Away Days

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Away Days

Post by Cjay »

Bad day at the office yesterday :(

On another day BPF saves that 1st, Phillips pass isnt intercepted, Cooper scores his free header, Lee Camp spills Alio's shot which is then tapped in and Camp doesnt make that great save to deny Dallas.

But, all those things didnt happen, Birmingham were dogged and they won.

Next up Sheffield Wednesday away.

In good form the Wendies.

13 points from there last 6, unbeaten at home, 2 wins and 2 draws, good win at Villa yesterday.

Not an easy game.

But we dont panic :)

You know who would be unbeaten at home had they not played us, Derby.

You know which team suffered there biggest home league defeat for 2 seasons against us this season, Norwich. (They were in the Prem, Spurs beat them 3-0).

You know one team who got a draw at Hillsborough, Stoke, we battered Stoke.

We got a point at The Den and had the chances to win it :love:

Played 4
Won 2
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Scored 10
Conceded 4
Goal difference 6+

Only Swansea, Bolton and Blackburn match our away points total, all 3 have played an away game more and nobody is close to our goal difference.
Bristol City are next on +2

Carrow Road, Pride Park, The Liberty and The Den.

Wont be many sides unbeaten having gone to those 4 grounds.

Wednesday are in good form, they will attack, thats how they play.

They wont sit back, there fans will expect them to attack.

Millwall, Boro, Birmingham, big, physical and defensive.

Wednesday at home may be physical, they wont be defensive.

We can beat them :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Away Days

Post by lufc1304 »

Great post, Cjay, good to see the majority of us can remain positive despite a setback. We were always going to lose at some point, rather do that now instead of at the business end of the season. Bad day at the office, too many didn't really play as they can but hugely refreshing from Bielsa holding his hands up and taking the blame. Feckingarse should take note, that's how you get the best out of players, not basically saying they're s**t. Wednesday will play an open game, that should suit us. I'd love all 3 but a point would be a good point. Onwards and upwards
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 pm Great post, Cjay, good to see the majority of us can remain positive despite a setback. We were always going to lose at some point, rather do that now instead of at the business end of the season. Bad day at the office, too many didn't really play as they can but hugely refreshing from Bielsa holding his hands up and taking the blame. Feckingarse should take note, that's how you get the best out of players, not basically saying they're s**t. Wednesday will play an open game, that should suit us. I'd love all 3 but a point would be a good point. Onwards and upwards
I remain very positive Nick

The unbeaten run had to come to an end at some stage, now the bounce-back factor comes into play.

Now lets go stuff the Owls :scar1
gessa

Post by gessa »

After getting 5 points from the last 4 games, we really need to beat Wednesday if we want to be in the top 2, only 3 points now between us and 7th, we can't afford too many dropped points in the coming games.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

lufc1304 wrote:
Great post, Cjay, good to see the majority of us can remain positive despite a setback. We were always going to lose at some point, rather do that now instead of at the business end of the season. Bad day at the office, too many didn't really play as they can but hugely refreshing from Bielsa holding his hands up and taking the blame. Feckingarse should take note, that's how you get the best out of players, not basically saying they're s**t. Wednesday will play an open game, that should suit us. I'd love all 3 but a point would be a good point. Onwards and upwards
VG post Nick - fine precis
Over to you Mr. Bielsa
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Got to remain positive, as I’ve said better to lose to a team lower down the league than one of our rivals at the top, a reaction like my Home town team would be fine, lost 6-nil at Home last week and won 1-nil away to a top 6 team yesterday! That’s a great response and I’m positive we can do it, also my lad is traveling up Friday (I’m on holidays) and we rarely lose when we are present!! MOT
gessa

Post by gessa »

Newport white wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 pm Got to remain positive, as I’ve said better to lose to a team lower down the league than one of our rivals at the top, a reaction like my Home town team would be fine, lost 6-nil at Home last week and won 1-nil away to a top 6 team yesterday! That’s a great response and I’m positive we can do it, also my lad is traveling up Friday (I’m on holidays) and we rarely lose when we are present!! MOT
Hope you're right mate.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Newport white wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 pm Got to remain positive, as I’ve said better to lose to a team lower down the league than one of our rivals at the top, a reaction like my Home town team would be fine, lost 6-nil at Home last week and won 1-nil away to a top 6 team yesterday! That’s a great response and I’m positive we can do it, also my lad is traveling up Friday (I’m on holidays) and we rarely lose when we are present!! MOT
Normal service to resume on Friday then NW :scar1 :shirtw: :scarfe2:
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:59 pm Normal service to resume on Friday then NW :scar1 :shirtw: :scarfe2:
Absolutely 😃
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 pm Great post, Cjay, good to see the majority of us can remain positive despite a setback. We were always going to lose at some point, rather do that now instead of at the business end of the season. Bad day at the office, too many didn't really play as they can but hugely refreshing from Bielsa holding his hands up and taking the blame. Feckingarse should take note, that's how you get the best out of players, not basically saying they're s**t. Wednesday will play an open game, that should suit us. I'd love all 3 but a point would be a good point. Onwards and upwards
Great post :)

Good to see a manager holding his hands up in public, do hope he isnt letting the players off, would imagine in private he would have some stern words.

He may have made an error but they to let him down and hopefully he lets them know that and we bounce back.

Think we need 3 points, just as a marker, to restore some confidence and to show character.

Promotion chasers win after a loss, lets see what we are made of.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom