Creating Chances

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Creating Chances

Post by Cjay »

1st of two topics i will make today :)

Yesterday and against Millwall what impressed me most is how we created clear goal scoring chances.

Not just 1 or 2, but lots of them.

3 4 5 times in both games you could say our players should have scored, Tyler Roberts especially against Millwall had 2 minimum where he should have done better, and Jack Harrison and Mateusz Klich twice had 1v1s where they really should be scoring vs Preston.

Think we should praise our team more for this :)

Without Pablo Hernandez who i personally think is the most creative player in the league, i was really worried about whether we would create enough chances. Statistically Pablo was the most creative player in the league last season in fact, creating 3 goal scoring chances per game.

In the last 2 games we have shown that we can create chances without him.

Samu Saiz yesterday really did step up, he himself could have had 2 or 3 assists, thats exactly what we need from him, he has to be the man to take the creator role off Pablo.

Wasnt just Saiz, Jack Harrison was a real threat yesterday to, the ball to Klich really was Pabloesque.

2 main concerns i think a lot of us had given the losses of Bamford, Pablo and Roofe.

1) would we create enough chances- the answer seems to be yes, others are starting to step up.

2) would we be clinical enough- the answer is probably not, but if you keep doing 1 then clinical isnt so important.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Creating Chances

Post by leic white 63 »

to be honest cjay and i dont want to be a killjoy mate but if we cant create chances against the likes of millwall and preston than we shouldnt be where we are. saiz had more room than the moon last night but we hardly created anything against boro !
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 pm to be honest cjay and i dont want to be a killjoy mate but if we cant create chances against the likes of millwall and preston than we shouldnt be where we are. saiz had more room than the moon last night but we hardly created anything against boro !
Remember, both them teams finished above us last season, so it's nothing to be scoffed at! Any team can beat anyone on a given day so the fact we are creating plenty of chances against most teams should give us cause for optimism. Pulis came to ER for a point and made sure he got it by literally parking the bus, and only relying on set pieces and long throw ins. Considering the amount of money they have spent to us we are a much better team to watch. :)
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

true . im too optimistic but at the same time cautious !
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:48 pm to be honest cjay and i dont want to be a killjoy mate but if we cant create chances against the likes of millwall and preston than we shouldnt be where we are. saiz had more room than the moon last night but we hardly created anything against boro !
To be honest '63 Middlesbro' are difficult to breakdown as they are so defensively minded, big physical side who reminded of a Millwall but better than the Lions. They parked the bus at our place & created very little themselves , typical boring Pulis team!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We are far more creative this season, move the ball quicker as our players making space by clever runs off the ball, passing accuracy has improved tenfold, good on the break & always look like we'll score especially against teams who play open football. Getting two of our games v Boro' & Millwall out of the way is good especially we are still unbeaten
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

We certainly created a lot of chances last night Cjay, but I don't think we can afford to so profligate against the better sides or in those tight games (such as Millwall).
We need to be more clinical in front of goal. However, absolutely agree it's a huge positive that we're creating the chances in the first places, especially with 'big' players missing at the moment.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Boro parked the bus and tried to win as many set pieces as possible, was always going to be difficult. There isnt another Boro in the league. Very hard to break down a team like that, had we got the 1st goal i think we would have torn them to bits.

Given our record at The Den i think it was very impressive to create the amount of chances we did there.

Preston wernt great but we still tore holes in them.

All 3 teams finished higher then us last season also, shouldn't be to hard on ourselves :)
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:35 pm We certainly created a lot of chances last night Cjay, but I don't think we can afford to so profligate against the better sides or in those tight games (such as Millwall).
We need to be more clinical in front of goal. However, absolutely agree it's a huge positive that we're creating the chances in the first places, especially with 'big' players missing at the moment.
Absolutely agree mate.

We do need to be more clinical, it cost us vs Millwall and may do again.

But just to go there and make as many chances was impressive, considering the lacklustre performances there in the past.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

1964white wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:34 pm We are far more creative this season, move the ball quicker as our players making space by clever runs off the ball, passing accuracy has improved tenfold, good on the break & always look like we'll score especially against teams who play open football. Getting two of our games v Boro' & Millwall out of the way is good especially we are still unbeaten
i totally agree 64 . i just hope it continues ;-)