What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm

Just finished the Post...cracking film. It's on Netflix and worth a watch even if they are lowering quality slightly to cope. Not that I could tell
I don't like staying at home
When the moon is bleeding red
Woke up stoned in the backseat from a dream where my teeth fell out of my head
Cut it up, cut it up, yeah
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

Muppet the Cat
Manager
Manager

Post by Muppet the Cat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:26 pm

faaip wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm
Just finished the Post...cracking film. It's on Netflix and worth a watch even if they are lowering quality slightly to cope. Not that I could tell
The Muppet household was just arguing what to watch so that's a possible then faaip :tup:

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Glorious weather this week, beautiful blue skies with not a cloud in sight

Spent much time in our garden plus our hours daily walk into the wolds, complete isolation even outside

Screenshot 2020-03-27 at 19.25.25.png

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Started Alan Sugar's autobiography this afternoon ( I've only had it ten years )....I couldn't really get on with the drug smuggling Brit banged up in Bolivia's infamous San Pedro prison.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Muppet the Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:26 pm
The Muppet household was just arguing what to watch so that's a possible then faaip :tup:
Hanks at his best tbf, it's not a fun movie just a brilliantly told slice of history. For fun maybe the Last Stand with Arnie. Over the top but watchable piece of escapism
Everybody's on something here. My God send chemical best friend. Skeleton whispering in my ear

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Also Lady Bird is an excellent coming of age drama ...Nice to see Laurie Metcalf get a role she could get her teeth into

Peter in Blackpool
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Peter in Blackpool » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 pm

If everyone stayed in coronavirus would not be able to spread and people would not die.

FFS stay home and save lives

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:19 pm

Ha ha - loved that Peter

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 am

Gandalf wrote:

Diabetic ulcer. If they don't amputate, then I could lose my foot. You wouldn't think it was drastic, if you could see it.
Sorry Gandi, forgive me I just never thought of a diabetic problem - I shouldn't have asked.
Best of luck with recovery and mowing the grass old son!

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 am

I went to a REKO meet up. It is a place where local producers congregate to sell their produce... fresh from the farm. I bought 30 eggs... lovely brown ones. excellent food supply in these troubled times.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e7f26c75da ... WA0009.mp4

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Again very little..slept in till 11 ish, watched a couple of movies ...including Leisure Seeker - Mirren/Sutherland which was very bitter sweet. Beautifully acted and Mirren deserved her Golden Globe nomination for it

Muppet the Cat
Manager
Manager

Post by Muppet the Cat » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:30 pm

faaip wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm
Hanks at his best tbf, it's not a fun movie just a brilliantly told slice of history. For fun maybe the Last Stand with Arnie. Over the top but watchable piece of escapism
We did watch it and both (me/wife) enjoyed it - so thanks for the recommendation :)

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Norm wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 am
Sorry Gandi, forgive me I just never thought of a diabetic problem - I shouldn't have asked.
Best of luck with recovery and mowing the grass old son!
No need to apologise, Norm.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Post by rab_rant » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:38 am

I put 30 Columba and 30 Marabel early potatoes into an egg tray to chit. Overnight we had snow. it will be a month before I can get them in the ground.

This is Marabel which is a heavy cropper and stores well.Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:21 am

Had to work today, down in Portsmouth (no person contact)

what a delight the roads are at the moment.!!!
I'm often accused of acting like I don't care

It's not an act!!

:) :)

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:58 am

hector wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:21 am
Had to work today, down in Portsmouth (no person contact)

what a delight the roads are at the moment.!!!
Our roads are deserted here, majority of cars in driveways

A sheer delight indeed Hector!

No contact too, safety measures deployed

SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 pm

The usual routine of sitting by the fire reading, playing the guitar, or going out for a long walk.

Went to my partner's for a meal last night. We've both had the virus, we both live alone, we have no intention of being forced to cohabit. Judge me all you want. Opened a bottle of 'champagne' that turned out to be a flat and disappointing perry. Drank it anyway.

Trying to source some eyebrow waxing stuff online. I usually have them done, and I'm too squeamish to pluck. I don't intend to become wolfgirl while this madness continues.
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

rich_leeds64
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 pm

SaraM wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 pm
The usual routine of sitting by the fire reading, playing the guitar, or going out for a long walk.

Went to my partner's for a meal last night. We've both had the virus, we both live alone, we have no intention of being forced to cohabit. Judge me all you want. Opened a bottle of 'champagne' that turned out to be a flat and disappointing perry. Drank it anyway.
Trying to source some eyebrow waxing stuff online. I usually have them done, and I'm too squeamish to pluck. I don't intend to become wolfgirl while this madness continues.
Could I ask how you know you’ve both had the virus? Just curious as to the severity and effects.

SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:07 pm

rich_leeds64 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:35 pm
Could I ask how you know you’ve both had the virus? Just curious as to the severity and effects.
I had a high fever, an uncontrollable dry cough, and a respiratory attack which, combined with my asthma, required treatment with steroids. I was ill for nearly two months, I have been left with a depleted white blood count, and I am still weak and lacking in energy. I haven't been tested, but if it wasn't Covid then there are two identical viruses going about, and we need to be twice as worried.

My partner, who was with me before and during the illness, just had the sniffles and felt under the weather.

I became ill in early January. Over the Christmas period, numerous people were complaining of a mystery virus that was laying them low for several weeks. I expect, as has been suggested, that unreported cases of those who have had it and recovered would drastically alter the perceived mortality rate from infection. It is currently reported as 6% in the UK, but the more realistic figure is likely to be less than 0.1% (see the links I have posted).
In football, nothing is true, nothing is false.

1964white

Post by 1964white » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:36 pm

SaraM wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:24 pm

I truly hope you weren't spreading the virus you've had around North Yorkshire whilst in Robin Hoods Bay last week :( we are doing our best to keep whatever viruses are circulating at bay up here!

Advertisment