What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:32 pm Just back from a trip up to Northumberland, so catching up on washing and housey jobs. I have some new CDs and a new guitar, so music will feature at some point too.
Where did you stay & visit in Northumbria Sara ?

One of our annual holidays already booked for September, love it up there bit of a secret location
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:57 am still building breeding cages for the budgies, bad weather all year and no outside proper covered workspace means that I am way behind schedule....
Not good Hector

We've had a very mild winter here in the east, a few drops of snow, no ice, nowhere near the rain the west & south of England have endured.

We've had some beautiful days here during February & March, Jill has been gardening for her clients & our own garden is looking superb too. I've also taken my work outside several days, intending to be brown before our holiday in St Ives in the summer, I don't want to look like a white blob standing out like a sore thumb amongst the sun-drenched locals 8-)
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:50 pm Not good Hector

We've had a very mild winter here in the east, a few drops of snow, no ice, nowhere near the rain the west & south of England have endured.

We've had some beautiful days here during February & March, Jill has been gardening for her clients & our own garden is looking superb too. I've also taken my work outside several days, intending to be brown before our holiday in St Ives in the summer, I don't want to look like a white blob standing out like a sore thumb amongst the sun-drenched locals 8-)
Aye we have had it a bit moist down here..

Just finishing the first double breeding cage.... 2nd is half done, then I have another 2 doubles, 2 singles, and 2 cockatiel cages to do, all before the end of the month....... told Mrs H it ain't gonna happen, so just wait for the fallout :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:28 pm Where did you stay & visit in Northumbria Sara ?

One of our annual holidays already booked for September, love it up there bit of a secret location
https://www.holyislandcrown.co.uk/

Stayed at the Crown and Anchor on Holy Island. I used to live there, so happily spent the week on the island, but the whole area is lovely. Very underpopulated due to the border wars historically, and under appreciated, probably due to its location.

Do you have a favourite spot?
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

I'm going to shed my clothes and swim laps once the water temperature is up to 20.5 Celsius. Then I'm going to plug in the amp and practice on my guitar. Then I'm going to watch Saracens v. Harlequins. And anything else that comes to mind because me and the dog have the house to ourselves until the resident Ms. comes back from her sister's place.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 am Whether Leeds are playing or not I will be working on our garden as it is a lovely day here

Screenshot 2019-03-23 at 10.28.25.png
Reading Leon's later post regarding clients, is gardening what you do as a job Jill?
Your garden looks lovely by the way
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:32 pm Just back from a trip up to Northumberland, so catching up on washing and housey jobs. I have some new CDs and a new guitar, so music will feature at some point too.
Thought you hadn't been around for a while. Hope you had a good time.
Welcome back :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:00 pm Reading Leon's later post regarding clients, is gardening what you do as a job Jill?
Your garden looks lovely by the way
Yes Swannie only on a very small scale, she is a excellent gardener
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:04 pm Yes Swannie only on a very small scale, she is a excellent gardener
Can she bring her gardening tackle when you come down to Ipswich then :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:29 pm https://www.holyislandcrown.co.uk/

Stayed at the Crown and Anchor on Holy Island I used to live there, so happily spent the week on the island, but the whole area is lovely. Very underpopulated due to the border wars historically, and under appreciated, probably due to its location.

Do you have a favourite spot?
Very impressed Sara looking at their website

We stay in a apartment owned & next to the iconic pub The Old Ship in Seahouses which overlooks the North Sea from all five windows with views of the Farne Islands. Excellent food in the Old Ship plus they serve a hearty breakfast. A couple of decent Italian/Indian restaurants in Seahouses as well

We must visit the Holy Island next time. Our favourite spots are Craster, Bamburgh, Low Newton by the Sea, Beadnell Bay & a shopping day at Berwick-On-Tweed. The Jolly Fisherman in Craster is a favourite haunt for us as with a couple of other pub/restaurants in the local villages

The natives are very friendly too !

Also so easy to drive around Northumberland similar to where we live in in East Yorks.

A very peaceful holiday
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:05 pm Thought you hadn't been around for a while. Hope you had a good time.
Welcome back :)
Thank you! Yes, I've been staring wistfully out to sea all week, so I've got some catching up to do. Fortunately I haven't missed any football!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:33 pm Very impressed Sara looking at their website

We must visit the Holy Island next time. Our favourite spots are Craster, Bamburgh, Low Newton by the Sea, Beadnell Bay & a shopping day at Berwick-On-Tweed. The Jolly Fisherman in Craster is a favourite haunt for us as with a couple of other pub/restaurants in the local villages
All great spots! I love the feeling on Lindisfarne when the tide crosses the causeway, and you are cut off from the rest of the world for the next few hours.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Been flitting about today. Nipped to Asda, recycled glass bottles, done some cleaning, bit of gardening, currently making a Royal Chicken Korma for tea :-) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm Been flitting about today. Nipped to Asda recycled glass bottles, done some cleaning, bit of gardening, currently making a Royal Chicken Korma for tea :-) :bear:
Weekly grocery shop early on Sunday mornings for us

Using two stores we have got it down to a tee as we complete our shop in 40 minutes :-D
gessa

Post by gessa »

10 minutes Tesco
30 minutes Ann Summers
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am 10 minutes Tesco
30 minutes Ann Summers
Funny enough mate I've only been in a Ann Summers store once in my life, I had to depart swiftly as I couldn't stop giggling like a little innocent schoolboy :roflmao:
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Smashing a flat up on burden tce bedlington
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 am Smashing a flat up on burden tce bedlington
Liggy returns with a bang :-D hope the owners don't mind mate
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:20 am Weekly grocery shop early on Sunday mornings for us

Using two stores we have got it down to a tee as we complete our shop in 40 minutes :-D
What stores do you use 64?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 am 10 minutes Tesco
30 minutes Ann Summers
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"