOT.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 am Blimey. It's always annoyed me that interviewers, commentators, announcers etc refer to Manure as United when there are so many other clubs with United in their name. I find it disrespectful. But this morning Rob Wooton on SKY actually referred to Leeds United as UNITED. He was referring to the 73/74 season when in his words "United were champion's, Leeds United that is and united, manure united got relegated"
I think sky do have rather a soft spot for us
(Actually referring to the earlier post about fave Leeds utd moments, I think the 73/74 season has to be one of them :) )
Some fans use to call us United back in those days

Always a great season when we were the champions Swannie :celeb:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:19 pm Some fans use to call us United back in those days

Always a great season when we were the champions Swannie :celeb:
up to the late 70s we also frequently used to chant UNITED ! strangely enough its never ever heard these days.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:34 pm up to the late 70s we also frequently used to chant UNITED ! strangely enough its never ever heard these days.
We did indeed

Now if the opposition is a United team & their supporters chant 'UNITED', Leeds fans generally drown the song out with United 'LEEDS' United 'LEEDS' United 'LEEDS'
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Now if the opposition is a United team & their supporters chant 'UNITED', Leeds fans generally drown the song out with United 'LEEDS' United 'LEEDS' United 'LEEDS'
...which, iirc, was Adam's handle (UnitedLeeds) there for a while. I don't know if it was before or after you joined Leon.