The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 26th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 26th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Popey has revealed that Companies House documents show that the "old" (LUFC parent company owned by Bates) will finally be liquidated in about 6 months with circa £11.5m of creditors left unpaid.

I guess Bates had taken out a voluntary agreement with the creditor (PVA) to pay back a percentage of money owed, and after a set time (in this case 10 years), the debt is written off!

Dn8J1aiWkAI6BuU.jpg
Dn8J1aiWkAI6BuU.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 1665 times

Izzy Brown cannot wait to get started for Leeds. “After watching the lads during the matches I just want to get out onto the pitch and play but I know I’ve got to wait for my time and hopefully do everything right, get stronger everyday and be back before anyone knows it.”

I'd expect to see him play at least for the u23's in October, whilst he regains his fitness!

Aapo Halme may have endured a difficult start to his Leeds career, suffering a serious foot injury shortly after being signed in January, but the Finnish U21 International is certainly making up for lost time now.

He received glowing reports from fans after their recent defeat at Bolton.

The 6-5 central defender would certainly come in handy later this season.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 26th Sept)

Post by Chilli D »

Good morning EB1 and everyone

I think that's very sad for those who are still owed money. It may have even forced some company's to fold as a result. Always a messy business chasing money whatever the situation.

If Izzy Brown is back playing as soon as October that will be excellent news. With Kemar Roofe not too far away as well thinking are looking up from an attacking point of view.

I've not seen anything of Aapo Halme but I remember seeing that he was highly regarded in Finland when he signed for us.
If he looked good against Bolton, again this can only be good news not just for the U23's but also for the senior squad should we suffer a defensive crisis.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

As I posted yesterday Halme & Gott were our standout players v Bolton
gessa

Post by gessa »

As Chilli said, really feel for all the businesses that lost out to the Bates failures, something he has a record for over the years, how he gets fit personed is beyond me, from the days he took the people of Ireland for millions , he is nothing but a crook and shyster.

Nice to read that Brown is chomping at the bit, ready to go, sooner the better.

I think Halme is one the powers that be had high hopes for, can see him on the bench sooner rather thsn later.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:04 am Good morning EB1 and everyone

I think that's very sad for those who are still owed money. It may have even forced some company's to fold as a result. Always a messy business chasing money whatever the situation.

If Izzy Brown is back playing as soon as October that will be excellent news. With Kemar Roofe not too far away as well thinking are looking up from an attacking point of view.

I've not seen anything of Aapo Halme but I remember seeing that he was highly regarded in Finland when he signed for us.
If he looked good against Bolton, again this can only be good news not just for the U23's but also for the senior squad should we suffer a defensive crisis.

Chilli
Good Afternoon Chilli D

Regarding Izzy Brown, he comes across as being quite naturally fit, so it wouldn't take him so long to get as match fit as someone like for instance Paddy Kenny!!! :roflmao:

I'm excited by Halme, he looks comfortable on the ball too. I can see him leap frogging Shaughnessy soon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:27 am Good morning Matt & everyone

As I posted yesterday Halme & Gott were our standout players v Bolton
Afternoon Leon, one of the second half subs got a really good report too....
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:36 am As Chilli said, really feel for all the businesses that lost out to the Bates failures, something he has a record for over the years, how he gets fit personed is beyond me, from the days he took the people of Ireland for millions , he is nothing but a crook and shyster.

Nice to read that Brown is chomping at the bit, ready to go, sooner the better.

I think Halme is one the powers that be had high hopes for, can see him on the bench sooner rather thsn later.
Afternoon Gessa, yrs, I agree with you regarding Halme
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:36 am I think Halme is one the powers that be had high hopes for, can see him on the bench sooner rather than later.
Looked very good mate :tup: