The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th Oct)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th Oct)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Peacock Farrell and Dallas both played 90 mins as Norther Ireland went down 1-0 against Austria.

Klitch was suspended for Poland's game against Italy and Alioski scored for Macedonia. The good news is Leeds have no new injury worries.

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary since we were last awarded a penalty!

Samu Saiz was brought down in the box in stoppage time of Leeds United's home clash against Reading.

Even more surprising, Pablo missed it!!!

Guess who pointed to the spot - Jeremy Simpson!

In a recent interview, Jack Harrison was asked where he sees himself in five years time. The 21yo declared his ambition was to be playing for Leeds in the Premier League.

“Hopefully playing for Leeds in the Premier League,”

“Honestly, I’m not looking past earning my spot in the next game.”

“It’s a massive club with a world-renowned driving force of dedicated fans and obviously with Marcelo, it seemed an opportunity for the taking. I had a few really good options, but Leeds felt right.”

Barnsley u18's beat Leeds at Thorp Arch on Saturday 2-1 to earn local bragging rights. The Whites starting line up looked like this:-

Rae, Burlace, Stanley (Shergill), Leak-Blunt, Casey, Kenneh, Hudson, Jenkins, Kumwenda, Haugland, Huggins
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th Oct)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

Thank god for Mrs Jansson & the imminent birth of their child

Jansson is the mainstay of our team/defence & he is one player we don't want to lose through injury at any stage this season

So glad Klich didn't play this weekend too !
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 am Good morning Matt & everyone

Thank god for Mrs Jansson & the imminent birth of their child

Jansson is the mainstay of our team/defence & he is one player we don't want to lose through injury at any stage this season

So glad Klich didn't play this weekend too !
Morning Leon, indeed.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone
:celeb:
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Happy monday morning everyone,

Yes, I was sitting in the West Stand level with the penalty spot when Pablo stepped up with over 90 mins on the clock. It was pretty quiet in the ground and alot of fans (like me) had the "one of those days" type feeling and of course the pen was lame! 0-1 awful game!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Morning EB1 and Everyone,

Pleased to hear no new injury worries. Add to that, Beradi and Roofe are now back in contention, it will be interesting to see what changes, if any that MB makes for the Balckburn game. We know one is enforced with Ayling being suspended, so its likely that Beradi will get straight back in.
It will be harsh on Tyler Roberts if he loses his place to Roofe, I think he has done well despite my misgivings after his first game.

The stat regarding us last being given a penalty is amazing. We must be due one soon.

Jack Harrison was obviously saying all the right things when being interviewed but he's getting a bit ahead of himself.
Firstly we have to get promoted and if we do there's no guarantee we would sign him permanently or even if Man City would release him.
But he said the right thing regarding keeping his place - young Mr Clarke is waiting in the wings.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Dalton wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:15 am Happy monday morning everyone,

Yes, I was sitting in the West Stand level with the penalty spot when Pablo stepped up with over 90 mins on the clock. It was pretty quiet in the ground and alot of fans (like me) had the "one of those days" type feeling and of course the pen was lame! 0-1 awful game!
Evening Dalton, yes I remember it well. Astonishing that we have not been awarded a penalty since.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 am Morning EB1 and Everyone,

Pleased to hear no new injury worries. Add to that, Beradi and Roofe are now back in contention, it will be interesting to see what changes, if any that MB makes for the Balckburn game. We know one is enforced with Ayling being suspended, so its likely that Beradi will get straight back in.
It will be harsh on Tyler Roberts if he loses his place to Roofe, I think he has done well despite my misgivings after his first game.

The stat regarding us last being given a penalty is amazing. We must be due one soon.

Jack Harrison was obviously saying all the right things when being interviewed but he's getting a bit ahead of himself.
Firstly we have to get promoted and if we do there's no guarantee we would sign him permanently or even if Man City would release him.
But he said the right thing regarding keeping his place - young Mr Clarke is waiting in the wings.
Evening Chilli D, Strange thing is, I wouldn't say any of our loanee's have really hit the ground running.

Harrison's had his moments, but look at Blackman and Baker- used predominantly for the u23's.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Best link for the football tonight

http://sportstream-365.com/football
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:22 pm Best link for the football tonight

http://sportstream-365.com/football
Thanks Matt ?