Time for a change . . .

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Time for a change . . .

Post by Cjay »

In tactics?

Without wanting to get hysterical our recent form is cause for concern.

While you could argue a point at The Den and against Boro wasnt to bad, the loss vs Birmingham was.

If you include the Cup game vs Preston thats 1 win in 5.

Admittedly its also only 2 defeats in 5.

But its a worry.

Vs Birmingham we improved greatly once we took off Philips and switched to the famous 3-3-1-3 formation.

Philips wasnt doing well, but the tactical switch brought a noticeable improvement.

Our two wing backs for the game actually statistically were our best attacking threat.

All our shots on target came from Alioski and Dallas.

Is it time to try this formation for a full match?
Back 3 of Ayling Jansson and Cooper.
Dallas and Ali wing backs
Forshaw as the holding midfielder.
Klich as number 10.
Roberts through the middle.
Harrison and Saiz either side of him?

While its to early to panic, it isnt to early to be concerned.

Perhaps the reason Birmingham struggled is because they hadnt planned for the legendary formation.

Why would they, we havent used it.

Wednesday will be a tough test, why not try something different.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Time for a change . . .

Post by 1964white »

Same starting team as Brum, so Alioski & Phillips starts for me

Phillips was supreme at Norwich after being hauled off at Swansea

Three important blocks/headers that saved us from conceding goals & some sublime balls into the channels, one of them leading to a goal.

Alioski starts until Hernandez is fit, then his place maybe questionable
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 pm Same starting team as Brum, so Alioski & Phillips starts for me

Phillips was supreme at Norwich after being hauled off at Swansea

Three important blocks/headers that saved us from conceding goals & some sublime balls into the channels, one of them leading to a goal.

Alioski starts until Hernandez is fit, then his place maybe questionable
Not for me, there should be consequences for poor performances and rewards for good ones.

Philips was poor vs Birmingham, bouncing back vs Norwich is fine, no guarantees it would happen again. He wasnt alone in being poor for the first 30mins or so but things improved with his pull and the change it caused.

Im no Dallas fan but he earned a chance vs Birmingham.

Id like to see us do something different against Wednesday.

We cant afford many more slip ups and definitely cant be as poor vs Wednesday till the change as we were vs Birmingham.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think Senor Bielsa has stated today that there will be no changes to the line up v Wednesday so barring an injury between now and then it's as we were.
There may however be some changes on the bench. If Roofe and Beradi are fit enough for a place I expect Edmondson and Pearce will be the ones to drop out.
I would take a draw at Wednesday even though it will most probably cost us top spot come 5pm on Saturday.
I think any Leeds fan is right to be a bit concerned as three of the last four league games (Boro, Millwall and B'Ham) haven't been great.
But despite that we remain top.
The thing about the championship is that on any given day anyone can beat anyone. There is very fine margins between the whole division.
That's what make it so exciting (and nerve wracking when we play).
I have a feeling we will be much improved on Friday.
Look at Stoke, they were expected to romp through the division but find themselves in the bottom half. Wolves were the exception last season, they were cut above everyone else.
Hopefully we can do what they did, and start pissing with the big boys again next season.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I like the fact Bielsa is keen on keeping the same starting 11 as in the past we’ve been too quick to drop players, it shows faith in his players and his tactics as long as we keep up the good start to the season then long may it continue Bielsa’s been around long and successful enough to know more than me so in Bielsa we trust :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:24 pm I like the fact Bielsa is keen on keeping the same starting 11 as in the past we’ve been too quick to drop players, it shows faith in his players and his tactics as long as we keep up the good start to the season then long may it continue Bielsa’s been around long and successful enough to know more than me so in Bielsa we trust :tup: :tup: :tup:
So Phillips starts :shirtw: and why not as Bielsa isn't blaming KP
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:35 pm So Phillips starts :shirtw: and why not as Bielsa isn't blaming KP
:tup: :tup: :-D
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't