Sky Loves LUFC

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Sky Loves LUFC

Post by Ratscoot »

A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: Sky Loves LUFC

Post by lufc1304 »

Love this, and the fact that teddies are being thrown out of prams all over the place!! Fact is, we're a crowd puller for Sky; either our own fans who can't get to games, or opposition fans hoping to see us get pasted. All the moaners need to accept that Leeds v anyone is a bigger draw than practically any other EFL game
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Hahaha that is class. Love it. Love sky or hate them for changing fixtures etc,,, for fans like me who dont live in Leeds or even in England I dont get to many game ever so I LOVE the fact sky stick us on so often, we are a huge brand for sky and the rating MUST prove that. Saying that I get that its a pain in the ass for the supporters who have to change arrangements for the TV games. :)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Sky want people to watch the live championship games so they will always give preference to the teams with big home crowds and who take up their full allocation for away games. Step forward Leeds United.
All the Ipswich fans down here moan that they are only on Sky twice a season, Norwich home and away, but that's because both games are a full house and there is massive rivalry between them so it creates a hostile atmosphere.
You only have to look at the QPR v Millwall game on Wednesday night, it was dire even though it was a London Derby.
I expect us to be Sky's main game for most if not all games against both Sheffield sides, Aston Villa, West Brom, Derby, Stoke and Swansea. Plus any other un-fancied teams in the top 6.
We are the championship's big draw for Sky- fact....but hopefully not for much longer
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LevLeeds wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 am Hahaha that is class. Love it. Love sky or hate them for changing fixtures etc,,, for fans like me who dont live in Leeds or even in England I dont get to many game ever so I LOVE the fact sky stick us on so often, we are a huge brand for sky and the rating MUST prove that. Saying that I get that its a pain in the ass for the supporters who have to change arrangements for the TV games. :)
Thanks Lev

SKY show no consideration to the travelling fans, up at 4am or arriving home gone 4am because of their fixture changes. I do understand why SKY choose many of our games though.

So much easier sitting at home or down at the pub over a few beers

Some may say we get a raw deal, I don't think so as I'd rather watch live football anyday than on the telly. Streams do my head in tbh, I suppose they are better than nothing!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Some may say we get a raw deal, I don't think so as I'd rather watch live football anyday than on the telly. Streams do my head in tbh, I suppose they are better than nothing!
Kudos to you Leon - you've been consistent about that, although I realise rescheduling must be a real problem at times.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

after tomorrows game we are on actually on live 7 out of the next 8 games. great for supporters who live far and away not to mention the expense of it all but like many others i also fully understand the frustrations of our loyal fans with the fixture and time changes. not easy. travelling up tomorrow for the game and with the train fare , match ticket , beer , nosh , bus and taxi fares will be well over hundred quid. thankfully thanks to sky the next few weeks ill be in me armchair with slippers and a full wallet lol.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:58 pm Kudos to you Leon - you've been consistent about that, although I realise rescheduling must be a real problem at times.
A pain in the ar*e we have to unfortunately live with in modern football Norm
gessa

Post by gessa »

On 3 more times

Away to Villa moved to Sunday 23/12 1.30
Away to Forest new years day 3pm
Home to Derby Fri 11th Jan 7.45

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... s-and-more
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Is it any wonder why fans don't go watch live football :(
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Unfortunately, when you get to the EPL, many of those teams don't need big crowds - look at Bournemouth.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:49 am Unfortunately, when you get to the EPL, many of those teams don't need big crowds - look at Bournemouth.
Bournemouth directors have desperately been trying to increase their capacity at Dean Court but as they don't own the ground they've had difficulties negotiating with the landlords. The Cherries board are looking are now intending to move their club to a site in the Kings Park area of the town.

My brother has lived in Bournemouth (now in the Poole area) for the last forty years, he informs me many football fans in that area struggle to acquire tickets for matches at Dean Court so AFC Bournemouth are now looking to build a new 20k+ capacity stadium

Bournemouth was my step-father's team, sadly he never saw them play above the third division, he'd be so proud of his local club now