The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 20th Sept)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 20th Sept)

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning Everyone

A 2-0 home win at the Riverside keeps the pressure up on Leeds as Boro close the gap at the top of the Championship to one point.

If we think this is pressure, what is it going to be like in April?

Leeds Utd scouts were in attendance as Barcelona’s Under-19s won 2-1 against PSV in the UEFA Youth League yesterdy afternoon.

It has also been confirmed that scouts from LS11 were also at Girona 3-2 Celta Vigo on Monday & Valencia U19 v Juventus u19's.

It is believed that Cristhian Stuani, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto and Stanislav Lobotka are on Leeds radar!

Ross McCormack is heading back out to Australia to put pen to paper on a loan deal with A-League side Central Coast Mariners. Interestingly the former Leeds man might to playing alongside Usain Bolt who is on trial with CCM.

James Milner has been speaking to FourFourTwo about his father's influences.

Obviously Leeds fans are brought up to dislike Manchester United, as rivals, so red wasn’t allowed.

'I didn’t have any red shirts or anything, and the first time I ever wore it was probably for England.

'He did joke when I signed for Liverpool that it was the first time he’d be happy to see me regularly in red.'
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Re: The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 20th Sept)

Post by lufc1304 »

Morning Matt,

I think it's too early to talk about pressure. I fully expect us not to be top all season, but hope we can stay in and around the promotion places. If we can continue to play the way we have been, then we should be in the mix come Easter, and that's when the pressure will ramp up.

More young ones with potential (though I've never heard of any of them). I'm not averse to this approach as long as it isn't to the detriment of any strengthening Bielsa might want to do with the first team squad.

RM seems to have done alright out there, so good luck to him. Beats playing in the rain at Rotherham on a wet Tuesday night!

Would love to see Milner see out his career back home. Guy has got better with age, he's Leeds and he knows it
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Good morning Matt & everyone

No pressure being in a healthy position at the top of the championship

I can't see too much pressure come April as we'd have won promotion by March :-D :scar1
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

All Leeds United parents should teach their children good habits
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I'm not thinking ahead of Birmingham, but I'd rather be top than bottom.

You mean that Iago Aspas who has played in the last 5 Spanish internationals ?. Err OK.

I didn't need my Dad to tell me not to wear red. I also would love to bring JM home in the near future.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Milner??
Love to see him back at Leeds.......

In the Kop.
He's history as far as Lufc's concerned.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Stuani's just probably lazy journalism as Orta signed him for Boro, then again that sounds about right for us. I can't see us being in for Aspas and Pione Sisto either, they'd be far too expensive for us.