Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:52 pm Going to have to record this game and watch it later....that's houndies walkies time....
Dont think you can record red button games can you?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Doire_Boi
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Doire_Boi »

The two wingbacks are going to be a missive loss to us. We rely on those guys getting forward for or aggressive pressing style. I just hope whoever fills in can do even half the job. Didn't ever think I'd be as happy to see roofe back again but it will be hard for him to jump straight back in and continue his form. Jansson has been nothing short of incredible in the last few games and would be the first name on the sheet for me.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:10 pm Dont think you can record red button games can you?
Sky advertising it on the football channel Cjay.....looking at the tv schedule Chinese footy is shown at midday....you might be right....red button and no, you can't rewind, pause or replay on the red button. :x I'll have to get up earlier for houndie :shock:.....or take him later :duno: but will deffo watchnthw match :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Doire_Boi wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:36 pm The two wingbacks are going to be a missive loss to us. We rely on those guys getting forward for or aggressive pressing style. I just hope whoever fills in can do even half the job. Didn't ever think I'd be as happy to see roofe back again but it will be hard for him to jump straight back in and continue his form. Jansson has been nothing short of incredible in the last few games and would be the first name on the sheet for me.
Indeed Doire, so much so I gave Pontus 10/10 for an impeccable performance v Brentford, the first time I've ever given maximum marks since posting online twelve years ago
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bielsa's press conference starting. On the international break: "We had a group of players who needed to get some rest. Another group needed the opposite thing. The third group were the international players, who we need back."

Bielsa says Roofe, Hernandez and Berardi are all back and available for Blackburn.

Bielsa says Harrison is out of Blackburn. He has a muscular injury and will be back next week. Ayling (banned) and Douglas (hamstring) also missing

Bielsa on whether Pontus Jansson will figure, with his baby on the way: "We'll see what happens.

Bielsa on Jansson's post-match comments about Jeremy Simpson: "I would have preferred that Pontus didn't say that. The referee is a colleague of both teams. His task is very difficult. If we understand the role of the referee, we will help him."

Our role on the bench allows us more serenity. I think if Pontus had had time to think about it, he wouldn't have said the same thing. But I understand players when they make effort on the pitch and they think their treatment isn't fair."

Bielsa says he has been focusing on offensive work during the international break - on ways to open the opposition up. Says Blackburn have a "good balance between skills and being competitive

Asked Bielsa about the donation he's made to help fund a new training facility at Newell's Old boys. Says they're the "club who made me" and it's "me repaying a debt, not giving a donation.

Bielsa on whether Hernandez being back in the team could help Samuel Saiz: "Pablo has a positive influence on all of the team. Saiz is part of the team. They can be independent of each other

Saiz

Saiz up next. On his form this year compared to last: "I think this season I'm more collective. I'm less of an individual, I work more for the team. I don't score as many goals as I wish but I don't do the individual actions I used to do. I think I've improved on other aspects."

Saiz: "This year all the players are playing better. We combine better with the teammates. We have a different style of play. We always control the game. We want to be the protagonist in each game.

Saiz on whether it's difficult without Hernandez, in terms of creative responsibility: "When Pablo plays, I'm not always the player who receives the first pass. Pablo makes good movements to receive the first ball too. Of course I prefer that Pablo plays. I can have more freedom"

Saiz on the difficulties of last season: "Every year you have good moments and bad moments but when you play at Elland Road and you see all the fans supporting you, it gives you the strength to keep working and do better things.

Saiz admitted his motivation levels dropped last season when the play-offs got out of reach. Says he's been honest with himself about that. "It's a problem I can't have again."

Saiz says that last season, because opposition players didn't know him, he had more freedom. "This season I always have a marker on me. I'm always surrounded. This is football

Saiz: "I feel better because Marcelo made the whole team be more aggressive from a football point of view. We're aggressive playing football. We trust each other more. Thanks to all this is I feel more safe and I'm less aggressive - apart from the football.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Bielsa just seems to say the right things, he seems to have supported both Pontus and the ref (as he has to do) in a truly professional way.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:47 pm Sky advertising it on the football channel Cjay.....looking at the tv schedule Chinese footy is shown at midday....you might be right....red button and no, you can't rewind, pause or replay on the red button. :x I'll have to get up earlier for houndie :shock:.....or take him later :duno: but will deffo watchnthw match :)
Yessss, just take houndie earlier, or after, :)

Its annoying you cant pause them atleast.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Charlie Mulgrew fit for Blackburn, thats a blow, goal scoring defender is Mulgrew, makes Douglas look a bit wasteful.

Phillips gonna earn his money, all this "Phillips for England stuff", lets see how he copes in direct competition with the standout number 10 in the league so far.

Another lower league prospect we ignored (hello Charlie Austin and Ollie Watkins).
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:47 pm Sky advertising it on the football channel Cjay.....looking at the tv schedule Chinese footy is shown at midday....you might be right....red button and no, you can't rewind, pause or replay on the red button. :x I'll have to get up earlier for houndie :shock:.....or take him later :duno: but will deffo watchnthw match :)
Went into Sky planner to see if it said which side the game was on.

It said "multi events" on one, so i clicked it and Leeds game came up with an option to record. :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Oscar picks his team and pinpoints the blackburn dangerman.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

interesting , Stuart Dallas left back?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm assuming this is Roofe in for Harrison, which I personally don't think will work playing out of position
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

leedsmad wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am interesting , Stuart Dallas left back?
I'd assume so, or left wing back. Which would mean Beradi is playing right wing back, not a position he's played well in the past ...but nothing is as it seems in Bielsa ball
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not sure about this :(

Roofe isnt a winger and Dallas isnt a left back.

Bless Bielsa but he does have a habit of putting square pegs in round holes when round pegs are available.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

I was hoping to see Pearce given a chance at left back, also if Roofe is being put out wide then we lose him to his better, natural position.
I think putting Dallas and Berardi in at left and right backs will cost us.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:21 am Not sure about this :(

Roofe isnt a winger and Dallas isnt a left back.

Bless Bielsa but he does have a habit of putting square pegs in round holes when round pegs are available.
Agree CJay.
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

leedsmad wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 am interesting , Stuart Dallas left back?
More disappointing than interesting IMHO . Hoped he’d play Alioski at left back - shame Herdandez isn’t starting - assume he’s not 100 percent. Like others also hope Roofe not playing out of position. However who am I to disagree with the boss !
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saiz break but can't find Roofe, SW break and get into our box down our right way too easily

Corner - Roofe clears - second corner