Leeds United Under-23's thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United Under-23's thread

Post by The Subhuman »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:29 pm Scored again. Fly him up to ER to play last 30 mins.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Low FK around the wall apparently
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Beat Notts County 2-1 in the PL Cup. Brown (pen) and Edmondson with the goals. Dallas and Berardi played 30 mins.

Surely Brown deserves to feature at some point v Bolton now? Not sure what else he needs to do.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United 2 (Brown pen 31, Edmondson 87)

Notts County 1 (Patching 57)

Brown played the full 90 mins, Berardi and Dallas 30 mins

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 23.25.18.png
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

SG90 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm Beat Notts County 2-1 in the PL Cup. Brown (pen) and Edmondson with the goals. Dallas and Berardi played 30 mins.

Surely Brown deserves to feature at some point v Bolton now? Not sure what else he needs to do.
Reckon we'll see him if Clarke isn't available. Bielsa is notoriously loyal, so can't see Roofe or Bamford getting dropped, but he might get a run out as a sub - hopefully when we're out of sight already so that there's less pressure on him.

He must have played 4 of the 6-7 Bielsa mentioned he needed...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

SG90 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm Beat Notts County 2-1 in the PL Cup. Brown (pen) and Edmondson with the goals. Dallas and Berardi played 30 mins.

MB has stated on several occasions he wanted Brown to play 6 to 8 matches. Last thing we want is him to get another injury. I would have thought though that we would likely see him getting 20 to 30 minutes in the next league match as he must be close to getting the minutes under his belt that MB wanted.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Not saying he should start, just bring him on with 20 to go. Roberts hasn't offered much recently and I'd rather give Brown a chance.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

He'll probably play again on Monday then IF Leeds are doing well against Bolton I'd expect to see him for the last 10 mins.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

New deal for Clark Odour, another very exciting prospect, adds another year
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:45 pm New deal for Clark Odour, another very exciting prospect, adds another year
"Oduor"
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:45 pm New deal for Clark Odour, another very exciting prospect, adds another year
That followed Robbie Gotts signing an extension. Getting these names tied down for an extra year (with 1 year extension options)
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

U23's v Bolton 1pm today at Elland Road. Live on the LUFC App.

Peacock-Farrell, Hosannah, Oduor, Diaz (c), Berardi, Halme, Dallas, Gotts, Brown, Kamwa, Edmondson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Halme looks class,
Diaz with a lovely ball for our first (I think) Stevens puts it away
Gotts makes it 2-0
Brown played a half, was at one point limping (knee) but ran it off
One half too for Beradi and Dallas

Gotts looks championship quality at the very least, Halme is such a good footballer, Diaz is quality, Oduor is good going forward.

Not sure why all the negativity here when we have this much talent.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 pm Not sure why all the negativity here when we have this much talent.
Yeah but Bielsa and Orta won't have any idea that we have talented players already at the club playing the same way as the first team and being able to slot in straightaway when needed. Much better to pay a few million to sign that player who had a few good matches 3 years ago and will be on £30k a week and won't really fit into the way we play.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So true
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Seen this before with the U23's. We play 3 first teamers coming back from injury in the first half, and we look uncordinated. Take off the 3 at half time and put three more youngsters on, and we suddenly look the part. Two great goals from Stevens and Gotts, both lovely passes from Diaz. Alfie McCalmont looks to be a real player. There is so much talent with these youngsters.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:06 pm Seen this before with the U23's. We play 3 first teamers coming back from injury in the first half, and we look uncordinated. Take off the 3 at half time and put three more youngsters on, and we suddenly look the part. Two great goals from Stevens and Gotts, both lovely passes from Diaz. Alfie McCalmont looks to be a real player. There is so much talent with these youngsters.
Stands to reason though as the youngsters will know each other's ways of playing more so the understanding will be better, plus the first teamers will be rusty and probably more concerned with not getting injured than winning a glorified friendly.

The future looks very rosy contrary to public opinion.
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Where is Mateusz Bogusz(sp?) ? Not on U23 line up or not yet ready to play ?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

LUFC_BOS wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 pm Where is Mateusz Bogusz(sp?) ? Not on U23 line up or not yet ready to play ?
Injured unfortunately. After signing his contract at Leeds he walked under a ladder, that a painter was using to paint a new club crest in the corridor, and a open tin of paint fell on him causing him to momentarily panic and trip up over Lucky, Doris the cleaner's black cat, and fall down 13 stairs. He did escape unhurt but was then crushed by the weight of expectation.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

pair of gorgeous assists from Diaz playing in the Phillips role I think

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1130843050443321&t=2
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:51 pm Injured unfortunately. After signing his contract at Leeds he walked under a ladder, that a painter was using to paint a new club crest in the corridor, and a open tin of paint fell on him causing him to momentarily panic and trip up over Lucky, Doris the cleaner's black cat, and fall down 13 stairs. He did escape unhurt but was then crushed by the weight of expectation.
:lol:

I can imagine that he's getting fit/used to the system? He's only 17 and will need to be up to speed before we drop him in, surely?