Jack Grealish

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Jack Grealish

Post by Cjay »

Spent quite a bit of time on the Villa forum.

Quite enjoy it, its an active forum, good for debate and such, its fun.

Anyway, this young man was in the news a lot in the summer, move never happened for one reason and another and Villa fans are delighted.

However, there not a happy bunch at the moment, despite there position there not best pleased with some of there performances and there boss, Steve Bruce, who seems to take every opportunity to have a dig. at them.

Jack Grealish is there golden boy, there Villa lad done good, there most exciting player, there star man in the eyes of most of the Villa faithful.

The love for Jack is massive, although some say he is top class, Premier League class, the best player in the league, far to good for this league etc etc.

Others, not so sure, potential yes, but right now, no he isnt as good as some think.

Stats wise he isnt much to write home about, his Championship record is 9 goals and 9 assists in roughly 50 games in this league.

Anyway there is some debate about where he plays, some say winger, some say number 10 some say deeper.

I always think opposition fans can sometimes give a better perspective of a players ability then his own fans, same for us, because fans get sentimental, opposition fans dont.

So, Jack Grealish?

Far to good for the league?
Overrated?

Where do we stand?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Re: Jack Grealish

Post by gessa »

On his day, mid table Prem quality, like Shelvey , but neither have enough on their days.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

if jack grealish worth 30 mill than saiz is worth double. dont rate him average at best
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

He's a decent player but seems an inconsistent type, haven't seen enough of him to make a firm judgement on Grealish Cjay

Is he any better than Klich or Saiz ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm He's a decent player but seems an inconsistent type, haven't seen enough of him to make a firm judgement on Grealish Cjay

Is he any better than Klich or Saiz ?
I havent seen huge amounts either Leon.

Although Villa like us are on tele quite a bit so get to see him more then most Championship sides.

Hard to judge imo because nobody seems to know where he plays.

I think he is similar to Saiz.

Pablo imo is the better player overall, more creative more consistent.
But Saiz on his day can be brilliant, but overplays to often or picks the wrong pass.

Thats Grealish to imo.

Can be brilliant, but its not consistent enough and he doesnt score or get enough assists, like Saiz tbf.

But if he is a deeper player then that may not be fair.
Signed

King Cjay

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Don't you think that a strong part of the Villa fans liking Grealish so much is because they see him as one of their own, in as much as he's a local boy, from a Villa supporting family and no doubt stood in the Holt End as a youngster. (It's a bit like the affection for Alan Smith at Elland Road - local lad, Leeds fan etc..., obviously before his doing the dirty and going west to ManUre. Albeit I would say was a far more influential player in that Leeds team than Grealish is at Villa)

That may well cloud their judgement somewhat on his real ability on the pitch - very good on his day, but doesn't really do it often enough seems to be the general consensus. I'm not surprised if Daniel Levy didn't sanction a spend of circa £30m for him in the summer (even if Poch did want him, did he ??)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:50 pm Don't you think that a strong part of the Villa fans liking Grealish so much is because they see him as one of their own, in as much as he's a local boy, from a Villa supporting family and no doubt stood in the Holt End as a youngster. (It's a bit like the affection for Alan Smith at Elland Road - local lad, Leeds fan etc..., obviously before his doing the dirty and going west to ManUre. Albeit I would say was a far more influential player in that Leeds team than Grealish is at Villa)

That may well cloud their judgement somewhat on his real ability on the pitch - very good on his day, but doesn't really do it often enough seems to be the general consensus. I'm not surprised if Daniel Levy didn't sanction a spend of circa £30m for him in the summer (even if Poch did want him, did he ??)
Nail on head i think Cat. :)

Very confident that if his name was Jackanio Grealishanio from Italy who was signed from Roma the year they went down then they wouldn't be so in awe of his ability.

But like us, they overrate his abilities some what becausehe is one of there own, sort of like how after a few decent games Kalvin Phillips should play for England :)
Signed

King Cjay

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I had a faint thought you were going there :whistle:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

heck of a goal tbf to Jack.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looked a different class last weekend on his return for Villa...I think he's special even if no one else does
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

To be fair though he was playing against Derby. They made our lot look like world beaters too.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I would say if the likes of Spurs wanted to spend on him, any quibbling from laymen is rather moot. :)

Still, Villa have been poor this season as a whole and I think it'd be only fair to judge him with a squad/manager that would make him shine. I think Bielsa would turn him into a world beater.

Edit: Then again, spurs paid £20mil for Sissoko :|
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mothbanquet wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:33 pm I would say if the likes of Spurs wanted to spend on him, any quibbling from laymen is rather moot. :)

Still, Villa have been poor this season as a whole and I think it'd be only fair to judge him with a squad/manager that would make him shine. I think Bielsa would turn him into a world beater.

Edit: Then again, spurs paid £20mil for Sissoko :|
It was £30mil :oops:

Talented boy Jack, but overrated like many English players by the media.
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 pm It was £30mil :oops:

Talented boy Jack, but overrated like many English players by the media.
Ah yes, couldn't remember the number but I know it was more than the ten bob he was worth. A Geordie mate of mine still laughs malevolently every time his name comes up.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Think he spends as much time in the mirror slicking his hair back as he does on his arse during a game conning refs into free kicks...quite a substantial amount !
Otherwise I don't think he's anything special and just keeps the cogs turning.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I don't condone violence but if someone smacked Jack Grealish again I wouldn't bat an eyelid

Cheat is & understatement for this horrible little man :evil:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm I don't condone violence but if some smacked Jack Grealish again I wouldn't bat an eyelid

Reminds me of Hazard (not anywhere close to that level obviously).

But clearly a talented and creative player who does get some rough treatment at times. (as do all players of that ilk tbf he is no different).

But more often then not he buys fouls by falling over when brushed, doesnt need to do it but nor does Hazard. Its common really with that sort of player, i suppose they feel "well if I'm going to be fouled for real and the ref knows that i may as well chance my arm and fall down whenever i can".

We have had players like that tbf.

And another reason i love Messi, i doubt there is a player in the world who gets worse treatment, what does he do? Carries on.
Signed

King Cjay

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm I don't condone violence but if someone smacked Jack Grealish again I wouldn't bat an eyelid

Repeat, repeat and repeat :rant: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm I don't condone violence but if someone smacked Jack Grealish again I wouldn't bat an eyelid

i'd be more than happy to smack the greaseball but i don't think i'll be able to catch him :)
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I think it's interesting that everyone was up in arms about him getting hit, but their fans don't seem bothered that Tyrone Mings, who has stamped on players heads on three separate occasions, plays for them. Fair enough Bamford's reaction/dive was ridiculous, but their player steaming into Klich and grabbing his neck is as bad as Grealish getting hit.