your first leeds utd game live

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

your first leeds utd game live

Post by leic white 63 »

mine was at filbert street 74 , 2-2 seems like yesterday ! a cheeky billy free kick kept our unbeaten run intack :) went to the reverse fixture at 1-1 as a birthday treat.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: your first leeds utd game live

Post by Clacton White »

Not exactly sure but would be around 1977/78 - WBA ( maybe even '76) at the Hawthorns . First Elland Rd - 1678 v WBA , lost 1-3 on my bloody birthday . I believe Stephenson got the Leeds goal putting Leeds ahead . Went downhill after that , also that day I vividly remember Spurs losing at Anfield 7-0 .
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

Not 100% sure but Sep91 away to Chelsea on our Championship Year!!!! Mugged them 1-0 with Carl Shutt header!
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Fratton Park. Think it was 1986.

Pompey were top of the table. We were bottom half.

We won 3-2. A brace from Ritchie, one from Baird I recall.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

10th March 1962 - Leeds United 2 Swansea Town 0 - Bobby Collins (on his debut) and Billy McAdams. I did go to another game 3 or 4 years earlier, when I was 6, but I have no clue who we were playing or the score. I can only remember a giant John Charles tousling my hair before the match.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

30th March 1964 - Leeds 3-1 Grimsby Town

The season we were promoted to Division 1. Billy Bremner scored & became an instant boyhood hero.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

30 September 1972 (had to google the exact date), I knew it must have been 72/73.

At home to Liverpool and we lost 1 -2

I do remember that I didn't even see our goal - but have seen it a good few times on youtube since, a Mick Jones overhead effort (albeit not quite with the finesse of a Bale or Ronaldo overhead).

I do remember that having gone to the game the first thing on my Xmas list for that year was a pair of '7' (Lorimer was always my favourite player) sock ties.................and to be fair Santa came up trumps !! :-D

:moggy:
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

blimey some right old farts on here :) :)

gandalf and 64 white, it must have been a real privilege to see players like collins, charles etc play. real hall of fame those fellas .
keep em coming .
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm blimey some right old farts on here :) :)

gandalf and 64 white, it must have been a real privilege to see players like collins, charles etc play. real hall of fame those fellas .
keep em coming .
As long as they arent name dropping ala Tony Blair and Jackie Milburn! :)
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Dalton wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm As long as they arent name dropping ala Tony Blair and Jackie Milburn! :)
:)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm blimey some right old farts on here :) :)

keep em coming .
We were the lucky ones '63 :) Leeds United played a massive part in my very happy childhood, they still do !

I missed seeing John Charles play unfortunately. Did say hello to the big fella at one of our Champions League matches, still a hero with the old farts at Juventus :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

Was somewhere around 1975, no idea who, 4 of us hitchiked from school in Skipton, and were just so taken in by the atmoshpere, went to the kop in the middle and stood behind a concrete wall above some stairs.... I know we scored because we got crush against the wall several times... the next time we went, we decided the back of the kop was the place to be, and starting the surges rather than be crushed by them....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:40 am 30 September 1972 (had to google the exact date), I knew it must have been 72/73.

At home to Liverpool and we lost 1 -2

I do remember that I didn't even see our goal - but have seen it a good few times on youtube since, a Mick Jones overhead effort (albeit not quite with the finesse of a Bale or Ronaldo overhead).

I do remember that having gone to the game the first thing on my Xmas list for that year was a pair of '7' (Lorimer was always my favourite player) sock ties.................and to be fair Santa came up trumps !! :-D

:moggy:
Remember it well Cat, cracking goal from my favourite No.9. Lloyd & Boersma scored for the scousers.

Rarely missed a home game once I was hooked in the 1963/64 season

Hot Shot Lorimer eh ! I use to love his celebratory clap in the air where he seem to miss his hands

Loved the stocking tabs too mate
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:29 pm Was somewhere around 1975, no idea who, 4 of us hitchiked from school in Skipton, and were just so taken in by the atmoshpere, went to the kop in the middle and stood behind a concrete wall above some stairs.... I know we scored because we got crush against the wall several times... the next time we went, we decided the back of the kop was the place to be, and starting the surges rather than be crushed by them....
Those surges Hector, never worried me as a kid/teenager, it would frighten the living daylights out of me now
gessa

Post by gessa »

I think it was.

Away Aston Villa August 1975.
1-2 win for us.

Remember Ray Graydon hitting one straight in the centre of the goal, how he caught it I dont know, as the ball ended up as a throw in for us by the corner flag.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:40 pm Those surges Hector, never worried me as a kid/teenager, it would frighten the living daylights out of me now
1978 cup game v Man City was the best/worst depending how you look at it, I remember
hector

Post by hector »

I was there too.... lots of voices around me in the kop shouting to get on the pitch and get the game abandoned, the surge took most of us who didn't want to as well....
I was 16 and very bwelidered by it all at that match.... later that year I was in the army apprentice college at Harrogate training to be a soldier (of sorts)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:59 pm I think it was.

Away Aston Villa August 1975.
1-2 win for us.

Remember Ray Graydon hitting one straight in the centre of the goal, how he caught it I dont know, as the ball ended up as a throw in for us by the corner flag.
Hot shot Lorimer scored
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:14 pm Hot shot Lorimer scored

Can't remember either scorer tbh.
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 pm I was there too.... lots of voices around me in the kop shouting to get on the pitch and get the game abandoned, the surge took most of us who didn't want to as well....
I was 16 and very bwelidered by it all at that match.... later that year I was in the army apprentice college at Harrogate training to be a soldier (of sorts)

A rough day that was. One of the worst at ER, I remember