Are the FA serious?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Are the FA serious?

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

So headbutting is okay? But a verbal outburst at the end of a game when emotions running high isn't?
They never fail to amaze me
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Are the FA serious?

Post by Haighy »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:45 pm So headbutting is okay? But a verbal outburst at the end of a game when emotions running high isn't?
They never fail to amaze me
Nor me mate !
But it is the football league.... and we are Leeds United !!
Are you suprised?
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Not surprised at all. Could see it coming from a mile off. Not hugely surprised he has been called up this as he was a silly boy and needs to keep his emotions in check. But I am more outraged that Pontus has been pulled up for this but a blatant dive and a headbutt go unpunished.
Surely the FL need to at least give the impression that they aren't corrupt.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:34 am Not surprised at all. Could see it coming from a mile off. Not hugely surprised he has been called up this as he was a silly boy and needs to keep his emotions in check. But I am more outraged that Pontus has been pulled up for this but a blatant dive and a headbutt go unpunished.
Surely the FL need to at least give the impression that they aren't corrupt.
They are a pig-headed organisation Hereford
gessa

Post by gessa »

I never get the feeling, we got away with that, ie Canos, when it comes to us, always seem to get the full punishment thrown at us.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I've always shied away from this " the EFL and FA are against us " but I have to say this whole episode is even making me think again now.
Such hypocrisy from the FA is hard to fathom. I knew Pontus would get charged, fair enough, you really cant say what he did, however true the statement was but then how on earth Canos has got away with he's actions ?! I really am staggered that an attempted head butt caught well and truly on tv camera's for all the world to see has seemingly been ignored !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Pontus had to be charged, but the club should pay any fine and that fine should be no more than a slap on the wrist. Players dive all the time, until the governing bodies grow a pair and hand out bringing the game in disrepute fines/suspensions then they really can't do anything there. The Canos thing probably needed more evidence plus the ref should have caught it at the time.

The Ref himself needs a time out, followed by a re-training course then made to work his way back up. You can't miss that much in a game like that and be called a competent referee
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am Pontus had to be charged, but the club should pay any fine and that fine should be no more than a slap on the wrist. Players dive all the time, until the governing bodies grow a pair and hand out bringing the game in disrepute fines/suspensions then they really can't do anything there. The Canos thing probably needed more evidence plus the ref should have caught it at the time.

The Ref himself needs a time out, followed by a re-training course then made to work his way back up. You can't miss that much in a game like that and be called a competent referee
Sums it all up really :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:03 am Pontus had to be charged, but the club should pay any fine and that fine should be no more than a slap on the wrist. Players dive all the time, until the governing bodies grow a pair and hand out bringing the game in disrepute fines/suspensions then they really can't do anything there. The Canos thing probably needed more evidence plus the ref should have caught it at the time.

Good post :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

In my opinion the coach who held on to the ball when Alioski was trying to retrieve it should be charged.
There was absolutely no reason for him to grab the ball and turn away from Alioski while still holding the ball.
If he had just given it straight back the scuffle and the powder puff headbutt would never had happened.

And as for Pontus getting charged, it's just a sad state of affairs when you can't speak your mind these days.
Admittedly he shouldn't have sworn but feelings were running high and he just stated that he felt that the poor refereeing decisions cost us the game.
What was he supposed to say "the referee was excellent, it was definitely a penalty"
Hopefully nothing more than a fine but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they hit him with a one game ban.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

So Pontus DOES get a one match ban. Typical EFL. Jokes on them though, he wasn't available anyway due to the birth of his child.
Interesting the timing of it, wonder what would have happened in this scenario had Pontus scored an equaliser or winner against Birmingham and then subsequently banned.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 pm So Pontus DOES get a one match ban. Typical EFL. Jokes on them though, he wasn't available anyway due to the birth of his child.
Interesting the timing of it, wonder what would have happened in this scenario had Pontus scored an equaliser or winner against Birmingham and then subsequently banned.
EFL can shove their one match ban up their backside! Pontus wouldn’t have started tomorrow so I imagine they are kicking themselves they didn’t delay the decision another 48hours
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Newport white wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:46 pm EFL can shove their one match ban up their backside! Pontus wouldn’t have started tomorrow so I imagine they are kicking themselves they didn’t delay the decision another 48hours
Think for me it's more the principal. Headbutting is fine but a verbal outburst (when running high on emotion) is a one match ban.