What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Catching up with my scouting, watching tape and reading a lot of articles ....Tidying up a few forums and doing admin work on a couple of sites. Catching up on slack. Also drafting and have been for 4 weeks, a 32 team full sim. Leading a March Madness bracket after one week, did that as a joke and now winning. Week 2 should drop me well down.

Outside - new step built out of back door, unpicked and relaid brick pavers after subsidence made them really uneven (We get a lot of subsidence round here in drives and gardens being built on Frimley Marshes, water table is just 20- 24 inches down..)

Walking my sisters dogs while she's on a dance weekend...gotta pop out and do that in a minute and twice yesterday. Then a new support for one of our water barrels in the garden needs to be done ..Also just finished some greenhouse repairs.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shopping gets done Thursday evening ...we have 9 major and big supermarkets within 5 miles. Plus aldi Lidl and M&S food hall
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

More work on budgie cages, 2 done now, and more to do..... Best get on with it before Mrs H gets a grip and bites the budgie smugglers apparently.... :)

We do shopping on a monday morning, and aim to finish by 0930...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:49 am What stores do you use 64?
I was never a fan of Tesco but they have really got their act together of late

Superb fruit & veg section with brilliant offers on fresh produce as it should be, saved ourselves a fortune this year, we can buy twice as much F&V for the price we used to pay.
Also fantastic offers on their fish, meats, cheese, yogurts, tinned fruit, etc. I love their bread too!

We use B&M for purchasing cat food (Felix/Sheba), cereals, tinned soups, coffee, Yorkshire tea, toiletries, washing powder, kitchen/toilet rolls, all quality brand names much cheaper

So as oppose to shopping at five different retailers we have cut it down to those two nowadays although we do acquire out meat from a local butcher (client of mine)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 pm More work on budgie cages, 2 done now, and more to do..... Best get on with it before Mrs H gets a grip and bites the budgie smugglers apparently.... :)

We do shopping on a monday morning, and aim to finish by 0930...
We get to Tesco's at 9.30am as they open their doors then but we are not allowed to till your items to purchase until 10am so we breeze round the aisles in more or less a empty store. By 9.50am-ish we are first in the queue with our food is on the conveyor belt ready for the cashiers to till the goods, bagged up & out within a couple of minutes, by that time Tesco has filled up considerably, onto B&M for the little shop, home by 10.30am :-D

Tesco & B&M are always well staffed so no hold-up as with other stores
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Watching wales and Daniel James price has just gone up a few million!!!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Newport white wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm Watching wales and Daniel James price has just gone up a few million!!!
Hasn't it just. What a goal....he should be a Leeds United player :x
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:32 pm I was never a fan of Tesco but they have really got their act together of late

Superb fruit & veg section with brilliant offers on fresh produce as it should be, saved ourselves a fortune this year, we can buy twice as much F&V for the price we used to pay.
Also fantastic offers on their fish, meats, cheese, yogurts, tinned fruit, etc. I love their bread too!

We use B&M for purchasing cat food (Felix/Sheba), cereals, tinned soups, coffee, Yorkshire tea, toiletries, washing powder, kitchen/toilet rolls, all quality brand names much cheaper

So as oppose to shopping at five different retailers we have cut it down to those two nowadays although we do acquire out meat from a local butcher (client of mine)
I'm a home shopper now. I used to love going to Aldi and then to Asda on my way home to pick up the things I couldn't get. But I got fed up with people reaching over my basket (and over me sometimes being only 4ft 11 :x ). It was just too busy. Then when we got houndie he was manic as a pup, and it was a nightmare trying to sort everything out. Also, I was up and down 29 steps several times (down to the house) with carrier bags....I got a bit fed up. So now the nice chaps from Asda bring me my weekly shop. ( mind you, you should see their faces when they confront the front garden for the first time. :lol: We also have an excellent butcher just up in the village.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

gessa wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am 30 minutes Ann Summers
You don't want to rush those decisions.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

This time of year I eat organic and sometimes smoke organic hemp.
Doon at fog light so I have the odd snadgie n scallions just make great soup with stuff out the gardens ,
My day is almost over by the time spoons opens ,
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Ps I divvnt do anything the pigeons wouldn't eat..they love spinach so do I
Reet a better go keep a had...liggy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

:rol: :rol: :rol:

Bless you liggy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We were hoping to head to the coast on our day off but as it felt chillier than we thought it was going to be so we decided to go more inland on the perimeters of the North Yorks Moors to Pickering, had a look around the shops & a toasted teacake & coffee before heading to Helmsley where we had a late lunch of fish & chips (delicious) in the tearoom of the Black Swan Hotel.

As it's Mothers Day this Sunday I bought a couple of presents for Jill from Casper & myself plus I managed to find some cheap CD's which I'll list on the bargain thread
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Love the North York Moors 64. Love Pickering. We went up there for our hols every year with our previous Basset. Stayed in Cropton, in a cottage in the grounds of 'The New Inn'. They have their own brewery. Nothing like a pint of their 'Yorkshire Moors' bitter.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:18 pm Love the North York Moors 64. Love Pickering. We went up there for our hols every year with our previous Basset. Stayed in Cropton, in a cottage in the grounds of 'The New Inn'. They have their own brewery. Nothing like a pint of their 'Yorkshire Moors' bitter.
Does this picture bring memories back Swannie ?

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 18.49.59.png

We are so lucky where we live Swannie

Places we often visit for a dayout :

York
Beverley
Pocklington
Scarborough
Bridlington
Filey
Robin Hoods Bay
Goathland
Whitby
Pickering
Ravenscar
Helmsley
Seamar 'The Copper Horse' :love:
plus the North Yorks Moors itself (drive & walk around taking in the views)

We're are also less than 90 minutes from the Dales

No wonder they call Yorkshire 'Gods Own County' :-D
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

What am I doing today?

Well after retracing my steps for everywhere I was on Sunday ( Petrol Station, and where we where out walking) and having searched every nook and cranny of my home and the car several times I have finally given up hope of seeing my wallet again.

Not a happy bunny.

In said wallet:

2 Bank Cards ( both cancelled now and of course I will have to spend yonks updating my details Netflix, Amazon, Paypall et all)
About £100 brick
A strip of pretty powerful opiates I kept there as a just in case.
All my loyalty cards --- I was one stamp away from a free haircut :lol:
Several top up cards.

Probably a few more things that I haven't realised yet

:flog: :flog: :flog: :flog:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 pm Does this picture bring memories back Swannie ?

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 18.49.59.png

We are so lucky where we live Swannie

Places we often visit for a dayout :

York
Beverley
Pocklington
Scarborough
Bridlington
Filey
Robin Hoods Bay
Goathland
Whitby
Pickering
Ravenscar
Helmsley
Seamar 'The Copper Horse' :love:
plus the North Yorks Moors itself (drive & walk around taking in the views)

We're are also less than 90 minutes from the Dales

No wonder they call Yorkshire 'Gods Own County' :-D
:) :) It certainly does 64. Loved our holidays there. They were really special. We used it as a base and would drive to Pickering, get the North Yorks Moors railway, get off at Goathland and walk back....or drive to Whitby, Grosmont.....well all over the moors basically. We walked miles.....then back to the New Inn for some good pub grub and a few beers. :beers:
Ps....you missed Flamborough Head off your list :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:27 pm What am I doing today?

Well after retracing my steps for everywhere I was on Sunday ( Petrol Station, and where we where out walking) and having searched every nook and cranny of my home and the car several times I have finally given up hope of seeing my wallet again.

Not a happy bunny.

In said wallet:

2 Bank Cards ( both cancelled now and of course I will have to spend yonks updating my details Netflix, Amazon, Paypall et all)
About £100 brick
Several top up cards.

:shock: :( Aw, that's such a shame Ian. I hate losing anything but a wallet holds lots of sentimentals and precious things. Not to mention the hassle of having to cancel cards and as you say, then having to update with new cards. I had my wallet pick pocketed on the London Undergrond years ago, it made me actually feel physiacally sick when I had that sudden realisation of my bag having been opened and wallet gone. I really hope it turns up for you.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:27 pm What am I doing today?

Not a happy bunny.

In said wallet:

About £100 brick
Several top up cards.

Not good Ian

Whenever I misplace my wallet or keys I always have a overwhelming panic attack within myself fearing the worse, a massive sense of relief when I find them

Good luck, hopefully your wallet will turn up
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:44 pm :) :) It certainly does 64. Loved our holidays there. They were really special. We used it as a base and would drive to Pickering, get the North Yorks Moors railway, get off at Goathland and walk back....or drive to Whitby, Grosmont.....well all over the moors basically. We walked miles.....then back to the New Inn for some good pub grub and a few beers. :beers:
Ps....you missed Flamborough Head off your list :)
We love Flamborough Head, good pub 'The Seabirds' serve really good food in the village.

I have probably missed more villages/places we enjoy on our days off