The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

Patrick Bamford has been talking to Popey about his relief that he does not have to undergo the knife.

This will be the difference between 4 months out of action or 9 months out of action.

Fortunatly the posterior cruciate ligament damage which the 25yo sustained in the 5-0 thrashing of Bristol City did not need surgey, meaning Bamford should be back in action early in the New Year.

Ex Welsh legend Craig Bellamy has been speaking on the Sky Sports Debate Programme about Leeds!

“I’ve been very impressed from day one when they beat Stoke in the opening game,” Bellamy told the Debate programme (45:50). “Leeds are such a big club, they need to be in the Premier League. It’s been messy over the years, the managers that have come in, the signings…I’ve seen one or two players for Leeds and thought, ‘they can’t play for Leeds, they’re not Leeds players, this is Leeds United’.

“In the summer they went and got Bielsa. I was shocked. Bielsa is the holy grail and what we believe coaching is. Bielsa is that type of guy who does projects no one else does.”

Does Tyler Roberts deserve to start against Birmingham? 2 goals in 2 games - not bad a all especially when you consider Ekuban got one goal in 20 appearances!

Same question about Foreshaw. He is fit to start?

Leeds United are keeping tabs on Kasimpasa star striker Mbaye Diagne, according to reports in Turkey.

Leeds, Hull and Bournemouth were all eyeing up the 26-year-old during the Summer but interest cooled down over problems with a work permit.

Turkish-Football now report that Leeds scouts have been monitoring Diagne this season. They are expected to be attendance when Kasimpasa host Alanyaspor in the Turkish Super Lig this weekend.

Diagne has recently applied for an EU passport after spending several years in Italy and that could see paperwork sorted in time for the January transfer window.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 21st Sept)

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

Hopefully Bamford will be fit for our 2019 run-in

Many pundits/players/opposition fans are talking about Leeds right now & why not we were are playing premiership style football similar to Wolves & Fulham last season, I would say we look stronger than the Cottagers tbh

Tyler Roberts will start on Saturday & v Sheff Wed the following Friday

No Forshaw isn't fit to start, if he was who would he replace ?
gessa

Post by gessa »

Morning all

Good news on Bamford.

Bellamy is correct.

Even if he hadn't scored those goals, Roberts would still be starting tomorrow. Will be the same team unless any injuries.
Forshaw will have to bide his time, expect to see him for the last 10-15 minutes each game nothing more presently.

We'd have a squad of 100 if we signed all the players the press link us with.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Forshaw, agreed, will have to bide his time. He's the cover for Phillips right now though, maybe Klich.

At full strength for me

BPF
Ayling
Beradi
Cooper
Douglas
Phillips
Klich
Saiz
Hernandez
Alioski
Roofe

B team

Blackman
Shackleton
Jansson
Shaugnessy
Pearce
Forshaw
Baker
Brown (when fit)
Harrison
Dallas
Roberts

That second team could probably give our first team a hell of a game...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:26 am Forshaw, agreed, will have to bide his time. He's the cover for Phillips right now though, maybe Klich.

At full strength for me

BPF
Ayling
Beradi
Cooper
Douglas
Phillips
Klich
Saiz
Hernandez
Alioski
Roofe

B team

Blackman
Shackleton
Jansson
Shaugnessy
Pearce
Forshaw
Baker
Brown (when fit)
Harrison
Dallas
Roberts

That second team could probably give our first team a hell of a game...
When you see our first team squad listed like that, we look to be in pretty good shape (and you've found no place for Bamford!). Unless the wheels come off spectacularly, I can't see us doing much, if any business in January.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Left Bamford off as he's basically probably done for the best part of the season, I'm hoping Brown is only 4-6 weeks away. There's 3/4 U23's that are very close too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Good news regarding Bamford. He'll need at least a month to get back to some sort of fitness level, with a few games with the U23's no doubt so I doubt he will be ready for first team selection until mid-February.

I like Craig Bellamy for his honesty, he's always said what he believes to be true even it upset people.

Tyler Roberts will definitely start on Saturday and rightly so. I didn't think he did much for the first 60 minutes against Preston but he kept going and was rewarded with 2 goals. I said after the Millwall game that he had got himself into scoring positions even though he didn't take them. Against Preston he had less chances but took two of them. That's the life of a forward, some days it happens for you, some it doesn't.

When you look at the 22 (plus Bamford) listed by Faaip you realise we do have a strong squad and there's no mention of Edmondson or Clarke either both of whom will have a part to play this season at some point I think.
Other squads are also strong (West Brom in particular) but we have BIELSA they don't.

Chilli
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:37 am Good morning Matt & everyone

Hopefully Bamford will be fit for our 2019 run-in

Many pundits/players/opposition fans are talking about Leeds right now & why not we were are playing premiership style football similar to Wolves & Fulham last season, I would say we look stronger than the Cottagers tbh

Tyler Roberts will start on Saturday & v Sheff Wed the following Friday

No Forshaw isn't fit to start, if he was who would he replace ?
Afternoon Leon, with Bielsa at the helm, it seems that Leeds have suddenly become very fashionable to compliment, even follow!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:17 pm Afternoon Leon, with Bielsa at the helm, it seems that Leeds have suddenly become very fashionable to compliment, even follow!!!
He is god in my eyes Matt :)

Should he ever leave Leeds my positivity would drop like a stone